PDA

View Full Version : Evo brakes - help!

mike
11-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Right - got the Evo 6 brembo calipers, got some new discs, sat down in the sun today to fit everything, and all was going smoothly INSERT INTO post VALUES (too smoothly) and then bugger! The calipers wont bolt up!

The bolting positions on the brembo caliper is different to the carrier/old calipers! Anyone had this problem? or have I been sold some non-evo calipers?!

So now - no big brakes to show off at the pod tomorrow! Boo hoo!

Mike.

Roadrunner
11-10-2003, 09:29 PM
What year is your VR-4? I fitted Brembos to my late '98 car with no problem on the fronts other than having to remove the disc backplate. Bolt mounting points were identical.

mike
12-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Right, my car is a '97. Can someone with either a set of brembo's lying around INSERT INTO post VALUES (yeah right!) or their OE front calipers that they've replaced, measure the distance between the centres of the mounting holes.

Or, H.7 you could crawl under your car and get the measurement... :D

That way I can work out if I've got a different hub carrier or if someone has sold be some calipers labelled as Evo 6 INSERT INTO post VALUES (gits!).

Anyone want some Brembos?

Mike

MTB
13-10-2003, 06:58 AM
have just upgraded my brakes to brembo kit from evo.7. INSERT INTO post VALUES (mine is a 96 legnum) if yours is a 97-make, then it is the problem of the knuckle arm. brembo calipers from evo.5-7 are direct fit on facelifted vr-4 INSERT INTO post VALUES (98+). but for early 8gs you have to replace the existing knuckle arms from the facelifted model. after this the calipers would fit alright! :D

mike
13-10-2003, 02:16 PM
OK MTB, sounds like thats the answer to my problem! Why is life never simple?!

What actually needs replacing? and is it a straight swap? Any chance of posting a pic of what you took off? Also where did you get the ones you put on from - i.e. can they be sourced from any late model 8G?

Cheers for the help...
Mike

MTB
15-10-2003, 09:55 AM
yes it is a straight swap! have taken a pic of what i have taken off from the car. this is the front of the left knuckle arm. the pair from facelifted galants should fit alright. i bought mine thru the local dealer and it is a direct fit onto the body and the caliper direct fit onto the knuckle arm!
:D

MTB
15-10-2003, 09:56 AM
front of the left knuckle arm:

MTB
15-10-2003, 09:57 AM
rear of the left knuckle arm: