PDA

View Full Version : RT4 anyone ??

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:00 PM
I think It's best left until next year. after all... we dont really need two fantastic holidays in one year do we ?? :inquisiti

I mean....... who on earth would want to go again this autumn ?? :evilgrin: :happy:

DATES NOW AGREED AS LEAVING THURS 29TH JUNE or FRIDAY 30TH JUNE & RETURNING MONDAY 3RD JULY 2006

/starts list ;

1] SGHOM - crossing booked/hotel booked
2] Simon & family - crossing booked/hotel booked
3] Jimbo - crossing booked
4] HJM's - crossing booked/hotel booked
5] H7 - crossing booked/hotel Booked
6] Spirit & brother - crossing booked/hotel booked
7] the Vee & son - crossing booked/hotel booked
8] Braindg - crossing booked/hotel booked

HJM
21-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Mm, TBH, we are a bit bored with it and were thinking of a combined fishing and bird watching holiday on the Broads in the Autumn - but you have fun out there :2thumbsup

J :evilgrin:

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Mm, TBH, we are a bit bored with it and were thinking of a combined fishing and bird watching holiday on the Broads in the Autumn - but you have fun out there :2thumbsup

J :evilgrin:
the only people likely to get bored at the ring are twitchers !! /pan /pan

for everyone else... It's motoring heaven. :2thumbsup :happy: :happy:

WildCards
21-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Would love to come, but not this year. Not got the lolly i'm afraid. Maybe RT 5

WildCards
21-04-2006, 11:11 PM
i've had a twitchy ring lately...

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:15 PM
i've had a twitchy ring lately...

the ring took my virginity this year. /help & It never felt better !! :evilgrin:

HJM
21-04-2006, 11:17 PM
If anyone was thinking of another trip this year, there is a weekend like RT2, where the road is open on Friday afternoon, all weekend and the Monday afternoon (30th June to 3rd July to be precise).

Obviously, I am not condoning this sort of behaviour, I am just saying if.......................

J /pan

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Mrs Martin !! how dare you ?? /pan /pan

who on earth would want to go back so soon after RT3 ?? /help

THB... the place.. people... hotels.. track.. etc, is so fantastic, I wanna go......... NOW !! /help

BraindG
21-04-2006, 11:22 PM
dont spoil a good thing :)

Kieran
21-04-2006, 11:24 PM
I've just logged into MSN, and Derek's on at me already!/help

BraindG
21-04-2006, 11:25 PM
alt+F4 :inquisiti

Kieran
21-04-2006, 11:25 PM
/haz

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:26 PM
no I'm not ?? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:31 PM
mmm ?? 12 reply's in 25 mins ?

some of you are keen ? :2thumbsup

Kieran
21-04-2006, 11:44 PM
/wall

SGHOM
21-04-2006, 11:50 PM
It's either a week in benidorm, sat on a beach doing fcuk all...... or at W/E at the ring ??
I know which I'd prefere :2thumbsup

Brunty
22-04-2006, 12:56 AM
£7.34 in loose change and an empty fuel tank........I've got a long, long way to go before I can get out to the Ring.

Spirit
22-04-2006, 01:22 AM
If you ain't seen it yet then look here (may tempt you even more): http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15619

BraindG
22-04-2006, 08:40 AM
If you ain't seen it yet then look here (may tempt you even more): http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15619
You evil man! :D

The Vee
22-04-2006, 09:31 AM
It's either a week in benidorm, sat on a beach doing fcuk all...... or at W/E at the ring ??
I know which I'd prefere :2thumbsup

Benidorm of course

Spirit
22-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Benidorm of course

BURN HIM ! /Nuuu

Roadrunner
22-04-2006, 03:05 PM
RT4 anyone ??

/starts list ;

1] SGHOM
Oh, I could be tempted ... :)

SGHOM
22-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, I could be tempted ... :)

you know it makes sense Brian ! :2thumbsup
I'd be up for a RT3.5 this year, then maybe RT4 next ? :thinking:
I think a minimun of 4 cars, & 8 people, & It could be on ! [ oh..... & £1000 ] /help

HJM
22-04-2006, 10:32 PM
you know it makes sense Brian ! :2thumbsup
I'd be up for a RT3.5 this year, then maybe RT4 next ? :thinking:
I think a minimun of 4 cars, & 8 people, & It could be on ! [ oh..... & £1000 ] /help

Err, sorry guys but as one of the main instigators of 'RT1', there is no minimum, there are no people requirements - if any of 'RT1' go - it's RT4!!!!!

J :inquisiti

Jimbo
23-04-2006, 12:33 AM
Ahhh, I was sorely tempted to post the RT4 thread the other day, but was scared of being lynched!!

Well.....seeing as though the threads up and running now then I guess it would be rude not to add my name to the list!

I know Simon is thinking of going this summer, and after a discussion today, Heath and Jane say they'll DEFINITELY be going as well ;) (...actually there might have been a NOT in there at somepoint, but I blanked it out :zzz: )

I can't afford it.....but then that's never seemed to stop me before. /help

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 12:49 AM
so..... Is that a defiantly no, or a definitely maybe ?? :5shots:

Jimbo
23-04-2006, 01:06 AM
I'm nuts, I'm in !

