PDA

View Full Version : UK Headlights...

ghanda
20-04-2006, 08:52 PM
...kind of finish off the front end ;)

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=476

More piccies posted in the Gallery. Winter wheels off and Custom Enkei's on next week :afro:

bradc
20-04-2006, 08:57 PM
looks good. did you consider using the jdm lights and removing the yellow part from the indicator? I'm looking forward to pics of the enkei's

scc
20-04-2006, 09:27 PM
you missing a flared wheel arch?

Cheers,
scc

WildCards
20-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Ghanda added the facelift bumper to his pre-facelift car., Hence no wheels arch extensions.

ghanda
20-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Hi Brad - The difference is much more than that - the glass lenses are so much more clearer:
From this:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=101

to this:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=477

All four indicators also replaced with LED clusters to complertelt get rid of the Orange. The light throw from the HIDs now is spectacular!

bradc
20-04-2006, 11:11 PM
ahh ok cool. What are the little lights doing behind the grill? do they flash red and blue? :D

ghanda
20-04-2006, 11:59 PM
LOL.....maybe ;)

Kenneth
21-04-2006, 12:18 AM
laser jammers?

scc
21-04-2006, 01:18 AM
The car looks menacingly low. Is that the standard vr4 ride height?

Cheers,
scc

ghanda
21-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Tein lowering springs from Camskills.

SROL
21-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Looks really good. I wish those style lights came on ours in the states. We have crappy chrome housing with only one projector :(

On a side note: Are your rotors on backwards? I thought the slots/holes were suposed to "flow" the opposite direction...

bernmc
21-04-2006, 07:54 PM
On a side note: Are your rotors on backwards? I thought the slots/holes were suposed to "flow" the opposite direction...

Look right to me - hope so 'cos that's how I've fitted my wife's.... :o

So giddy ghanda, apart from the look of the thing, are you saying that the light is better too? Where did you get the new units from?

Kieran
21-04-2006, 08:07 PM

Interesting point. It seems that some manufacturers over here recommend differently.... EBC recommend to install the discs (rotors) as Ghanda has. However the instructions on my Rossini discs say to fit so that the groves flow backwards, as you suggest. They're even labeled to this effect!

ghanda
21-04-2006, 08:09 PM
The light throw (bear in mind I'm running 8500K HIDs) is simply awesome in comparision to the JDM units - bear in mind the JDM units will be plastic so prone to some dulling, regardless of how good nick they're in, whereas the Euro-spec units are glass.

I was lucky and got a set off ebay...that disn't sell(!)....with indicators....brand new.....for £46 the lot!!!

(OK shoot me now :) )

ghanda
21-04-2006, 08:11 PM
With regards to the rotors: One way will give you marginally better braking but with more noise (or so I've heard) ....and the other way is how Black Diamond reccomended

bernmc
21-04-2006, 08:22 PM
My wife's car has BD's as well. AFIK, the rotors are supposed to draw air in through the centre, and throw it out the edges by centrifugal force...

scc
21-04-2006, 08:48 PM
The light throw (bear in mind I'm running 8500K HIDs) is simply awesome in comparision to the JDM units - bear in mind the JDM units will be plastic so prone to some dulling, regardless of how good nick they're in, whereas the Euro-spec units are glass.

I was lucky and got a set off ebay...that disn't sell(!)....with indicators....brand new.....for £46 the lot!!!

(OK shoot me now :) )
I'm running 6000K, but I'm now not so convinced that they are actually better than standard halogens. Certainly it is 'brighter' but the visibility is still better with halogens because of the colour. 8500K could be too blue, looks cool, but not great colour for visibility in contrast with the dark IMHO.

Have you tried 8500K in the fog? I'm pretty sure it is hard to see then...

Cheers,
scc

ghanda
21-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Good point - and not yet. Strangely, they're only blue in daylight - at night they're absolutely white. Not only is the spread better but they are considerably brighter - I'll try and get some footage over the weekend

cheese
28-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi Ghanda,

I have seen the car first hand and I was very impressed. The UK light units do make a massive improvement, as the plastic ones always look dirty, yet the glass ones are really clear, I don't think the photos really do it justice. And the car's party piece is really cooool!!!!!

All in all Ghanda, you have a very impressive car, keep up the good work!!!! :2thumbsup

pezza
28-04-2006, 03:03 PM
They do make a huge difference... even the sidelights (esp if LED) lights are so clear and bright..

When the car is washed it looks like there is no glass lense cover..

Bring on the HIDs (eventually) :afro:

pezza
05-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Hmm Had a quick quiestion Ghanda...

Did your UK lights come with the electronic adjustment? Did you wire this up or have the in car adjustment gizmos for it?

My headlamps are from UK V6 but I have misplaced / or maybe did not rip out the gubbins I needed :thinking: AT moment the lights are angled down... /pan

frankmb
05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Hmm Had a quick quiestion Ghanda...

Did your UK lights come with the electronic adjustment? Did you wire this up or have the in car adjustment gizmos for it?

My headlamps are from UK V6 but I have misplaced / or maybe did not rip out the gubbins I needed :thinking: AT moment the lights are angled down... /pan

You can use the adjustment screws in the back to manually adjust the beam. Not that hard. Just need a level surface and a wall.

pezza
05-05-2006, 03:43 PM
You can use the adjustment screws in the back to manually adjust the beam. Not that hard. Just need a level surface and a wall.

Yup have seen the screws and need to adjust as it was advised at last checkup..
but in estate with heavy loading now and then just becomes a bit of a pain without interior adjustment...

I need to think about components needed to make /retrofit internal controls... /yes