PDA

View Full Version : Joining up.

glover
12-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Ive already found this site very informative, so thanks for that.

my query is does the members only forum contain info thats specifically for the vr4 or will I find it useful owning a 2.5 v6.

richy rich
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
you will find it very good for the v6

ANTHONY
12-04-2006, 08:23 PM
also any other type of galant........... its also a bit of fun and some good meeting as well

Kieran
12-04-2006, 10:00 PM
I've owned both a 2.0 GLS, a 2.5 V6 Sport and a VR-4 - the members area has been useful for all of them!:2thumbsup

glover
13-04-2006, 10:00 PM
cheers, membership fee has been sent.

Nick Mann
13-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Just to warn you that Spirit is away in sunny Deutschland at the moment, so you will have to wait a few days before you are set up. But welcome on board!!

Kieran
14-04-2006, 11:37 PM
cheers, membership fee has been sent.

:2thumbsup I think you'll find the articles useful - and if there's something you think is missing - tell us!

As Nick says, Pete (Spirit) and Andy (The Vee) are away at the moment, so there'll be a bit of a delay in processing your application - sorry about that, but it shouldn't be too long!

Welcome to ClubVR4!:happy: Why not drop in at one of this year's events and say Hi - Would be good to meet you!

glover
15-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome all.

soapy1978
15-04-2006, 02:38 PM
yes welcome to the site/club glover

caishanvr4
15-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Yes welcome aboard glover, and as kieran said to get to know us even better and put faces to names come on down to an event ;)
post up some pics of your car :2thumbsup

MPBVr4
15-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the club mate :2thumbsup
Let's see some pics :inquisiti

It's the best £20 I've spent, I've had a V6-24 saloon and now a VR-4.

I'm sure you'll find it very useful and entertaining. Come to a meet there
are a couple coming up.
Castle Combe 20th May and Taunton 16th July.

Sulli
15-04-2006, 09:34 PM
The £20 I spent helped me through the additional info I gained on the members forum, though i'd rather have spent it on oil/fuel etc.
However, I have never had to spend anything to get such info for any other car i've had. OK, so the VR4 is rare, but the info is out there, and the club seems to want a monopoly on it, at a price. Didn't really get anything for the money aside from access to a members only forum - a lot of which is just generic stuff you can find anywhere (again though, a lot was very useful).
The £20 will be worth it to some extent, but I disagree with the principle, and I wasn't satisfied with an explanation to how it was spent - members should be informed of all accounts, breakdown of how everything is spent etc, as shareholders.
I'll get me (flame-proof) coat/help

Kieran
15-04-2006, 11:01 PM
At the risk of sounding like I am being protective of the club membership, I think I should adress some of your comments, Sulli.

Members are informed of the club accounts and where the money goes... Here's the report for 2005.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13061

As for the information being out there... Where?... Well, okay, some basic information is, and whilst I agree that you could muddle through, say an ATF change or removing the dashboard by reading a guide for another car and working it out, wouldn't it be nicer to follow a set of specific instructions? Our article area grows all the time, and whilst I can't speak for everyone, I do get great satisfaction from contributing to it, to the benefit of others in the club.

As for your £20 only getting you access to information.... Well, I think that perhaps shows you didn't really use your membership to it's full potential. The discounts I've got on oils (Thanks Don!) and entry into Club shows have more than paid for it. Not to mention the many great friends we've made through the Club (Who else has had over 1,000bhp at their wedding!:iloveyou: )

I know you disagree with the principle, but the fact remains that running the club isn't zero-cost... Check out the accounts thread! And I must also point out that the MLR, the Toyota Imports forum and no doubt many other Owner Clubs have a similar Membership Fee system in place. In fact, most clubs do! I really don't see what the issue is? It's only £20!

WildCards
15-04-2006, 11:09 PM
if you didn't get your moneys worth Sulli, then frankly you weren't trying hard enought mate. I've only had a VR4 for 2 months ish, and i've already saved 5 or 6 times that amount through being part of the club. It's not just what is in the members area that you are paying for. It's also the satisfaction in knowing that other members will go out of their way to help you where possible if you need it. It's getting cheaper parts because someone doesn't want it nymore and it's easier than listing it on fleabay. It's having some where to ask daft and silly questions about your car with minimal chastising and an accurate response within a 24 hours usually.

Find another club, that for £20 you can get all we offer. You won't - i've looked.

bradc
16-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm with Kieran and Steve on this one, I think it is definately worth it, and I still don't understand why we get away with NZ$20, compared to £20, I think I'll pay NZ$60 in May, not only is it worth it but I also like the idea of feeling that I've contributed to the club which is a great place for sharing information.

mpau009
16-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I think I'll pay NZ$60 in May, not only is it worth it but I also like the idea of feeling that I've contributed to the club which is a great place for sharing information.

://shakes head

:stop: /duh brad!/pan /pan sshhhhh. Honestly. Don't spoil a good thing:party3: I think if you want info for free, go for it. The amount of time you save, as well as being able to have confidence in the advice is worth it for me. (im not paying $60 tho..:thinking: ) if you think about what the club has done for you, then you can make your own call, but i must have saved the fee 10 times over.

Thanks guys.

You See
16-04-2006, 02:00 AM
Nice one Brad...I'm sure everyone's impressed with you comment! It's not like many of us aren't struggling enough as it is! /pan

bradc
16-04-2006, 03:03 AM
I will ignore that comment from mr two trips to aussie this year :)

I think I contribute to 50% of the traffic to this website from NZ, so I might as well help pay for it :)

Sulli
16-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I take your point(s) - I can get cheaper oil/parts myself than I saw on here, but others may not be able to, and club meets aint really my cup of tea - too busy - again, others probably like all that stuff. Can't access that accounts thread by the way :(

WildCards
16-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Can't access that accounts thread by the way :(

Pay your money then /haz

Kieran
16-04-2006, 10:59 PM
.... I can get cheaper oil/parts myself

For sure.... But will it be Amsoil?..... I think not ;)

Spirit
18-04-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm not going to add anymore than Kieran etc have already said, but there is also insurance discounts too don't forget.

Anyhow, each to their own and I guess you won't be renewing Sulli ? /haz