Heath and Jane will be in as well........or maybe not......or maybe they will........or maybe not......does anybody want to make a wager?

The Vee
23-04-2006, 01:49 AM
Oh shut up you lot, I'm trying to ignore this thread(not very well though)/pan /pan /pan /pan /help /pan :zzz:

Spirit
23-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Stop it, I may have to delete this thread /help /pan /Grrr :inquisiti

Simon
23-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Thursday 29th June Channel Tunnel OUT £64 per car (time TBC, every 30mins)
Friday 30th June Track opens for evening. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Saturday 1st July Track opens all day. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Sunday 2nd July Track opens all day. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Monday 3rd July Channel Tunnel BACK £57 per car (time TBC)

This is only a suggestion, that MAY BE suitable for me and my restrictions (taking family to ensure that i dont get called back) and may not be suitable for others. Others may want to go. Others may want to go for longer or shorter. I have built in the Thursday for travelling as it'll take me 6 hrs and not 3 1/2hrs to drive from calais as family = 70mph cruising speed (not 120mph+) and feeding stops etc.

If others are interested in going this "Very Special" weekend (F1 Circuit!!!!!!) but want to travel on the friday (as track isnt opened until the evening) there is nothing to stop people travelling over at different times and meeting up for the Fri/Sat/Sun.

Im now keeping to one side while the fireworks on here set off. I am not responsible for any fallings out or divorces that may now occur due to the above:curtain:

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 09:42 AM
I think It's best left until next year. after all... we dont really need two fantastic holidays in one year do we ?? :inquisiti

Are you lot not listening ?? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

The Vee
23-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Are you lot not listening ?? :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Trouble is, if you go into a nice day dream, easy done on my part, and go back to the RT1, it is now next year/pan /pan :inquisiti

Anyway as mentioned earlier SHUT UP:iloveyou:

Spirit
23-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Coversation earlier went like this:

Pete: "Simon has posted up some dates for another trip"
Shaz:"When for"
Pete: "End of June beginning of July"
Shaz:"We'll we can't make it"
Pete:"No, but I can !"
Shaz:.............silence !

I am now in hiding and posting this from a secret bunker somewhere on Dartmoor /help

BraindG
23-04-2006, 05:05 PM
I am now in hiding and posting this from a secret bunker somewhere on Dartmoor /help

:happy: - shall we send supplies?

HJM
23-04-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm nuts, I'm in !

Heath and Jane will be in as well........or maybe not......or maybe they will........or maybe not......does anybody want to make a wager?

LOL - definitely one of those choices - just not sure which yet :inquisiti

PMSL @ Pete - were you feeling brave or stupid :speechles

J :happy:

Spirit
23-04-2006, 05:24 PM
PMSL @ Pete - were you feeling brave or stupid :speechles

Let's call it "testing the water".........and it was quite hot /help

Kieran
23-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Can I be the boring old fart? Thankyou. :p

Leave it for a while, and then let's do it again when everyone's got the cash to make a proper go of it. I would like to go, but this year is out I think, and To be honest, I'd rather go on a RT jaunt when I know that everyone else has set the money aside and doesn't care if it all goes. What I'm reading from this thread is that everyone is quite keen, but no-one knows how they're going to finance it yet..... Which says to me that if we did go, it'd be a 'budget' run and therefore not as enjoyable.

/Waits for flaming..../help

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 07:45 PM

you ARE a boring old fart ! :evil2: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :furious3: :furious3:

HJM
23-04-2006, 07:52 PM

Leave it for a while, and then let's do it again when everyone's got the cash to make a proper go of it. I would like to go, but this year is out I think, and To be honest, I'd rather go on a RT jaunt when I know that everyone else has set the money aside and doesn't care if it all goes. What I'm reading from this thread is that everyone is quite keen, but no-one knows how they're going to finance it yet..... Which says to me that if we did go, it'd be a 'budget' run and therefore not as enjoyable.

Sorry K but this is not your decision!! If we want to go, then go we will - if we waited till everyone was ready, it would have never happened in the first place, let alone the second and third and maybe fourth place!

Either join us, or don't, but rest assured - if we do go - we will have just as much fun as we have on the previous three :2thumbsup

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 08:07 PM
come as a passenger then Kieran ? :2thumbsup
there's a remote possibility that I'll take mine this time... if so;

fuel; nil
ferry/tunnel; negligible
accomodation; £25 per night max [ shared room ]
pax laps; nil
fodd & drink; up to you that one !! :5shots: :5shots: [ spag bol, for example e5.50. beer, e2.90 ]

how much cheaper do you want it ?? /help /pan /pan

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 08:14 PM
everyone is quite keen, but no-one knows how they're going to finance it yet.....

I'll work next saturday morning !! ..... sorted ! :scholar: :scholar: :2thumbsup :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :pimp2:

Spirit
23-04-2006, 08:27 PM
Kieran, just bung it on a credit card and worry about it later......life's too short !

Who knows what's around the corner. Maybe next year you won't have the VR4, or maybe they shut the Ring down for example........then there are several on here who will regret the opportunity of a lifetime.

