PDA

View Full Version : Brake Noise

ANTHONY
13-04-2006, 08:59 PM
i'v just fitted new discs and EBC green stuff pads around, they work great and an improvment from what i had. the problem is they are so noisy i can understand them being noisy as the bed in coz ebc put a beddiing in coat on them, but i have done over 400 miles and still the squeal. i'v tryed spraying brake cleaner on them which works for a short time. i'v just emailed EBC to see what they have to say............. any ideas

stevec205gti
13-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Have you put plenty of copper grease on the back of the pad where it comes into contact with the caliper and piston? I notice on my EBC pads that they come with an anti-squeal sticky thing to put on instead of grease - did yours and did you fit it?

ANTHONY
13-04-2006, 09:30 PM
they were fitted by the garage where my son works i'll have to have a look. but good point cheers

jerryd_33
13-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi M8,
Have you got standard brakes or up rated ie brembo or other brakes?

I had same problem wit mine. Changed pads for " OMP " pads and
result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I have Brembo calipers on the front from a EVO6.
Got them off ebay the pads.

ghanda
14-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Having just had my Brembos completely re-furbished (Bead-plasted, re-painted, all pistons, seals, nuts and bolts replaced), I'm running DS2500 pads and Black Diamond discs, I had a terrible squeal too. The main improvement was changing the strike plates to a set made by AS Performance which hold hte pad tighter - it worked for a while, but then returned - hence the re-build, The sticky pads may solve your problem though.

Physician
14-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Agree with Steve ........ I had same issues until a mechanic plastered them with copper grease.

ANTHONY
14-04-2006, 11:24 AM
cheers all i'll try the copper grease

ANTHONY
17-04-2006, 12:17 PM
just a thought i was looking on the camskill site and found this:

(Cera Tec is TEXTAR and PAGID’s latest non-metal lifelong lubrication for repairing disc and drum brakes. Cera Tec is designed to replace metal and copper pastes which act as conductors and are therefore not suitable for use in anti-lock braking systems. Cera Tec contains no solids, reduces all forms of squealing and can be used as a lubricant for compressors, axle bearings, chains, seat rails, sunroof guides and battery terminals). i may order a tube.

jerryd_33
18-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi M8, look on ebay for OMP ( make ) brake pads.
OMP do make a set for the V6 SPORT and if you r
lucky you should find a set for the whole car ( front
and rear).
Although mine is the VR4 just changing the front
pads to OMP has made a big difference.
Check theompwarehouse on ebay or mail
them on sales@106parts.com.