PDA

View Full Version : How much was your 45k service?

Jamo
08-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Hello all,

Just had a quote from Mitsubishi for £836. I know this is a biggie, with the timing belt changed but this seemed a lot to ask. I'd read about the Nottingham member INSERT INTO post VALUES (if I remember correctly) ending up paying around £740, so, for the first time, I shopped around.

The next Mitsubishi dealer along wanted £727. I felt really, really bad INSERT INTO post VALUES (yes, I can't help it) taking my custom across to this other place...but I can't pay £100 more to stay loyal. Who would? I'm equidistant between the two main dealers and besides, they're arranging free pick-up just like the other place did. So it's no different to me...just more than £100 cheaper.

Now, these are Surrey and Hampshire prices. I know some counties will naturally be cheaper, but could I ask what you guys paid for your 45k service and whether it was at a full Mitsubishi main dealer?

Cheers.

....Jamo

Nick VR4
08-10-2003, 11:26 AM
here is one thread regarding 45k service

AS you say its all to do with location

http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1380

Mine is due in a few weeks :eek:

enigma
08-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Sounds about in the right region.........well no it sounds bleeding expensive, but thats the sort of price you should expect!

I paid mine and am happy with the job that was done.........once it is done though, watch out for any 'extras'!!

I got in touch with Xtreme in Wolverhampton INSERT INTO post VALUES (the ex official UK Ralliart place) and they quoted me much the same price..........but £100 is £100!

Jamo
08-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Cheers bigdaveakers. The price you paid was set firm in my mind. But all the replies in that thread were estimates and comments. I figured there must be more among us who've actually had this done and can share the actual figure they paid, if they don't mind.

After all, sharing prices on here has already saved me hundreds on insurance and warranty. I'm steeled for paying out some dosh to keep owning this car, I love it. But no-one wants to pay more than the next guy for the same job, eh?

...James

Jamo
08-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Nick,

With yours due in a few weeks...will you be having it done at a main Mitsubishi place? Have you asked them how much it'll be yet?

...James