Roadrunner
23-04-2006, 10:05 PM
I am definitely in ... :D

Spirit
23-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Great decision Brian :2thumbsup

Kieran
23-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Credit cards?! Blech! Used my one card once only!! Evil, evil things! Get thee behind me!/pan

Think I didn't make my point very well. I won't be going this year, whether one of you or a hundred go - All I was saying was that if people are thinking 'I'd love to go, but ain't sure how!' then maybe best to wait a bit?

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 10:35 PM
5 ringers so far !! :2thumbsup just a couple of the 'usual suspects' to comfirm ? :thinking: :happy: :happy:

g6acb
23-04-2006, 10:58 PM
I have been told in no uncertain terms that "under no circumstances am i even to think about the mearest possibilty of ever putting the car that I have to go to work in on a monday morning on the track at home or abroad!!!!"

after that outburst I thought it best not to mention to her that the 'ring is not a track - but a public toll road (you learn when to keep it shut!!!)

however I would be very intrested in a trip to the 'ring dependent on dates/work etc just for the experience , possible px action / photographer transport / support vehicle / passenger tranport kind of way

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 11:45 PM
you're more than welcome mate ! in any capacity :2thumbsup
shall I add you to the list ? :thinking:

g6acb
23-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Depends on what date you settle on......

ps according to CVR4 world map Kierans house is a 1/16th of an inch detour on the way down...... turns up the heat... LOL

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Thursday 29th June Channel Tunnel OUT £64 per car (time TBC, every 30mins)
Friday 30th June Track opens for evening. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Saturday 1st July Track opens all day. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Sunday 2nd July Track opens all day. Ring connected to F1 Circuit
Monday 3rd July Channel Tunnel BACK £57 per car (time TBC)

This is only a suggestion, that MAY BE suitable for me and my restrictions (taking family to ensure that i dont get called back) and may not be suitable for others. Others may want to go. Others may want to go for longer or shorter. I have built in the Thursday for travelling as it'll take me 6 hrs and not 3 1/2hrs to drive from calais as family = 70mph cruising speed (not 120mph+) and feeding stops etc.

If others are interested in going this "Very Special" weekend (F1 Circuit!!!!!!) but want to travel on the friday (as track isnt opened until the evening) there is nothing to stop people travelling over at different times and meeting up for the Fri/Sat/Sun.

Im now keeping to one side while the fireworks on here set off. I am not responsible for any fallings out or divorces that may now occur due to the above:curtain:

this is looking favourite.. cus we get to ride the GP circuit also !! :2thumbsup :pimp2: :pimp2:

The Vee
24-04-2006, 12:23 AM
is the track open on the Monday?

edit/ found it - yes it is in the afternoon.

Jimbo
24-04-2006, 12:37 AM
I can't get access to the nurburgring website atm.....is it down, or are my security filters playing havoc again?

BraindG
24-04-2006, 06:58 AM
ps according to CVR4 world map Kierans house is a 1/16th of an inch detour on the way down...... turns up the heat... LOL
Knew that map would come in handy...

Jimbo
24-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok, figured out where I'm going wrong connecting to the ring website - it's changed since I was last there. Official opening times for the days around our "traditional" (heh hee!) summer visit:

Thu 29th June: 17:45 - 19:30
Fri 30th June: 14:15 - 19:30
Sat 1st July: 08:00 - 19:30
Sun 2nd July: 08:00 - 19:30
Mon 3rd July: 13:00 - 19:30

So theoretically, people could do a long trip using our Easter-style schedule, i.e. travel across on the Thursday, come back Tuesday, or we could do a shorter trip and get there Friday afternoon and come back either Monday or Tuesday.

That's assuming we're actually going at all....ahem.

WildCards
24-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Kieran, just bung it on a credit card and worry about it later......life's too short !

No wonder you've got so much work mate :speechles :evilgrin:

SGHOM
24-04-2006, 03:34 PM
That's assuming we're actually going at all....ahem.

:thinking: :deal2: :happy: :happy: /yes /yes

Simon
24-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I can confirm that i will be travelling over on the Thursday at a leisurley pace, sight seeing Friday am, track friday pm, track Saturday & Sunday, then a leisurely trip back Monday.

I suggest a list could be made of interested parties and the times they are intending to go over, then if necessary we could travel over in groups, allowing people to go for longer or shorter but ultimately we will all be at Nurburg overlapping during fri/sat/sun....in theory :curtain:

SGHOM
24-04-2006, 08:22 PM
Are we doing a group booking then ? :thinking: ie; chunnel, hotels etc ?
[ I know someone very good at it !! ] :scholar:

Simon
24-04-2006, 08:39 PM
TBH there are no further deals on the Channel Tunnel prices or the hotels for group bookings. We just need to establish who is going and when they are going out/coming back. If we book soon we will have no problems with availability or prices suddenly going up.

I wouldnt suggest anyone booking the accommodation as i booked for James & Linda and as we came back early ive had to foot the bill for all three of us and didnt get to use the rooms.....expensive....../Grrr

I can make a link to the Tunnel booking form and provide a fax number for the Pit Lane so we can fax our requests for rooms/requirements if this helps everyone.:2thumbsup .......If someonme wants to organise group bookings then go for it...

Spirit
26-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I am seriously considering going, and my bro is initially interested in coming with me too - but timing could be the factor.

Would anyone else be up for catching an early ferry the Friday morning, so we get there for late afternoon (and some track action) and leaving Monday morning to catch a late afternoon ferry back ?

