PDA

View Full Version : Risking Santa Pod???

Legnum Boy
09-10-2003, 11:29 AM
This is so fcuking typical....
Couldn't happen Monday, NO, had to be before my pre-planned weekend of motoring heaven...

Don't know what to do now...
Im assuming that the damage, although painful to look at, is mearly cosmetic, and INSERT INTO post VALUES (fingers crossed) will just mean some time in a body shop...

Should I attempt a patch up job, and limp it up to Santa Pod INSERT INTO post VALUES (30miles) hoping not to draw the un-wanted attention of the local plod... Or is this detremental to what my insurance co. would want happen? :nono:

Just for the sake of it... here's another one to sob over....
:Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1: :Cry1:

Nick VR4
09-10-2003, 11:53 AM
Do the lights / indicators work still ?
Halfords do different coloured stickey tape you could patch them up with that
At least your be road worthy
Not to sure about insurance company rules etc
You may want to ask them

Simon
09-10-2003, 06:04 PM
BUGGER!....... I was going to suggest the coloured tape from halfords.....main question....will u have to drive anywhere in the dark? you'll get away with it in daylight.

Brind
09-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Ack! :eek: unlucky. :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

As the others have said, assuming your lights still work there shouldn't be too much of a problem with driving the car.
You can state the damage has only just happened and you're driving somewhere to either get it fixed or you are driving straight home both legal answers to drive as is.

zedy1
09-10-2003, 11:04 PM
and also cover the sharp edges with a bin linear or somat as cus they are counted as dangerous parts

Kieran
09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
As you'll probably need to respray that area, Gaffer/Elephant tape will hold well over the sharp metal bits and make them safe enough to satisfy plod.:)

Hope it all goes OK for you, and I do hope we'll see you at SantaPod!