PDA

View Full Version : Sad news..

BraindG
10-10-2003, 08:31 PM
looks like ill not be down south in my vr4..
I had the AA round tonight to check the car.. we tried to bump it.. and nothing happened - i mean nothing.. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

if its flooded then i have one last hope.. im going to remove all the spark plugs.. and disconnect the battery.. then leave it over night - hopefully any petrol will evaporate..then ill put it all back together again in the morning and see what happens.

but i doubt this will do anything..

pissed off is an understatement..

Spirit
10-10-2003, 08:35 PM
We are both gutted aswell mate :Cry1:

We will try and make the weekend as fun as possible for you still mate

BraindG
10-10-2003, 08:36 PM
2003 has been a bit of a disaster for me..
bottoms up to 2004!.. thats what i say..

Brind
10-10-2003, 08:39 PM
That's bad news mate.
See what happens tomorrow... did the AA bloke have any ideas? what did he check.. anything?

Try disconnecting the plug to your air flow meter, cleaning the pins and reinserting it, if that isn't working properly then the car won't start.
Try doing the same with all the plugs you can see and get at, the car sitting in the garage and possibly getting contaminated with oil and grime may have made the terminals dirty, if that is the case then a simple clean could be the answer to everything!!! shouldn't take long.
Use a needle file, white spirit or WD40 and give them a good clean.
Nothing to lose.

BraindG
10-10-2003, 08:54 PM
yeah - /sighs.. i suppose :Cry1:

Brind
10-10-2003, 09:01 PM
It is quite a high possibility, I've owned a couple of Fords, they have a serious problem with corroded connections.
The main issue with Fords is that they tend to use one wire and run too many things off it, rather than spending a little extra and give certain circuits their own cable.. so if you have a problem with your lights your fuel pump doesn't stop working as well.. silly things like that.
Many a time I've cleaned the connectors for the rear lights because instead of just an indicator light flashing the whole cluster ends of flashing too.

You'd be surprised how much trouble a corroded connection could cause and the endless searching it can entail.