I don't fancy going that distance on my own, and no european sat nav.

The Vee
27-04-2006, 01:32 AM
I am seriously considering going, and my bro is initially interested in coming with me too - but timing could be the factor.

Would anyone else be up for catching an early ferry the Friday morning, so we get there for late afternoon (and some track action) and leaving Monday morning to catch a late afternoon ferry back ?

I don't fancy going that distance on my own, and no european sat nav.

Yes.

Spirit
27-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Having spoken to Andy last night, you can pencil us in as provisionals. Just got to sort out some loose ends first.

Our plan (and anyone is welcome to join this group) is to catch an early ferry on the Friday (say 8am to 9am approx), then get to Nurburg late afternoon to get a few laps in, and depart the Monday morning to catch an afternoon ferry (around the 3pm to 4pm mark).

Simon, can you please PM me the info for the Pitstop (or whatever it's called) and will then decide if to book there or the Motorsport (but a room at the back lol).

Simon
27-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Well coming backs not a problem as thats when we are leaving, we just need to find someone else who can travel over friday am! JIMBO or anyone else, whats your "ideal" plans :happy:

Simon
27-04-2006, 09:28 AM
THE MASTER PLAN /help edit at your leisure :happy:

WEDNESDAY 28th June

Folkstone Travel Inn CT19 4AP

1. Simon & Family BOOKED
2. HJM's :) BOOKED
3. SGHOM & Braindg BOOKED

THURSDAY 29th June

Going OUT (10.28am) - via Channel Tunnel

1. Simon and family BOOKED
2. Simon's support vehicle BOOKED
2. HJM's :) BOOKED
3. SGHOM & Braindg BOOKED

FRIDAY 30th June

Going OUT (8.28am) - via Channel Tunnel

1.Pete & bro BOOKED
2.Andy & son BOOKED
3.Jimbo BOOKED

SATURDAY 1st July

SUNDAY 2nd July

MONDAY 3rd July COMING BACK (after breakfast!)

Pete & Bro BOOKED Depart Calais 16.06 Tunnel
Andy & son BOOKED Depart Calais 16.06 Tunnel
Jimbo BOOKED Depart Calais 16.06 Tunnel

Simon & Family BOOKED Depart Calais 17.06 Tunnel
Simon's support vehicle Depart Calais 17.06 Tunnel
HJM's :) BOOKED Depart Calais 17.06 Tunnel
SGHOM & Braindg BOOKED Depart Calais 17.06 Tunnel

Ive checked with the tunnel and if we (17.06's) turn up at same time as the earlier group theres a 90% chance of joining them, they said there's no point in changing our reservation, just turn up :2thumbsup ...

HOTEL

Simon & Family - Pit-Lane BOOKED
HJM's - Pit-Lane BOOKED
Spirit & Bro - Motorsport BOOKED
The Vee & Son - Motorsport BOOKED
Jimbo
H7 - Pit-Lane BOOKED
SGHOM - Pit Lane BOOKED
Braindg - Pit Lane BOOKED

Spirit
27-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks Simon, I did edit the Travelodge on the Thursday night for me and Andy as I think we will just meet at Dover on the Friday morning :2thumbsup

Simon
27-04-2006, 05:16 PM
SGHOM.... Jimbo...... what are your thoughts on the above post regarding the travelling days and times??????? PS i'll post hotel info once im home :happy:

HJM
27-04-2006, 05:20 PM
If you are thinking of going, I would book the crossing ASAP (however you are doing it) as there is apparently some big football tournament going on in Germany at this time and the airlines are increasing their prices, so the footy fans are looking for alternative ways to get there - which can only mean that the ferries and tunnel will get dearer and busier /yes

The tunnel we booked today has already gone up from yesterday - so get booking :thumbsup:

J /Camera

SGHOM
27-04-2006, 05:42 PM
This is a link to the pitlane hotel.. IMHO, the better option if you want to sleep !! /pan
If you call, just ask for.. FRIEDHELM THELEN. proprietor, & driver of the 'renn -taxi' !!

http://www.haus-pitlane.de/

Jimbo
27-04-2006, 08:27 PM
JIMBO or anyone else, whats your "ideal" plans :happy:

SGHOM.... Jimbo...... what are your thoughts on the above post regarding the travelling days and times??????? PS i'll post hotel info once im home :happy:

We have used eurotunnel1.com to book train tickets

Gahhh, too much, too much, must rest, must rest!!!!!!!!

:uhoh2: :anxious: :rolleyes4 :rolleyes3

SGHOM
27-04-2006, 10:45 PM
for all RT4'rs.................... please see page one.. post one. !! :happy: :happy: :2thumbsup

Simon
27-04-2006, 11:15 PM
:2thumbsup :2thumbsup So when you guys planning on going over? :happy:

Spirit
27-04-2006, 11:32 PM
for all RT4'rs.................... please see page one.. post one. !! :happy: :happy: :2thumbsup

As a passenger or is he taking his car ? Just had a look at the football fixtures and if England qualify for the quarter finals they will be playing either on the Friday or the Saturday we are there - depending on if they finish as group winners or runners up. The small pain is that either day the match kicks off at 5pm !

