PDA

View Full Version : it's a bit quiet

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 08:14 PM
it's a bit quiet on here today ??? what's up ?? has everyone gone out or something ??:D :D

Brind
12-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Hello mate, you back already? :)

Good drive back?
Wasn't too bad for us, the roads were very busy but at least it was moving most of the time.

Nice to meet you anyway. :)

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 08:24 PM
good to meet you also Mark. just 3 stops & 2 litres of ATF, & we made it back !! 2.5 hrs to drive 105 miles !:nono: not the traffic, just nursing the car !! :Cry1: :Cry1:

Brind
12-10-2003, 08:29 PM
Ah..:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( that's crazy. :rolleyes:
Glad you got back okay anyway. :)

Did you say when you were going to take it back to Mitsubishi?

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 08:41 PM
ASAP !! but I think there is a deeper problem than just a leak. & it may not be just the gearbox sump. when it's cold it doesn't leak, when it idles [ warm ] ite doesn't leak. when I'm careful, it does'nt leak. [ much ] BUT........... when I use the car properly, It just sprays the underside & the rear with ATF !!:D I'm wondering if that under moderate or hard acceleration , the gap between the engine & box is widening ?? :Ponder: it may sound daft , but I have heard of this problem before . when I accelerated hard this morning, both Nigel & Keiran said they saw smoke from the underside of the car, & not the exhaust. :Ponder: :Ponder:

Brind
12-10-2003, 08:47 PM
Hmmm. :Ponder:
Does the gearbox actually feel different? I mean, is it as smooth as it was. Can you tell there is something wrong apart from the visual signs?

Hopefully Mitsubishi will sort it out for you.

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 09:03 PM
full of oil, the box is fine. low, then it has a mind of its own ! when you put an auto into drive, the engine moves, only slightly , but it moves either forward, or backward, depending on engine mountings etc. also when you select reverse, it move in the opposite direction. I had a toyota ages ago , & when put into drive, the engine cut out, but when put into reverse, it didnt !!:Ponder: the problem was the forward movement of the engine which opened up a hairline split in one of the main hoses. causing air to enter the system, & the engine to stall. I begining to think that under forward motion, the leak is accentuated. !!:Ponder: :Ponder: .............. just checked my drive , & there is no oil leaking from the box now ??? but it still took 2 litres to get home ??

Brind
12-10-2003, 09:15 PM
Oh right! sounds to be something very similer then.

As I said on another thread, most of our cars are cursed I'm sure.
Zedy didn't have a great deal of luck earlier on either. :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
Wonder if there was any joy.. Zedy?

zedy1
12-10-2003, 09:25 PM
no joy m8 seems like ill have to put me hands deep in my pocket again

Simon
12-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Home at last! C u all soon. longer messages tomorrow when im not knackered:)

lisa
12-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Interlec you are not alone....
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but it will get worse.

Reading what has happened, yours is the stage ours was at a few weeks ago....
Now when we do any kind of longish journey. i.e. over 20 miles then we look like we have just arrived out of the set of 'Back to the Future' loads of smoke etc...

but we dropped ours off tonight and we should have it back in a few days all being well - Not with Mitsubishi !

Good luck and just remember we share your pain :)

P.S. Mitsi wanted to charge minimum £950 for this job !

BraindG
13-10-2003, 12:20 AM
this calls for a group :grouphug:

PUDD
13-10-2003, 11:06 AM
:clap: :grouphug: :bighug: :thumb1:
thanx all,had a brilliant time.Gr8 to meet new peeps.
hope all got back safely
chat l8r
take care all
im still bloody knackered lol:zzzz: :sleep: