PDA

View Full Version : alarm question.

glover
18-04-2006, 04:27 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b213/yeovilsteve/100_1315.jpg

my alarm fob bears no resemblance to either fob in the owners manual. The guy i bought the car off said just to use the bigger button to lock/unlock the doors (which it does) and this will also set the alarm. But my question is what does the other button do?. If i press it the indicators flash and it goes beep?.

Ive got the other sets of keys with the weird little pen things attached I presume these are to disable the immbilisor if you loose the remote.

WildCards
18-04-2006, 04:30 PM
This is the Cobra alarm that all spishi's (AFAIK) come with. Mine is identical. again, AFAIK the smaller button arms the immobiliser only, whereas the bigger button does alarm & immobiliser.

Paul Beazer
18-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Steve is right, std mitsi (cobra) alarm fob.

Big button locks/unlocks car and arms/disarms alarm. Small button disables the internal sensors, so you can leave windows open or animals or small children in the car with out setting the alarm off.
If the alarm goes off, the large button resets the alarm.

Nick Mann
18-04-2006, 05:55 PM
The small button acts as a panic button too. The small beep you hear is the alarm telling you that internal security is switched off. (Current sensing and immobiliser are still functional.)

I-S
19-04-2006, 11:06 AM
You can also turn the internal sensors off by pressing the big button three times (lock, unlock, lock) without opening the doors in between times. The system will also beep if one of the doors is not properly shut.