Spirit
28-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Ok, my bro has confirmed his attendance and myself and Andy have booked the tunnel crossings.

We depart at 8.28am on the Friday, and return at 4.06pm on the Monday (an hour earlier than Simon/HJM's) - main reason being that I have such a distance to travel home and all of us are working the Tuesday so the sooner we get home the better.

HJM
28-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok, my bro has confirmed his attendance and myself and Andy have booked the tunnel crossings.

We depart at 8.28am on the Friday, and return at 4.06pm on the Monday (an hour earlier than Simon/HJM's) - main reason being that I have such a distance to travel home and all of us are working the Tuesday so the sooner we get home the better.

Hey, nice one Guys - RT4 is off and running :)

J

Spirit
28-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey, nice one Guys - RT4 is off and running :)

J

Expect to see another booking confirmation very soon :2thumbsup

Have you guys booked the hotel yet ?

Jimbo
28-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Expect to see another booking confirmation very soon :2thumbsup

:curtain:

Spirit
28-04-2006, 02:30 PM
:curtain:

Are you booked mate ?

BraindG
28-04-2006, 02:39 PM
i think Derek is...

Jimbo
28-04-2006, 02:43 PM
130 pounds poorer, 130 times happier :thumbsup:

Note to self - "I am a sensible, rational human being.....except when it comes to The Nurburgring".

HJM
28-04-2006, 03:07 PM
130 pounds poorer, 130 times happier :thumbsup:

Note to self - "I am a sensible, rational human being.....except when it comes to The Nurburgring".

Hurray - you know it makes sense (there may be a 'no' and a 'whatsoever' in there somewhere but hey :happy: )

Pete - not booked hotel yet, but will probably try to this weekend :2thumbsup

/and Jimbo, just remember, you started it /Devil5

The Vee
28-04-2006, 03:31 PM
You lot must be MAD/pan /pan

...................Just booked the crossing:2thumbsup

SGHOM
28-04-2006, 03:32 PM
i think Derek is...

and you !! :happy: I'll get you there if it kills me ! :2thumbsup

Spirit
28-04-2006, 03:34 PM

What's your plan Derek ? Group 1(Thurs) or 2 (Fri) ? Or maybe a Group 3 ?

And Brian ?

BraindG
28-04-2006, 04:08 PM
:iloveyou:

SGHOM
29-04-2006, 12:04 AM
What's your plan Derek ? Group 1(Thurs) or 2 (Fri) ? Or maybe a Group 3 ?

And Brian ?

all being well.. group 1 [thurs]
Brian is taking the rosyth to zeebruge ferry. [ to save 1000 miles of road !! ]
just need to corralate & comfirm bookings, so we are all at the right place at the right time !! /help

Simon
29-04-2006, 08:11 AM
due to my understanding of the German language ive emailed info@haus-pitlane.de with my request for 4 nights accommodation and received a confirmation back within an hour :2thumbsup .........Ive updated the MASTER PLAN.....still things/people to add.....:happy:

Spirit
29-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Andy & I have just booked the Motorsport hotel - on the firm understanding that the rooms are no where near the Pizzeria ! Andy has his usual room and ours is on the second floor too :2thumbsup

Main reason we booked there is the car parking facilities, and of course can roll out of the restuarant and into bed.

HJM
29-04-2006, 07:04 PM
Andy & I have just booked the Motorsport hotel - on the firm understanding that the rooms are no where near the Pizzeria ! Andy has his usual room and ours is on the second floor too :2thumbsup

Main reason we booked there is the car parking facilities, and of course can roll out of the restuarant and into bed.

I am still thinking along these lines too, mm, need to think about it more :thinking:

Spirit
29-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I am still thinking along these lines too, mm, need to think about it more :thinking:

I would get in quick to see if you can get a 2nd floor room too :2thumbsup

HJM
29-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I would get in quick to see if you can get a 2nd floor room too :2thumbsup

Yeah, but the biatch in me says they should not have my money after last time /pan /pan

I think we may go with the Pit Jobby this time.

/edited to say there is a British Supra club heading to the Ring the same weekend - should be interesting (well, for us anyway!!)

SGHOM
29-04-2006, 08:40 PM
The pit lane is a very nice hotel. :2thumbsup but I see where Pete's coming from.. avoiding the long..dark.. late walk home !! [ all of 200yds !! /pan ]

I think Barry & me will now be travelling down with Jimbo, hopefully the night before the crossing ! I'm not keen on 2 am starts !! /help

HJM
29-04-2006, 08:46 PM
The pit lane is a very nice hotel. :2thumbsup but I see where Pete's coming from.. avoiding the long..dark.. late walk home !! [ all of 200yds !! /pan ]

I think Barry & me will now be travelling down with Jimbo, hopefully the night before the crossing ! I'm not keen on 2 am starts !! /help

LOL, yeah it's the long trek in the early hours of the morning that's worrying me, especially on my own, but I guess I can always get a taxi back :inquisiti

J :party3:

SGHOM
29-04-2006, 08:48 PM
but I guess I can always get a taxi back :inquisiti

Sabine will be tucked up in bed by that time !! :inquisiti :5shots: :5shots:

BraindG
29-04-2006, 08:48 PM
LOL, yeah it's the long trek in the early hours of the morning that's worrying me, especially on my own, but I guess I can always get a taxi back :inquisiti

hehe, just take the fart machine, and parp all the way down.. you'll no be touched!

