PDA

View Full Version : 52 Reg V6 Elegance

scc
07-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Got this for sale:

A 2.5litre V6 Elegance auto-tiptronic in Pyrenees Black (rare?) with sport leather trim, registered late 2002, 20K miles on the clock. Condition is mint. Bonnet is pebble dashless.

Looking for 8200 pounds.

Pics and more details to follow soon.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers,
scc

psbarham
08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
not wishing to pi$$ on your bonfire , but the local butcher has one that has done 30,000 miles on a 51 plate ,absolutly mint, washed and polished every weekend (even kieren could learn something ) he wanted to trade it in against the mazda 6 mps he brought , best offer the dealer gave him .......

£500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:speechles

the reason the dealer took a 00' v6 sport in 8 months ago against a 6 sport and it sat on the forecourt for 6 months and ended up being sold at auction for £1100 quid , the used car market has gone barmy at the moment . any way good luck with the sale:2thumbsup

scc
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
pics:

scc
08-04-2006, 04:50 PM
more pic

ANTHONY
08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
not wishing to pi$$ on your bonfire , but the local butcher has one that has done 30,000 miles on a 51 plate ,absolutly mint, washed and polished every weekend (even kieren could learn something ) he wanted to trade it in against the mazda 6 mps he brought , best offer the dealer gave him .......
500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:speechles

i think he was just trying to get a cheap car to sell on £500 is taking the pi$$. i tkink i would go to another dealer........

oh and scc hang out for what you can get

psbarham
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
i think he was just trying to get a cheap car to sell on £500 is taking the pi$$. i tkink i would go to another dealer........

oh and scc hang out for what you can get
no he's a highly rated dealer whos knows quite a bit about performance cars (scooby dealer as well), even he said that the butcher would be better off trying to sell it privately , so instead of selling it he has kept it along side the MPS (well until i go and offer him cash for it , it is a manual after all:evilgrin: )

scc
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Got a call from cardata.co.uk saying that they have a buyer looking for the car of the same spec. But I need to pay them them 80 quid before they can release details?

Has anyone dealt with them?

Cheers,
scc

WildCards
12-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Got a call from cardata.co.uk saying that they have a buyer looking for the car of the same spec. But I need to pay them them 80 quid before they can release details?

Cheers,
scc

Be wary, mate of mine got a similiar call (Not sure if it was the same company) when slling his GT TDi through the Autotrader, paid the money but no buyer appeared. A complete fob off if you ask me.

Tell them they can have £80 when the car is sold, but not before.

as said...be wary

WildCards
12-04-2006, 12:52 PM
P.S. Good luck with the sale, Looks a nice motor.

PSB - /pan £500? - Big windows in that shop eh?

Nick Mann
12-04-2006, 12:55 PM

Cheers,
scc

It is absolute rubbish mate. Tell them if they provide a buyer THEN you will pay them £80. Don't touch them with a barge pole.

bernmc
12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
It is absolute rubbish mate. Tell them if they provide a buyer THEN you will pay them £80. Don't touch them with a barge pole.

Absolutely agree - these guys are sharks. Everyone who puts an ad in autrotrader gets a call from them. I fell for it with my old impreza, and never got a single enquiry through them!

And have a look at www.parkers.co.uk for a valuation.

S1yf0x
13-04-2006, 12:26 PM
not wishing to pi$$ on your bonfire , but the local butcher has one that has done 30,000 miles on a 51 plate ,absolutly mint, washed and polished every weekend (even kieren could learn something ) he wanted to trade it in against the mazda 6 mps he brought , best offer the dealer gave him ......

£500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:speechles

the reason the dealer took a 00' v6 sport in 8 months ago against a 6 sport and it sat on the forecourt for 6 months and ended up being sold at auction for £1100 quid , the used car market has gone barmy at the moment . any way good luck with the sale:2thumbsup

Just curious how much the Mazda cost?

If the Mitsi was worth say 6k and the Mazda had a tag of 6K then would £500 be a reasonable offer??

:)

ritch_w
13-04-2006, 01:24 PM
why are u selling this one Stephen? is it not newer that your other one?

scc
13-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the advice on the cardata type of companies. Had several calls from them today, and they came down on price on confidence of a sale, but I still didn't take it. They wouldn't tell me how many buyers are interested, nor were they able to answer probing questions?!?!? Also they said that the car is below the price that they would advertise it for?

Anyhow, I had another call from another company that offered the same service for free :D

why are u selling this one Stephen? is it not newer that your other one?
This one has done <20K miles and is worth more than my other two galants put together, and I need the money. You interested Ritch?

Is the elegance different to the sport engine wise? i.e. my sport does 60mph at 2250 rpm and 90mph at around 3500rpm, whereas the elegance does 60mph at <2000rpm and 90mph at <3250 rpm.

Cheers,
scc

psbarham
13-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Just curious how much the Mazda cost?

If the Mitsi was worth say 6k and the Mazda had a tag of 6K then would £500 be a reasonable offer??

:)
eer about £27000 . he still has it up for possible sale , i might have to help him out ;)

S1yf0x
13-04-2006, 08:32 PM
LOL when ur forkin out 27k for a new mazda then &#163;500 quid for trade in is pants. :)

psbarham
13-04-2006, 08:35 PM
LOL when ur forkin out 27k for a new mazda then £500 quid for trade in is pants. :)
i know , the market is very strange at the mo , the same dealer wouldn't even offer a price on my brother in laws M6 beemer against a mazda 6 , they just can't shift second hand cars at the moment so are giving stupid prices on trade in's to save them having to shift them

Davezj
23-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Have to agree, the cardata pepole are a bunch of rip off murchants.
i had my car with them for over year and not a sniff. the only thing paying the money got me was to get them to stop phoning me, and i never heard from them again.
I thought i was the only mug that fell for this, although it was about 6 or 7 years ago.