PDA

View Full Version : Someones hurt my Baby!!!!

Legnum Boy
09-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Sat here, playing MTA-VC, I hear a crunch....
Not just any crunch, its got a silent shreek off pain included..
I can sense that somethings not right.
I draw back the curtain and look down from my bedroom window. Theres my baby, gleaming in the sun....
Oh no.... WHATS THAT!!! There's a ford transit pick-up, sat extremely close to the rear passenger side quarter....

OH NO... Why is the driver looking up at me like that....

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!:Cry1:

BraindG
09-10-2003, 10:36 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! oh crap..
omg mate - thats not good..
im really sorry to hear that this has happened :Cry1:
take it his insurance has it covered?

Legnum Boy
09-10-2003, 10:46 AM
:Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1:

Now, I dont have a clue about car repairs, so opinons please....

Am I looking at a right-off, even though it aint my fault???
I dont know as all the other accidents I've had have been....:rolleyes:

PUDD
09-10-2003, 10:48 AM
:Cry1: awwww m8,thats terrible,were all praying for her speedy recovery:eek:
Lets hope something horrible happens to the Transit:gun2: :gun3: :gun2: :mad2: :gun1: :grr:

Nick VR4
09-10-2003, 11:32 AM
OMG thats nasty
I wouldnt think it would be a write off IMHO

I hope the transit driver was sorry the TWAT

enigma
09-10-2003, 11:45 AM
I hope he was sorry and had a bloody nose!!!:D

If it is a write off, it would be worth buying from the insurance company for spares or to fix...........it would make an awesome VR4 Ute!!!! :cool1:

I cant understand the extent of the damage, seems like a manouvering incident so why the F*&K did he not stop at the first signs of contact.........:confused:

To be honest it looks cosmetic, and as such may not be too bad to repair as long as the panels are not like normal Mitsubishi parts.

Good luck matey and keep us informed.

Legnum Boy
09-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Thanks for your support..

My insurance is fine, its just the cowboy maintainace firm that own the transit, Im worried about...
Sure the guys sorry and all that, but the second I mention insurance he goes coy, and then wont even give me his name!!!! Some force from above, stops me from sending this guy straight past casualty to a report in the coroners office INSERT INTO post VALUES (I kid you not); and I get a name and mobile no. of the company he works for. Seems the company boss is none to willing to pass me any info regarding insurance either, "Nope, the insurance is down to who evers driving the van at the time".... Oh Please.....As if....

So I get the Reg no. and busy off to phone my ins. co.
They quietly reassure me that everythings going to be fine, leave it to them, it willl be sorted...oh yes and can I please pay the £500 excess upfront now. I will get it back, if and when they manage to assign the costings to another ins. co.

Bloody Cheek!!!:D

Spirit
09-10-2003, 12:24 PM
OMG mate thats terrible ! Hope she's not in too much pain and you get her sorted asap.

Brind
09-10-2003, 09:03 PM
I first saw this in the events section.
Looks nasty but I doubt it is a write off, good luck mate.

zedy1
09-10-2003, 11:01 PM
i know how u feel happended to me a couple off weeks ago
hope u get her put right

calum
10-10-2003, 08:00 PM
That's about 1100-1500 quids worth of damage. New rear quarter panel, new light unit, fitting and painting.

Report the company, van reg and driver to the police re: insurance.

Your insurance company will tell you it's going to be OK then they'll mess about for over a year before you get your excess back INSERT INTO post VALUES (if ever).

Calum

the_boy
10-10-2003, 08:04 PM
That looks fooking nasty, shame you didn't have one of these at the time. :flamer1:

Hope you get things sorted, the sooner the better.

Bloody insurance companies are downright cheeky monkeys :monkey1:

landy
10-10-2003, 09:30 PM
OH MY GODDDD!!!!

I'm so sorry for you mate, but I'm sure the insurance company will cough up quickly. Make sure they do a good job and definately tell them if you're not happy with the work.

The £500 excess is bloody steep though. Have you got protected no claims bonus aswell?

Keep us informed

Spirit
10-10-2003, 11:04 PM
Come to think of it , I wouldn't pay the excess until the work has been completed to your satisfaction. The last claim I had I paid the excess at the end !

banjo
11-10-2003, 02:30 PM
The Old Bill won't be interested, 'up to you to sort it out with your insurance company sir'. The insurance companies I've found these days are quite good at sorting that type of problem.

Doesn't look like a write off. They won't ask for the excess until they've completed the repairs and it can take quite a while to get it back INSERT INTO post VALUES (personal experience).

Thought I saw you Sunday before last about lunch time by Stanborough Lakes going towards the town centre, I was 3 cars behind.

Legnum Boy
12-12-2003, 02:06 AM
Hi plp,

Been a while, but I thought it about time to update on whats happened.

It wasn't a right off, but there was more than £2500 worth of damage... :eek:

Its fixed, I paid my share, but thats the good bit..
When I went to pick up the car, taking advice from here, I checked her over before accepting her back..
Good move..In the process of removing the CD multichanger to repair the damage, the repair co. has buggered the Jap TV screen, and it is now constantly rolling. I refused to pay the excess, and after long heated discussions with Direct Line, it was agreed that they would accept the cost of repairing the screen..INSERT INTO post VALUES (no way was the repairer gunna admit liability-nor I able to prove it...but I know full well..)
So they kept her for another two weeks, INSERT INTO post VALUES (luck I bought a cheap run around from Ebay..) only to state that the ICE company that they deal with did not have anyone with the required knowledge to fix it... so they have decided to contact mitsu UK and see what alternatives are possible..I have since taken receipt of the car, on the grounds that the repairs are not complete, and am now waiting to here back from them anytime soon...

Not really expecting much though, just hoping on damage limitation..

As for the claim its self... still no joy tracing liability.. even though they have contacted the registered owner of the vehicle in question.

Has anyone removed the Jap TV screen, and if so, what have they done to rectify the loss of certain AC controls?

All this nightmare was started when I was sat in my bedroom, minding my own business... :mad:

banjo
12-12-2003, 08:14 AM
If you're in the AA INSERT INTO post VALUES (and prob the RAC) their legal department are very good at getting the person who caused the damage to pay. Or if you've got the legal expenses bit attached to your insurance.

Did I see you the Saturday before last turning left at around 2.15pm on the roundabout on the way to Stanborough Lakes, I was turning left on same roundabout going in opposite direction.

BraindG
12-12-2003, 09:00 AM
Has anyone removed the Jap TV screen, and if so, what have they done to rectify the loss of certain AC controls?

I dont suppose, the AC plugs at the back are the same as "normal"? in which case a normal facia could be installed, and plugged right in?

enigma
12-12-2003, 09:11 AM
I would have to guess that the plugs are the same...........Would be pointless making them different

BraindG
12-12-2003, 09:51 AM
then it would just be a case of pluging in a normal one...
ive got a spare one....for the price of a new engine.. its yours.. :)

colVR4
12-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Have you got free legal cover with your insurance? If so, then get them onto claiming all uninsured losses from the other guys insurance. If you get onto them straight away you shouldn't have to pay a penny. Plus the other guys insurance will have to pay for the cost of a hire car while your car is getting repaired. Check to see exactly what is classed as uninsured losses with your legal cover. INSERT INTO post VALUES (personal experience...recent personal experience :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( )

You should have informed the police if the person involved in the accident refused to give you all the details about themselves and their insurance. It is their legal obligation to give you that information at the scene of an accident. If they don't they are breaking the law!!

Hope it all gets sorted in the end :-b