HJM
29-04-2006, 08:54 PM
hehe, just take the fart machine, and parp all the way down.. you'll no be touched!

PMSL - it was finding my way back I was worried about :5shots:

Oh, lord, just remembering the last night with the fart machine - so childish, but so very, very funy /haz

J

BraindG
29-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Oh, lord, just remembering the last night with the fart machine - so childish, but so very, very funy /haz

J

nothing like a room full of adults, laughing at farts.. thats for sure!....

Spirit
29-04-2006, 09:31 PM

But you are going on the Thursday and Jimbo on the Friday ?

BraindG
29-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Hmmm, Derek? /pan

Spirit
29-04-2006, 09:44 PM

At least one guy in the Evo group saw the funny side of it :happy:, it was bl**dy funny !

HJM
29-04-2006, 09:58 PM
At least one guy in the Evo group saw the funny side of it :happy:, it was bl**dy funny !

You mean the guy who snorted beer up his nose and nearly choked, he was laughing so much :d

SGHOM
29-04-2006, 10:38 PM
I was.. err ? we was. :book: but now we might not be. /help

Jimbo
30-04-2006, 02:06 PM

I was originally thinking early Fri to avoid taking another day off work, but as Derek's pointed out to me, it would be a very-daft-o-clock start, and we all know what I'm like at normal-o-clock starts, let alone insane-o-didn't-realise-this-hour-existed-twice-a-day starts!!!

So I'm now up for leaving on the Thursday afternoon or evening and be at Folkestone for a beer or two before bedtime :5shots:

The Vee
30-04-2006, 03:59 PM

Deja vu (sp) /pan /pan

as for the fart machine - priceless/help

Spirit
30-04-2006, 05:40 PM
/haz at Mr Vee.....

I was thinking the same, Mr Tew is at it again lol......only difference this time is it won't be Jane getting the grief :evilgrin:

SGHOM
30-04-2006, 05:50 PM
/haz at Mr Vee.....

I was thinking the same, Mr Tew is at it again lol......only difference this time is it won't be Jane getting the grief :evilgrin:

err... ang on there !! /Grrr It's not me this time !
Myself & Barry [ maybe also Becky ] agreed to go with the 1st party on the weds. :2thumbsup but then I /we realised it would be 8/9 peeps in 2 cars ? + no smoking. :pimp2:
So.. I PM'd Jimbo to see if we could go in his car... agreed. :2thumbsup but he wanted to go on the friday at stupid o'clock. /help So now I think we're going on the thursday to stop in Folkstone overnight... I think ? :thinking:

Bit of editing on my part needed now !!

HJM
30-04-2006, 05:55 PM
err... ang on there !! /Grrr It's not me this time !
Myself & Barry [ maybe also Becky ] agreed to go with the 1st party on the weds. :2thumbsup but then I /we realised it would be 8/9 peeps in 2 cars ? + no smoking. :pimp2:
So.. I PM'd Jimbo to see if we could go in his car... agreed. :2thumbsup but he wanted to go on the friday at stupid o'clock. /help So now I think we're going on the thursday to stop in Folkstone overnight... I think ? :thinking:

Bit of editing on my part needed now !!

LOL, I hope you are not pointing this in my direction :inquisiti

When we first discussed it, it was just you on your own - if you recall, you asked me to book a single room!! And I told you it would be a no smoking car from the start.

So, I guess you want me to change your hotel to the Thursday night then ??

Let me know, when you have sorted it out in your own head :iloveyou:

SGHOM
30-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Lemme ring Barry..James, & Becky & sort this out once & for all.
time delayed posts & PM's kinda cock things up !! /Grrr :5shots: :5shots:

BraindG
30-04-2006, 06:07 PM
Lemme ring Barry..James, & Becky & sort this out once & for all.
time delayed posts & PM's kinda cock things up !! :5shots: :5shots:
Looks at anims... time delayed posts/pm's huh? :p

SGHOM
30-04-2006, 06:17 PM
time delayed posts/pm's huh? :p

???
I PM James friday...... he reply's sunday !! etc..etc.. /help I've slept inbetween, & need to be retrained !! :book: :book:

Spirit
30-04-2006, 06:28 PM
I thought you were gonna take your car this time Derek ? :inquisiti

SGHOM
30-04-2006, 06:34 PM
I thought you were gonna take your car this time Derek ? :inquisiti

I so want to, but cant afford it. /Grrr

new wheels £380
new tyres £400
re-map £100??
new AYC pump/switch £ ??
new brakes £170

new tyres on van £200
new exhaust £70

change of ownership of the house I live in [ rented ] £880 /Grrr /pan

& thats just this past month !!

Kieran
30-04-2006, 11:34 PM
OUCH! Expensive month Derek!/help

Roadrunner
01-05-2006, 08:54 PM
OK, we're making a holiday of it :D

Ferry is booked from Newcastle to Ijmuiden on 24th June, returning 7th July (saves me about 1000 miles of driving ;) ). Planning to arrive at Nürburgring on Thursday 29th, waiting to hear back from my email to the PitLane Gästehaus re accommodation, and will leave with everyone else on the Monday morning, 'cept we're heading for Luxembourg ...

