PDA

View Full Version : What to look for on this facelift Legnum?

Kalle
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi!
I'm not really new on here but I could not figure out where to post this elsewere.. /help

I'm about to buy a Legnum VR4 facelift -99 and would like some help on what to check for when I see it.

here's the ad:
1999 S Reg MITSUBISHI GALANT 2.5 Legnum VR-4,
5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Petrol, 75,000 miles, Purple, ABS, AirCon / Climate, Alarm / Immobiliser, Alloys, CD Player, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Electric Windows and Mirrors, Leather Trim, PAS, Sunroof, Imported. Web: www.harlequinmotorcompany.co.uk. E-mail: hmc@87ingleside.fsnet.co.uk. £5990

Seller's words:
NEVER BEEN SMOKED IN CIG...LIGHTER STILL NEW
NO DOG HAIRS IN BOOT +NO SCRATCHES ON PLASTICS
1 OWNER IN UK
IMPORTED 15/10/04
SOME HISTORY BUT IN JAP
CAM BELT REPLACED 31/08/05 TOGETHER WITH TENSIONER AND AUTOBOX OIL
VERY VERY TIDY INSIDE AND OUT
MOT JUST BEEN DONE

The seller did not know if it has gotten an anti-corrosion treatment after it was imported...

What should I be checking?

mpau009
11-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Have a look at the buyers guide on the site. Its really comprehensive, and worked well for me, also if you have mechanically minded friends get them to have a thorough look. Its always better to spend a bit now than be let down and face nasty repair bills.

Nick Mann
11-04-2006, 09:25 PM
It's a type V. No wheel arch extensions, no AYC, no high contrast dash, alloys like the pre-facelifts.

From your other thread though, it is a very good price and has some interesting aftermarket additions, plus the bonus of the recaro interior!

WildCards
11-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Cruise control? Is that a Type V thing?

Website listing states leather upholstery, which it clearly is not!

Does it have AYC?

Despite what I've said above...looks a good price to me

Kalle
11-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I've read the buyer's guide and it says that all have AYC..!?

Is cruise control something other VR4s do not have??

WildCards
11-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I've read the buyer's guide and it says that all have AYC..!?

Is cruise control something other VR4s do not have??

I was under the impression some Type V's didn't have AYC, but I stand to be corrected. Cruise control AFAIK is quite a rare feature, I haven't got it anyway, and don't know of anyone else who does for that matter. I'm sure there was some discussion on here about it a while back.

bradc
12-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Most Type V's won't have AYC, but then they don't normally have recaro's either. I can also tell you that it would have been made very early in 1999 because it doesn't have LEGNUM written in chrome on the back between the lights (just like my car, but mine is 10/1998)

Kieran
12-04-2006, 05:13 AM
Yeah, it's a Type-V by the looks of things. I think the reference to 'cruise control' is a red herring - it's not got the controls for cruise on the steering wheel, and if you look, there's also another inaccuracy in that it says it's got leather, when it clearly hasn't.

I didn't realise you could specify Recaros and the boot spoiler on the Type-V? :inquisiti

Kalle
12-04-2006, 06:50 AM
How is the easiest way to check if this one has AYC or not? visible from underneath? Anyone got pictures of it?

WildCards
12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
How is the easiest way to check if this one has AYC or not? visible from underneath? Anyone got pictures of it?

Three bars on the dash I should imagine.

Nick Mann
12-04-2006, 10:02 AM

Dash indication and AYC pump under the rear of the car on the drivers side. I would put money on it that this VR4 does not have AYC.