PDA

View Full Version : FS - Original Legnum wheels and tyres

MidnightSun
04-04-2006, 07:01 PM
After ordering a replacement alloy and tyre today - maybe two so I have a spare - decided I need a bit of cash to pay for it and some space in storage too. So if you are interested in a set of original 16" wheels and tyres that came with my Legnum - grimey but perfectly serviceable - then let me know as I doubt I'm going to put these back on the motor anytime soon. They're in storage right next to the A38 in south Devon for anyone in the region. Else we'll have to come up with some way to ship them. I know people keep a set for trackdays but I'm unlikely to burn through the rubber that regularly to justify keeping these (any experienced tracksters know differently? Do people tend to take a spare set to the track with them? :inquisiti )

WildCards
04-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Price?

ghanda
04-04-2006, 11:44 PM
The problem with 16's is they won't fit over any serious brake upgrade like the Brembo conversion form an Evo...but good luck anyway!

MidnightSun
05-04-2006, 04:59 AM
Havent thought of a price as yet, WildCards, so PM me with a sensible offer if youre interested and we'll come to some agreement - am not after a fortune (well not a huge one ;))

WildCards
05-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I was looking at the forum whilst bidding on ebay last night and had to leave pronto, hence the short post above, apologies.

i really don't know what to offer tbh, how soon do you want them shifted? I'm toying with the idea of having a spare set for winter/trackdays but also thinking about buying some bigger wheels to accomodate bigger brakes if the need ever arises.

I'll have a think and get back to you.

MidnightSun
05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
No great rush to shift them I guess - they've sat there for months as it is - but may as well sell them soon as I can to recoup the cost of the damaged alloy I've had to replace. I was thinking no more than £50 each? Expect postage/courier for these would cost as much as they are heavy. Make me an offer somewhere close to that and I'll agree.

MidnightSun
05-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Just went and had a look at the tread on the tyres and its pretty worn - Yokahama rubber - but just the right side of legal I'd guess, so revised estimate down to no more than £40 each. Any takers let me know.

MidnightSun
12-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Okay, okay, so how about £100 the set. Buyer collects or postage extra? Let me know!

WildCards
12-04-2006, 06:27 PM
mmm, ever more tempting. Are the tyres shagged? or d'you reckon they'd last a track day?

Are you going to Japfest?

MidnightSun
12-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Dont know if I will be at Japfest - hadnt made plans - but yes the tyres look, well, tired. Fine as a spare set for a bit more road use perhaps but serious track session will probably knacker em fast - which may be fine if you just want to burn them up anyway. Hence the price. I got them changed whilst the car was being prepped for its SVA last year so it was never an issue for me.