Brian (& Lorna)

Spirit
01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
Great news Brian......you'll love it :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

zentac
01-05-2006, 09:18 PM
why not combine it with a trackday at spa?

BraindG
01-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh God, Richard, shhhhh...

SGHOM
01-05-2006, 09:31 PM

& If you pulled your finger out with that bl00dy great turbo thingy... you could make RT4 ? :thinking:

Spirit
01-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Spa could be on the agenda for RT? in 2007 ?

It has been discussed before and will no doubt happen at some point - but not this time as the weekend is a short one. I for one hope to do a week in Germany at some point, maybe spend a day or two at the ring, do Spa and also see some sights for a change

Roadrunner
02-05-2006, 09:28 AM
OK, that's us booked into the Pit-Lane from Thursday evening to Monday morning :) I'm unable to edit anyone else's posts to update the list with our itinerary.

Cheers,
Brian

The Vee
02-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Great news, another ring sticker required!! Look forward to meeting you:2thumbsup

BraindG
02-05-2006, 10:54 AM
OK, that's us booked into the Pit-Lane from Thursday evening to Monday morning :) I'm unable to edit anyone else's posts to update the list with our itinerary.

Cheers,
Brian
Added you as Hotel Booked, not sure about crossing?

Roadrunner
02-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Great news, another ring sticker required!! Look forward to meeting you:2thumbsup
Already got me Ring sticker ... ;) :D

BraindG
02-05-2006, 11:25 AM
Already got me Ring sticker ... ;) :D
Insert here? /pan

Roadrunner
02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Added you as Hotel Booked, not sure about crossing?
Thanks Barry :) We're taking the ferry from Newcastle to Ijmuiden on 24th June, spending a few days in Netherlands and Germany before arriving at the Ring on the Thursday. Leaving with everyone else on Monday morning, but heading for Luxembourg then Belgium before heading back on the ferry on 7th July.

Cheers,
Brian

Jimbo
02-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Simon/anyone - where did you hear that the F1 circuit was going to be open on the dates for RT4?

I know Nurburgring gmbh are usually very sketchy on these things so I went looking on various sites to see if I could confirm it, but all I could find was a motorbike race meeting on the 30th/1st/2nd, and I'm guessing that's on the GP track :(

Anyone know any different?

Simon
02-05-2006, 12:41 PM
I read the info on the Ring Websites....anyone else.../help

chris g
02-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone

Nice to see growing interest in visiting the Nurburgring Nordschleife after a hesitant start a year ago

I should be there the same w/e as CVR4

Our usual suspects of Weissen Handschuhe Racing will be going - ferry out Fri morning and return Tue afternoon so we can get track time Fri eve and some good track time Mon afternoon/evening

Problem for the w/e is that as bike racing on FI circuit, area likely to be full of bikers and guess lots of them will visit the Nordschleife for a lap or two

I should be in my family hatchback again but as house sale about to be completed I may be in a four door family saloon again - wonder what that will be.......

So may see some of you on Fri morning if you catch the ferry - more likely see you in the bar or at the track doing laps Fri afternoon/eve

Look fwd to seeing familiar faces and a few new ones for me

Prepare to enjoy the Weiss Bier

Chris

SGHOM
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Prepare to enjoy the Weiss Bier

Chris
no thanks Chris !! that stuff is disgusting ! :5shots: :sick2: :sick2:
banana flavoured beer anyone ?? :inquisiti

Spirit
02-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Thats a bummer about the GP circuit /Grrr

Looking forward to seeing you again Chris

HJM
02-05-2006, 06:14 PM
I have finally remembered to email the Pit Whatsit - hope they aren't full yet :inquisiti

Simon
04-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Any up-dates on peoples accommodation?...hope you've all got beds for the night(s)! :happy:

SGHOM
04-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Any up-dates on peoples accommodation?...hope you've all got beds for the night(s)! :happy:

twin room at the pit lane booked this morning ! :2thumbsup

HJM
04-05-2006, 06:43 PM

Nope - they haven't responded to my email and not answering the phone /pan

Will try again later!

BraindG
04-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Ok.. the Chunnel has Deffo been booked for Derek and Mehself, we're ready to roll!

HJM
04-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok.. the Chunnel has Deffo been booked for Derek and Mehself, we're ready to roll!

WooHoo - nice one guys - so are you going on Thursday or Friday :inquisiti

J

BraindG
04-05-2006, 11:23 PM
We are going across on Thursday..

Spirit
04-05-2006, 11:33 PM

Excellent news Barry, but thought you were going - who is this new person Mehself ?

BraindG
04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Excellent news Barry, but thought you were going - who is this new person Mehself ?

A rather dodgy character indeed.. yet, strangely attractive..

