PDA

View Full Version : Joining the ranks!

Nick Mann
08-10-2003, 07:42 PM
I have put a deposit on a 2001 trigger mauve ralliart estate!

I am hoping to have it for the weekend, and therefore bring it along, but I'm not sure if the gargantuan loan will be ready by then or not.

Believe it or not, I will be sorry to see the back of the V6-24. I have had almost three years of pleasure from it. Still, great things are ahead!

:hurrah: :boing1: :beerclash :thumb1:

Brind
08-10-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Nick Mann
Believe it or not, I will be sorry to see the back of the V6-24. I have had almost three years of pleasure from it. Still, great things are ahead!

You're just saying that now, it will soon be forgotten :cool:

Congratulations by the way! :cool:

Spirit
08-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Congrats Nick, you won't regret it mate !

Did you purchase from a dealer ? Warranty sound ? You know the rest......

Nick Mann
08-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Non-dealer, but still 18k and FMSH so I understand that it is still covered by its 3 year man'f warranty INSERT INTO post VALUES (about 8 months left). It was last serviced by Chris Variava in Nottingham, so I will be checking that out asap.

Still wondering how I will cope with driving without a clutch pedal! I have heard stories of people hitting the brake pedal with both feet!

I am like the worlds biggest kid atm, my wifey is more than a tad exasperated! :D

SGHOM
08-10-2003, 08:24 PM
congrats on the puchase, M8 !! & it'll be your 29th birthday on the big day also !!:D :D happy birthday in advance !! there you go Pescha !! I beat ya !:D :D :D LOL.

Spirit
08-10-2003, 08:36 PM
Non-dealer, but still 18k and FMSH so I understand that it is still covered by its 3 year man'f warranty INSERT INTO post VALUES (about 8 months left). It was last serviced by Chris Variava in Nottingham, so I will be checking that out asap.

Still wondering how I will cope with driving without a clutch pedal! I have heard stories of people hitting the brake pedal with both feet!

Didn't notice the age, thats good still under warranty mate.

Don't worry about having no clutch you will soon forget it. There is a nice footrest for your left foot, just make sure you keep it firmly planted on that :D

Nick Mann
08-10-2003, 09:01 PM
there you go Pescha !! I beat ya !

And there was me looking forward to seeing Pescha's posteria on sunday! :D

/exasperating the wifey even more mode!

Nick Mann
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry Pescha.

I was referring to your latest icon, I'm not expecting you to fly over on sunday :p

BraindG
08-10-2003, 09:24 PM
good stuff mate!... bet you cant wait either!..

get them pictures up when you got it!

Kieran
08-10-2003, 10:03 PM

The bit about Chris Variava servicing it is probably why the last owner got rid - he probably had to do a cash sale of the car to pay for the Variava Service Bill!!!!:D:D

Variava's do a good job... they just get foregetful if you ask them to do more than one thing at once!:mad:

If you ring them up, either Toni or Kelly on the service desk will be happy to confirm the previous servicing history. Just give them the Reg No. and they'll sort you out. If you ask nicely, they'll print off the old records for you - though you'll have to be charming!... If they quote the data protection act, then remind them that you could get the previous owner's details from the V5, and that you're perfectly happy for them to print the details off, then put a permanent marker over the offending data so that you can't see it. This is one to try in person though;)

Nick Mann
08-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Cheers. I will drive past Nottingham when I collect it, so I may pop in and see them on my way through.

Just praying now that I can have it for the weekend! I think it is a little hopeful, though. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

All I need to do now is win the lottery to try and modify it to the same standard as bigdaveakers! :D

zedy1
08-10-2003, 10:33 PM
good luck mate hope we get to see it at pod