PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

detonate
11-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Just for a change.

http://www.bp.co.nz/about/market_pricing110406.html

jervis
11-04-2006, 07:22 AM
wouldn't it be great if one day we could say "wow, what a suprise!" without a shred of sarcasm? :-(

Gly
11-04-2006, 07:23 AM
im not gonna look, i dont wanna know anymore..

Robotnik123
11-04-2006, 07:44 AM
im not gonna look, i dont wanna know anymore..

But you're lucky, not having turbos. It'll hurt us twin hairdryer drivers much more. /Grrr

ShadyNZer
11-04-2006, 07:50 AM
hard out, just had half a tank of gas before i gave my car to my missus dad to get fixed no its jus above E...shot

maori_by_nature
12-04-2006, 06:32 AM
i'm think'n about buy'n a bomb and save the vr4 for the weekends... i cant keep this up for much longer if they keep rising

Kieran
12-04-2006, 07:52 AM
i'm think'n about buy'n a bomb and save the vr4 for the weekends... i cant keep this up for much longer if they keep rising

Welcome to our world! :embarasse

mpau009
12-04-2006, 08:03 AM

...reckon you could pick me up:sad3: /pan

Iv seriously thought about buying a sh!*ter, but by the time you add in wof and reg, tyres, 3rd-party insurance(if your good), gas, etc etc, i don't think its worth it, unless your doing really high k's to work.

My cunning plan has been to start cashing in on all the people who have got used to me driving them places, and rightly so.

...and yes today:drummer: i managed to put $90 into my wagon, i nearly choked:stars: -now to make it last the next three months.....

detonate
12-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Welcome to our world! :embarasse

Now we all know how you keep your car so clean... you never drive it anywhere :P

/pan

bradc
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
At the moment I drive about 550-600km a week, fortunately I get anywhere between $40 and $60 back in cash from my company from doing pickups during the week. Today I had a bonus though, the boss borrowed the mazda and did 83km in it, I get 70 cents per km, so I got $58 back, it only would have been about $20 petrol though :D Every little bit helps :)

WildCards
12-04-2006, 12:07 PM
As Kieran said, it's easy to feel the pinch when the fuel costs are so high.

KiwiTT
15-04-2006, 10:29 PM
Just a thought. I noticed that when the price went up, the number of cars on the road dropped. If it continues like that, we may have less cars to contend with, can drive smoother, and thereby save on fuel again. i.e. less stop-start driving.

bradc
15-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I've been thinking that too Richard. Maybe in a couple of years all the roading projects will be finished and there will be no cars to use them all :)

dreamer
16-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Maybe in a couple of years all the roading projects will be finished and there will be no cars to use them all :)

LMFAO

bradc
16-04-2006, 03:00 AM
let me change 'couple' to 10 ;)

I must say that I am fairly impressed with the amount of work that transit are doing at the moment, the work in Roskill, the new east tamaki onramp, and all the stuff in the city is great, BUT WHY THE HELL WONT THEY ADD MORE ****ING LANES ONTO THE MOTORWAY???????

Imagine if it was 3 lanes from Papakura, the 4 from Manukau, the 5 from Mt Wellington the whole way into the city, 4 lanes the whole way from the west offramp to Albany, then the exact opposite the whole way south again. Why the **** is there still only 2 lanes at mt wellington? FFS

/rant over :)

detonate
18-04-2006, 03:03 AM
seriously... wtf.
Can they not go even a WEEK without raising the prices... again.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=1&ObjectID=10377894

You See
18-04-2006, 03:33 AM
hhmm, fill up now or when I get back?...
...Later I think, fingers crossed it'll drop!

Rossco Type-S
18-04-2006, 03:51 AM
hhmm, fill up now or when I get back?...
...Later I think, fingers crossed it'll drop!

Doesn't look like its gonna drop anytime soon as they are using both the falling dollar and Iran as an excuse this time. The Iran probem isn't about to go away anytime soon.

KiwiTT
18-04-2006, 03:52 AM
I think I have enough until the weekend. Then I will probably need to load up twice /yes

KiwiTT
18-04-2006, 03:55 AM
"Ministry of Environment spokesman Keith Lyons said more people may now consider public transport.

Petrol price hikes usually do not change people's behaviour markedly, but more people may consider getting smaller cars and also look at public transport," he said.

We would like a reduction in fossil fuels. If prices were to go up to $4 a litre, then we would probably see definite change in people's patterns in how far they are willing to travel, or commute for example." Stuff (http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3640903a10,00.html)

My change of habit is $5.00 per litre.

You See
18-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Bugger, off to the pumps I go! /Hissy

mpau009
18-04-2006, 04:02 AM
At this rate, car thieves will be leaving the stereos, and nicking the gas instead... :thinking: :inquisiti /Devil5 :anxious:

...that reminds me, i think i have to go now.... ..quietly collects crowbar.../pan :mask:

Seriously tho, does anyone have any experience with those various magnetic fuel savers/atomisers? my engineering student mates swear that they work, but i would like to hear first hand..

