PDA

View Full Version : juddering

matt mowbray
17-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Had My Vr4 For About A Month. More Than Happy With The Performance And Handling. Had It Serviced 300 Miles Ago Now It Has The 4th Gear Judder. Could It Be The Wrong Oil ? If Not The Oil Will Serious Damage Occur If I Drive Round The Problem. Eg Manually Shift To Avoid The Gear/speed Combination

konman
17-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Hey, does it happen on light throttle going up a slight hill? if it does then its the torque converter not locking or locking and unlocking, cant remember which. mine had this quite badly when i bought it, but had the convertor etc flushed a couple of time and havent had it back for two years. if that doesnt fix it ive got no idea ;):pimp2:

jervis
17-04-2006, 06:23 AM
same deal here. had quite a bad vibration going on when I bought the car, but only at certain points of acceleration. Trans flush fixed it, good as new :scholar:

richy rich
17-04-2006, 08:51 AM
yes full flush and the right atf will fix it

Kieran
17-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Yep. Do a search on 'Shudder' for more information.:2thumbsup

matt mowbray
17-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks For Info. Fluid Change On The Way. Whats The Best Stuff To Use, And Where Do I Fill It. How Much Will I Need

richy rich
17-04-2006, 11:02 AM
if you join the club only£20 you can get a full rundown on how it is done

the best is amsoil atf do a search dicount for members

don will help you out user name amsoil

and we (wrd motor sport) can do this for look below

amsoil
17-04-2006, 02:05 PM
:2thumbsup Matt get the chaps above to do it if you are anything approaching a reasonable distance from them. They are silly cheap at the moment as they are starting up and always have good feedback. You will need 10 L of Amsoil ATF or Mitzy's own if you can find it. There is nothing else available to the correct spec that I am aware of. We are talking about not just an oil change but the pumping out of a very considerable amount of fluid from converter, oil pipes and cooler to ensure that you have the best and cleanest fluid throughout the system. Kieran did an excellent article on the procedure have a look then realise why I say give it to WRD:2thumbsup

richy rich
17-04-2006, 05:15 PM
:2thumbsup don