PDA

View Full Version : Wanted--2.5 V6 Estate.

flat spot
08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
So if anyone hears of one, here's the spec I'm after.

2.5 Sport or Elegance estate. Would want leather interior and must be manual, oh and black.

Usual other things, FSH, mint, low mileage, the later year the better, preferably an '03, but no earler than an '01.

Will travel from North West to pretty much anywhere for a decent car.

Probably asking to much, but I'm willing to wait for the right one.

Cheers F.S.

zedy1
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
ill let you know if i come across one

AncientOfMu
09-04-2006, 10:22 AM
There is one at Southgate Mitsubishi..... If you are willing to pay £10k for it /pan

flat spot
09-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Ok thanks. As for 10k, I think that'll be standing there for the rest of time unless some poor sod buys it not realising the chronic depreciation these cars suffer from, and they're probably going to take a 4 grand hit in 1 year.

Paul Beazer
09-04-2006, 10:22 PM
One thing you may find is manual V6 estates arent that common. make sure there isnt any gearbox noise either!

g8legnum
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
So if anyone hears of one, here's the spec I'm after.

2.5 Sport or Elegance estate. Would want leather interior and must be manual, oh and black.

Usual other things, FSH, mint, low mileage, the later year the better, preferably an '03, but no earler than an '01.

Will travel from North West to pretty much anywhere for a decent car.

Probably asking to much, but I'm willing to wait for the right one.

Cheers F.S. I've got a 2001 - 51 V6 Sport Estate if you're interested. Downside is its not leather and its silver not black, but it is manual and there is no gearbox noise. Let me know if one out of three will fit the bill. :inquisiti

WildCards
10-04-2006, 04:07 PM
I've got a 2001 - 51 V6 Sport Estate if you're interested. Downside is its not leather and its silver not black, but it is manual and there is no gearbox noise. Let me know if one out of three will fit the bill. :inquisiti

Could always get the tan leather inetrior that Legnum Breaker has got.

flat spot
10-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Thanks g8legnum, but I can wait 'till the one I really want turns up.:happy:

flat spot
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Still looking. I thought a few might turn up now the warranty has run out on the 3 year old cars.
Still, if anyone knows of a very nice one.:thumbsup:

ritch_w
09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
thers a 03 plate on ebay that looks nice, could be worth a closer look

MikeKey
10-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I saw a black Elegance V6-24 Estate for sale just last week. Not sure of the exact year or service history, and it was tip/auto, but it was low mileage, was in great condition and had black leathers!

Downside is it's in Jersey so there'd prolly be duty and whatnot to pay on it /Grrr

flat spot
10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
That 03 on ebay has done 93000 in 3 years :speechles As for the other i'm afraid auto is a no go at all. The performance is affected to much by it. Defo a manual needed. Thanks though. Gotta keep looking.:D

AncientOfMu
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
That 03 on ebay has done 93000 in 3 years :speechles As for the other i'm afraid auto is a no go at all. The performance is affected to much by it. Defo a manual needed. Thanks though. Gotta keep looking.:D

Have you actually driven examples of both? Auto and manual?

My tiptronic is pretty quick when you want it to be :pimp2: but also has the luxury of fully auto when you want comfort. And 93 thou in 3 yrs is not unusual my '02 plate had done 84 thou in 3 yrs but it was all motorway and she is as smooth as a smooth thing. Full Mitsi SH will make a big difference.

flat spot
10-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Truth be known I've not driven either, but that's the car I want. Looking at performance there's 1.5 secs difference 0-60 and I guess a bigger difference 30-70 which is more important. The reliability, or lack of it, of the auto box is a big consideration as well.

As for the miles, I've had my last car 8 years and done 75000 in it. For that reason I want something with 30000 or so to start off with.

There's one out there with my name on it.:thumbsup:

ritch_w
10-05-2006, 10:14 PM
The reliability, or lack of it, of the auto box is a big consideration as well.

auto box issues on the v6 are rare, on the vr4 the torque convertor seal can go - but correct servicing is the key - and that applies to manuals as well....

Kieran
11-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Truth be known I've not driven either, but that's the car I want. Looking at performance there's 1.5 secs difference 0-60 and I guess a bigger difference 30-70 which is more important. The reliability, or lack of it, of the auto box is a big consideration as well.

I've owned a Manual V6 Sport, and been in several Tip versions. Don't be too quick to Pan the automatic. I'd drive both if I were you.

Also, where the V6 is concerned, I'll stick my neck out and say that the Manual box is no stronger than the Auto. Sure, the auto torque convertor splines can shear, and this also often damages the input shaft splines too, but usually this is an indication of abuse and/or high mileage.

The manual box has seemingly weak input shaft bearings - these get noisy eventually (circa 75,000 miles or above) and ultimately, you'll need to have them replaced - a gearbox out job.

flat spot
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
If the car had more power and it doesn't cost more than the car is worth to repair if it goes wrong, I'd go for the auto. But as it stands I want the manual. As for test driving I can't find one, let alone test drive it. :happy:

flat spot
03-08-2006, 05:24 PM
Well in all this time I haven't even seen one advertised let alone going to buy one.
I'd have thought as the 03's are now out of warranty there would be more of a selection. They're not crap are they and there's none for sale 'cos there weren't any sold?

Apart from autotrader. Any suggestions on where to look? Not to keen on ebay, and I haven't seen a single one on the official Mitsu site.

Gonna have to go for a Subaru or Audi if they don't start turning up./Hmmm

WildCards
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I assume you didn't see this then Flat Spot?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180012715878&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

Bout the best i've seen I think.

flat spot
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Never saw it. Although it's purple which I'm not keen on I'd have given more than that if it was as good as it looks.

That's the problem with evilbay. I could travel 200 miles to see it. Pay for a report, probably £100, then get outbid. Not good me thinks.

There must be some about somewhere. Was there only 50 sold or something? /wall