If i had some sort of savings info on the VR4, side effects on power, response etc, then i could work out if its any good for me.

KiwiTT
18-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Seriously tho, does anyone have any experience with those various magnetic fuel savers/atomisers? my engineering student mates swear that they work, but i would like to hear first hand..

see here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15410&highlight=fuelstar)

Don't bother. Check the links:book:

Rossco Type-S
18-04-2006, 04:11 AM
I think at $4 per litre we would see petrol stations and oil company depots becoming the targets of violent attacks.

GroundControl
18-04-2006, 04:25 AM
bastards - i was going to fill up on the way to work but decided i'd do it this evening instead :thinking: :inquisiti

jervis
18-04-2006, 05:07 AM
:thinking: surely the falling NZ dollar cant be having THAT much influence. I mean, I'm expecting a cheque from the US (in USD) in the next couple of weeks, and I'm not thinking its going to be significantly more that what I've already accounted for.

Ass.

bradc
18-04-2006, 05:11 AM
well the US$ has dropped by about 10% recently, so we should expect the price to go up by about 10%, or about 15-16c per litre, unfortunately there are the problems in Iran now too, which appears to be pushing it up more and more.

KiwiTT
18-04-2006, 05:48 AM
:thinking: surely the falling NZ dollar cant be having THAT much influence. according to BP (http://www.bp.co.nz/about/pricing/index.html) nearly half the price is based on the import cost, which is all priced in US dollars. Most of the excise taxes are fixed cents per litre, only GST is variable.

Rossco Type-S
18-04-2006, 05:54 AM
At the end of the day the Oil companies use any excuse the can to raise prices. When an event occurs such as the dollar falling or huricane Katrina, the prices go up instantly, despite the fact that the oil being refined was purchased a month or two earlier. If the price per barrel goes down it takes the oil companies weeks to lower the prices.

Its not all the oil companies fault though, you've got to remember that the procing is decided by OPEC, which is a collection of people that love the west's money but hate the west. Bush's great decision to "liberate" Iraq hasn't exactly been too good for oil prices either.

bradc
18-04-2006, 06:38 AM
I don't think that any of the retail petrol companies are actually making any more or less with all the price changes, I do think that the government needs to start dropping petrol tax though, before it has too much of an effect on the economy.

Munta
18-04-2006, 07:02 AM
yes gas is expensive... but think of everything else that will go up with it.. food etc...
meh if ur worried about gas y own a vr4?

:edit: no im not rich either. i only earn $400p/w and over 1/2 of that goes into bills excluding gas :D

bradc
18-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I guess you're right, we could purchase a crappy little 1.3l jap car and do normal city driving in those, and use the vr-4's for the weekend.

Xeroid
18-04-2006, 12:00 PM
We car pool, 1 VR4 at a time ( our works are quite close ) but still adds up for sure.

jervis
19-04-2006, 01:02 AM
oh, just in case anyone didn't notice - Gull has not yet followed suit with the price hike - so if you need gas today, get it from gull... todays gas at yesterdays prices.

:pimp2:

KiwiTT
19-04-2006, 01:10 AM
... the fact that the oil being refined was purchased a month or two earlier. If the price per barrel goes down it takes the oil companies weeks to lower the prices.Mobil 8000, BP Ultimate, and possibly Gull are imported as a refined product and only 91 and 95 (formerly 96) can be produced at the NZ Refinery for the main Gas companies.

Its not all the oil companies fault though, you've got to remember that the procing is decided by OPEC, which is a collection of people that love the west's money but hate the west. Bush's great decision to "liberate" Iraq hasn't exactly been too good for oil prices either.Yep. Agree with you there. However, if the *real* goal was to increase oil prices so the oil companies can make bigger profits, then he has done very well indeed.

bradc
19-04-2006, 01:59 AM
I found a shell that was 161.9 this morning too, I filled the 626 up to the point where the petrol just sits at the opening where the pump goes in, I couldn't have got 1ml more in there :D

detonate
20-04-2006, 11:39 AM
yes gas is expensive... but think of everything else that will go up with it.. food etc...
meh if ur worried about gas y own a vr4?

Says the guy complaining about a $20 membership fee :P

Robotnik123
20-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Got a lift today in a workmate's Holden Commodore SS VY - one with a 5.7L LS1 V8 engine. I was shocked to see that he filled it up with regular 91 octane gas! Apparently they can use 91 with no probs. Bloody Holdens - I bet they get better gas mileage than we do too. :(

bradc
20-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Robotnik, they definately don't! The monaro (see gallery for a pic or two of it) typically gets 400km out of a tank of gas, which is around 70 litres. The VR-4 is a lot faster and more economical than it.