PDA

View Full Version : Oops, what was that crunch

Darren
11-10-2003, 05:50 PM
I've just sqiuished my rear bumper into one of those removable posts that some car parks have :Cry1: The damage isn't bad but my rear fog is history. The funny thing is, it was the only one in the car park that was up and they are impossible to see when reversing. You'll be pleased to hear that the VR-4 kicked the posts ass and almost ripped it off its mooring. :p

Does anyone know how to get creases out of platic bumbers? whould heating it work?

Brind
11-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Ah,.. no.. mate.:rolleyes: I'm beginning to think these cars are bloody cursed!
I take it, it has damaged the paint? the touch up paint from Mitsubishi is quite good if you want to just mask it for a while, although no real good if it has done too much damage.

Dunno if you can push it out from the inside? by removing the bumper and forcing it back, won't go back properly I wouldn't have thought though.
Perhaps with time and effort you may get it to look reasonable.
Good luck with it.:)

Darren
12-10-2003, 12:16 PM
I think you are right, there's been a rash of incidents lately. Mine was all my fault though, so I can at least smile about having a small dent.

I could have had a mans accident by hurtling round a country road bend at X mph, losing control INSERT INTO post VALUES (I mean traction :P) slamming though a farmers 300 year old hedge and twatting his prize bull thus writing off the car and the bull and the hedge and waking up to a shotgun in the face and farmer palmer screaming "you 'urt moy bull".

Kieran
13-10-2003, 06:41 PM
:biglaugh: :lolz:

Given what angry farmers can be like, I'd say you should be content with the supermarket prang!!:D:D

-LegnumVR4-
13-10-2003, 07:41 PM
You can heat the bumper up and it mould back into it's normal shape, plastic has a memory so it returns to how it was. Bumper repair guys just heat them with a heat gun. Careful not to heat one spot too much, just wave the gun over top of the damaged area until the damage is gone.

Darren
14-10-2003, 07:23 AM
Cool, that's what I thought. I'm going to get a quote for repair and if they try to gouge me eyes out, I'll do it my self. Anyone know where I can get some Trigger Mauve spray cans ? :D