PDA

View Full Version : Was that you Brind?

Nick Mann
12-10-2003, 08:32 PM
I arrived v. late today, and as I was finding my way to the club, I think you were one of the two VR-4's leaving. The wheels looked right anyway!

Just missed you.

Will have to put a face to the name another time.

Are you thinking of going to the I.O.M. next year?

Brind
12-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Umm.. are you the one who was playing chicken with me through the crowd of people? if so then yep that was me. :D
Don't recall another VR-4 leaving though..

I.O.M.? Most likely, been to all the others I can't stop now. :cool:

Nick Mann
12-10-2003, 08:58 PM
That was me :D

Thought there was another behind you?

It was good to meet some people that I know a bit about, but the best had to be Kieran the GLS owner who knows the VR-4 so intimately! I think I found out more from him than anyone else!

Brind
12-10-2003, 09:09 PM
May have been, but pehaps they got lost in the crowd of Zombies.
Didn't want to leave too late as the place wasn't organised very well and we had visions of waiting hours to get out.

Kieran does appear to be a very nice guy, especially the speech he made when presenting Barry with the prezzie and card plus the idea! :cool:

Nick Mann
12-10-2003, 09:13 PM
Didn't hear about that? What was the prize for?

It wasn't too bad getting out. Once back to the roads most people were enjoying heavy right foot syndrome. :D

Not me, though as I am still getting used to the car, honest guv. :rolleyes:

I was behind Amesh for a while, and he was enjoying the HRF syndrome more than most!

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 09:15 PM
If I see Keiran polishing his car one more time, I' scream !! I'm sure I saw the primer coming through !!:D :D

Brind
12-10-2003, 09:22 PM
We all gave Barry a few quid as an appreciation for the site and the effort he has put in, plus as a helper to get his car mobile again. :)

Amesh? was he the guy I gave a jump start too? :D it was all happening today I tell ya!! :D
It started out well, loads of us were in convoy when the the ones in front got a bit carried away and left a load of us behind.. needless to say we got kinda lost for a minute, good job Simon sorted us out in the end. :cool: quite amusing really.

Had to stop myself from HRF as I barely had a quarter of a tank of fuel :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

LOL @ Kieran polishing his car, didn't get to see that as I spent my day stuck in line to run the 1/4.

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 09:32 PM
so much for the convoy from the ibis to the pod !!:D 120 mph just to try & keep up with whoever was supposed to be leading the way . :D :D half of us got lost, but had a nice tour of the local scenery !!:D I blame Richie Elliot !!:D steady 80 mph in convoy, when he came flying past me like a man possesed. :D :D :D [ anyone can drive fast in a staight line ] :D :D

Nick Mann
12-10-2003, 09:40 PM
QUOTE]Amesh? was he the guy I gave a jump start too?[/QUOTE]
Could well be, he said his battery had gone flat earlier.

I didn't see Kieran polishing, but his car was impressively shiny!

Sorry I missed the early part of the day, I'll have to put more effort in next time. I don't think my misses would have been particularly impressed with 120 though! She is still telling me I should get used to the car before I kill us both!

Brind
12-10-2003, 09:41 PM
I blame Simon as all of the ones who got lost were all behind him! :D good laugh though and he sorted us out.

Got lost in Pod aswell! :rolleyes: directions were ****e!!! and dumbarse writing this didn't display the club ticket so got directed to the normal carpark, luckily drove across country for a bit and came out the otherside and joined the proper line again, Lomy was following me then, so he had a nice detour courtesy from me. :D :D

SGHOM
12-10-2003, 09:47 PM
you gotta admit, it was nice to see 19 VR4's all lined up at the side of the raceway. !!:D when we eventually got there !!

Brind
12-10-2003, 09:51 PM
Gotta agree, it was a superb turnout. :cool:

lisa
12-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Thanks a lot mates !!!!!

oh how I laughed whilst I tried to catch up with you all in a 1.4 Polo !

BraindG
13-10-2003, 12:10 AM
yup.. was all simons fault.. we were all just following him... never mind simon...

PUDD
13-10-2003, 11:13 AM
I arrived v. late today, and as I was finding my way to the club, I think you were one of the two VR-4's leaving. The wheels looked right anyway!

Think the other might have been me Nick in my metallic blue ST Legnum.:D
lovely VR-4 u have got urself there
;) YOU LUCKY sod lol:p

Nick VR4
13-10-2003, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you had fun

I hope no ones gets a letter throught the post from the local plod for speeding
There pretty sneaky round here for hiding in bushes with a radar gun :nono:

LOMY
13-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Interlec said:

so much for the convoy from the ibis to the pod !!

I have to admit, i was one of the 4 front-runners :Eyecrazy: . To be honest, i thought that warpdrive run to the pod from the IBIS was one of the highlights of a great day. Might be nice to let everyone get out of the car park first next time though then they are in with a chance of joining in. Its good fun driving together. Maybe we will get the chance of a longer group run on the way to the Isle of Man.

By the way Barry, will there be a chance to do a no limit lap of the island on the weekend we will be there ?

Simon
13-10-2003, 05:56 PM
I did it for Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon
13-10-2003, 05:58 PM
P.S You lot weren't following me..........i was just in front!!!!!!;)

Kieran
13-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Nick Mann
...the best had to be Kieran the GLS owner who knows the VR-4 so intimately! I think I found out more from him than anyone else!

Originally posted by Brind
Kieran does appear to be a very nice guy, especially the speech he made when presenting Barry with the prezzie and card plus the idea!

Awww, Shucks guys:o :) That's really kind of you to say! I'm all emotional now!:Cry1: :D

Yep! I take my car related stuff very seriously! Especially the polishing bit!! It's a shame I didn't take a shot of my GLS when I bought it! You'd appreciate why I take such care of it now!

Nick Mann
13-10-2003, 08:07 PM
lovely VR-4 u have got urself there

Cheers, Pudd!

Still learning what she'll do. Only had three lights on the AYC once so far - don't really know how, because now I am getting huge amounts of tyre squeel and only two! :D

I really must learn to drive it smoothly soon! :D :D :D

Brind
13-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Nick Mann

Still learning what she'll do. Only had three lights on the AYC once so far - don't really know how, because now I am getting huge amounts of tyre squeel and only two! :D

I've had three, but to get that I seriously put my foot down when taking a pretty tight corner, a corner that wouldn't hint one driving around at normal speed, so it's quite easy.

I've had 2 when going around a roundabout at 60mph with tyres squealing, 3 up and I think my bowels would wake up!!

Nick Mann
13-10-2003, 10:09 PM
So the challenge is a combo of speed and lights then......

Hmmmm..........

:D :D :D

Spirit
13-10-2003, 10:33 PM
/bows his head in shame!

It was me who missed the turning at the front - sorry guys!

Was a nice detour though ! Pics up soon !