PDA

View Full Version : Please note: Anyone who may have sent any email to me the last few hours

Brind
08-10-2003, 04:46 PM
For some unkown reason Norton virus or internet security took a liking to deleting all my email for no apparent reason. :mad: and replaced the emails with the following informative quote: Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message.

I was getting some weird problem with my subscription status before that but that has mysterously cleared up and I guess it got bored and decided to f**k my email instead.

This is the first of any problem with Norton so I don't completly dislike it just yet. :)

Nick VR4
08-10-2003, 05:17 PM
patch released :) Run liveupdate :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------

You received an email message: "Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message." There also is an error message that states: "NIS has encountered a program error, please uninstall and reinstall." You want to know how you can fix this issue.

Solution:
There is a patch that you can get through LiveUpdate that corrects this problem. Please run LiveUpdate to download the patch.

The exact error message follows:

Subject: Symantec Email Proxy Deleted Message
Date: Monday, November 04, 2002 9:16 AM

Symantec Email Proxy deleted the following email message:

To:
Subject:

Brind
08-10-2003, 05:24 PM
That's the exact msg I got.
Seems odd though as my LiveUpdate is always running. :confused:
I reinstalled Norton to get a another years free subscription so I can't really moan. :D

Would you have any idea why after I installed Norton again it looks slightly different to my first install?
Before it was all intergrated but now if I want internet security I have to load it up from a link in the program rather than it just being another part of it.. :confused:

Nick VR4
08-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I dont let anything run live updates etc
Just have to remember to update now and again
Are you sure your firewall is letting it through

Mmm just a thought that's whats might be causing your upload speed to be low
As Symantec is polling all the time ? just thinking out loud

Most AV vendors tend to mess about with GUI's etc so front ends look different and they may have found the internet security part didnt like the AV part or conflicted with it ???

Brind
08-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Cheers Nick, I'll have play with the settings, I haven't had any real problems with my firewall that I know of but it sounds logical that my upload speed could be effected by Norton somehow.:)
Wouldn't surprise me as I swear this pc has a mind of its own and does whatever it likes.

Nick VR4
09-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Another related issue

Click for Info (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3/522d8b11df628ab488256d9500807078?OpenDocument&prev=http://search.symantec.com/custom/reg_eu/techsupp/kb/query.html?*col=kb%20us*st=1*nh=10*qp=url:us-sarc,url:/nip.nsf/46f26a2d6dafb0a788256bc7005c3fa3,url:us-lu,url:us-cs*qt=problem%20icon%20delay*miniver=npf_2003<>&sone=npf_2003_tasks.html&stg=3&prod=Norton%20Personal%20Firewall&ver=2003%20for%20Windows%202000/Me/98/XP&base=http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/techsupp/&next=npf/npf_2003_contact_tscs_other.html&tpre=eu&src=eu_sg&pcode=npf)

Brind
09-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Thanks alot Nick!

Norton does take forever to load, so I disabled it using the info from the link but it didn't increase my upstream speed.

I sent ntl an email yesterday but surprise surprise no response. :rolleyes: