PDA

View Full Version : Farting dump valve?

jayjay99
09-04-2006, 12:17 PM
I installed a forge evo DV on my vr-4 and since then I've been getting this high pitched farting sound just before the wooshing sound, it sounds kind of like a dog whining. It doesn't do it when I rev the car in neutral but only when I'm driving along, so I can't listen to see where it's coming from. I initially thought it would be the DV so I got in touch with forge motorsport and they sent me a service kit (new spring, 'o' rings, cylinder and grease) but still I have the sound. I next thought maybe it's a pipe joining on to the DV, so I tightened them all but still I have it. Anyone had a simillar issue that could maybe point me in the right direction or have any ideas as to what it could be?

Cheers.

bernmc
09-04-2006, 05:58 PM
I've got a forge DV in a box in the cupboard (FMEVO15)- plannig to fit it in the next week or so. I'll let you know, but it's a recirc so may not do the same.

jayjay99
09-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Ah, ok, let me know.

bernmc
20-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Fitted mine today, JJ. No strange noises at all, so must be something odd with yours.

Details here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15641)

Bazlightyear
20-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I fitted a new BOV to my Leggy (can't remember what make) but when I change gear it makes a sound like a Cuckoo.

Barry