PDA

View Full Version : B Service - be precise in what u ask for

Robotnik123
19-04-2006, 10:23 AM
So I went to Kirk Motors Mitsubishi in Wellington this morning, for a service. I booked it in over the phone for a "B" Service. They did indeed have a "B" service. They also had a "C" and "D" service.

I thought a "B" service would be as per KiwiTT's service schedule from the club library, but it was not the case. The "B" service actually stood for a Basic service and did not include AYC fluid replacement for instance. "C" and "D" services were not the same either. They did not have an "A" service at all. Now that I think about it, maybe I should have asked for a "B" service for a VR-4? I almost did not get the AYC fluid replacement I wanted.

Anyway, I had a print out of KiwiTT's spreadsheet and I just told them to do all the stuff for a "B" service, as per the spreadsheet. That cost me $451. This included a WOF check and the replacement of two fused bulbs, so the service itself would have been under NZ$400.

Is Wellington different, or do I need to specify a VR-4 service next time? I thought they'd know what to do, but apparently not.

bradc
19-04-2006, 10:34 AM
When I go into Mitsi in Newmarket they have the exact thing as KiwiTT has posted up, and they always do exactly as I ask, including fully flushing the trans oil every 9-1000km as well. Under 400 is ok, I just don't think they knew what you were actually asking them. Take the sheet down to them everytime, and make sure you know what you are getting :)

Robotnik123
19-04-2006, 11:32 AM
When I go into Mitsi in Newmarket they have the exact thing as KiwiTT has posted up, and they always do exactly as I ask, including fully flushing the trans oil every 9-1000km as well. Under 400 is ok, I just don't think they knew what you were actually asking them. Take the sheet down to them everytime, and make sure you know what you are getting :)

This is Andrew Simms Mitsi isn't it?

In November last year I bought my Legnum off trademe from a guy in Auckland. I flew up to get it. The car was a fresh import and I bought it off one of those backyard dealers.

Anyway, the big under body engine splash cover had been removed by the compliance people and had not been refitted. The cover was in the boot. The backyard dealer told to me to get it refitted and bill him.

I had it refitted at Andrew Simms. They charged me $87.75 to refit it. $40.50+GST for 10 JCMB547806 clips and $37.50+GST for a technician fee.

Both myself and the seller were shocked by that bill.

Incidentally, last month I ripped the same cover in half going over a pot hole. I got a replacement cover from a wrecker for $50 and fitted it myself with some nuts and bolts from the Warehouse (cost of nuts and bolts - under $5).

I realise it might have been a similar bill from any Mitsi dealer anywhere in the country, but I just thought I'd relate my story! :happy:

bradc
19-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Yes it is, those guys are normally quite good. They are expensive, but of course any mitsi dealer will be. On my VR-4 it was in the glovebox, I put it on myself with large screws and washers to make sure it will never fall off again :)

My B service was around $300 from there, I think I mentioned that in another thread last week.

i3ooyah
19-04-2006, 12:01 PM

has newmarket fixed the drive up into the parking area?

bradc
19-04-2006, 12:10 PM
yes they have, it was fixed about 2 months ago. I could drive my car in there even on the worst day, mine is fairly low too.

KiwiTT
19-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Auckland Motors seem to know the difference between "A" "B" "C" and "D" service.

I will get a "B" service done in August. I just had an "A" service this week. I got a "C" service last August. Luckily I am still 2 years away from a "D" service.

I am convinced servicing a car is better than buying a another car. It is always cheaper.

If you go to a dealer for the first time, make sure they know everything they need to do for a VR-4 and bring my spreadsheet with you to make sure. The VR-4 needs to be looked after like the 300hp supercar it is.