Spirit
13-05-2006, 12:57 PM
This time in 7 weeks we will be there having a great time, and just maybe England may be in the WC semi finals ? :happy:

SGHOM
13-05-2006, 02:56 PM
This time in 7 weeks we will be there having a great time, and just maybe England may be in the WC semi finals ? :happy:

quarter finals Pete !! :happy: :book: :book:

Spirit
13-05-2006, 03:52 PM
quarter finals Pete !! :happy: :book: :book:

Depends where they finish in the group stage - they may be playing at 5pm on the Friday in the quarters :2thumbsup

SGHOM
05-06-2006, 09:33 PM
23 days !!

oh my god !! /help /help

So much to do & so little time !! /Grrr

Barry & me are off to Mo's weds night, to try & get my car to do 0-60 in under 5 mins.... It's not well at the moment. :inquisiti

Then just gotta sort out MOT, tax, euro insurance, breakdown cover, brake pads, exhaust, clean the car, [ yes... I'm booking it in to be valeted !! ]
:afro:

Then...... hopefully... find time to get it fluid serviced. my g/box is misbehaving slightly when hot, needs a drink of AMSOIL :happy:

Still................. 23 days is an eternity !! NOT !!! :5shots: /help /help

Spirit
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Good luck mate, sounds like you're gonna need it. What do you need from Mo to sort it out ?

And valeted ???? ......never, don't believe it !

HJM
05-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Good Luck Derek - that reminds me, must order those brake discs :inquisiti

SGHOM
05-06-2006, 10:22 PM
What do you need from Mo to sort it out ?

!

My dump valve !! instead of going PSSHHHTTTT It goes........ parp ....../Grrr /Grrr

I have very little vacuum from the inlet, & despite several attempts by myself, Barry, Wouter, Nick, Richy etc..... I still have boost leak problems. :speechles

dont worry.. we'll sort it ! /help /help

SGHOM
05-06-2006, 10:39 PM
& whilst were on the subject of RT4, how strict are they on noise levels ?? :inquisiti
on sunday, my de-cat & 3" straight through is going back on. which will make my exhaust around 102/105db !! :afro:
Sad I know, but I like noise. :evilgrin: but................... I have a contingency plan... !!
Remember some of the EVO's at RT3 ?? with the baked bean tins attached to the back box ?? :thinking:

Think I'll get away with it ?? :5shots: :5shots: /help

Spirit
05-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Never seen anyone pulled off for it, but of course they do have the noise policy so I would do as you say and have a back up plan. Would be just typical if you didn't.

HJM
05-06-2006, 10:41 PM
As long as you don't thrash it in the car park or make yourself too obvious, you will probably be ok :thinking:

Just as well it hasn't got massive stickers plastered all over it, eh :evilgrin:

SGHOM
05-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Just as well it hasn't got massive stickers plastered all over it, eh :evilgrin:

or 'saffron ' coloured wheels !! :sick2: /Devil5 /Devil5

Wodjno
05-06-2006, 11:02 PM
how strict are they on noise levels ?? :inquisiti

Noise Levels :thinking: What Noise Levels :speechles

Was you ther ewhen the Carrera GT went on track :inquisiti /help

Sounded like 12 1000cc Motorbikes revving at 12000rpm all at the same time :evilgrin:

Never heard anything like it, or since /JawDroppi

Wodjno
05-06-2006, 11:22 PM
Noise Levels :thinking: What Noise Levels :speechles

Was you ther ewhen the Carrera GT went on track :inquisiti /help

Sounded like 12 1000cc Motorbikes revving at 12000rpm all at the same time :evilgrin:

Never heard anything like it, or since /JawDroppi

This is the car in question :evilgrin:

HJM
06-06-2006, 07:49 AM
You mean this one :happy:

Spirit
06-06-2006, 09:48 AM
MMMMMMM, I want one of those :iloveyou:

HJM
09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
"COME ON GERMANY" :iloveyou:

And I'm not talking about the footie team /pan

Just 3 long weeks to go - just got to get Jet Slag to fit (I'll supervise :happy: ) my new KAD discs and pads :2thumbsup (For info discs, bell bolts and AP shape DS2500 cost £453 incl. direct from KAD - very polite and prompt service)

and possible oil and filter change and we are ready - crikey, that sounds like prep' to me - normally just wash it /help

H

Roadrunner
09-06-2006, 03:52 PM
normally just wash it /help

H
:thinking2 oh, I don't think that's necessary! ;)

HJM
19-06-2006, 01:08 PM
10 DAYS TO GO :happy:

Very many thanks to Simon (aka 'The Nut Breaker') for fitting my lovely new KAD discs and pads this weekend and to Claire for putting up with us yet again for so long (could have been 2 weeks :speechles ) :iloveyou:

In future, will be buying new bells with the discs as it took us ages (with lots of grunting and groaning /pan ) to remove all 24 bolts - even reduced our drinking time :5shots:

Also had a scorchio time at Castle Combe watching the Classic and Sports Car Show - some mixed driving abilities out there which was fun to watch, especially when some ran out of talent :2thumbsup

H

Spirit
19-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey good news Heath, and well done Simon - I couldn't be arsed to do all that.

I need to order some new pads, £99 + postage, seems to have gone up a bit /Grrr

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 09:25 AM
In future, will be buying new bells with the discs as it took us ages (with lots of grunting and groaning /pan ) to remove all 24 bolts

I can sympathize completely with this, absolute fkn nighmare!

Not sure about Kad, but AP Bells are daft daft money, so that extra bit of effort is worth it in my opinion ;) Mind you, I have "Super Richy" and his air tools at my disposal /notworthy

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 09:30 AM
...and yes, 10 days!!! Mein Gott!

My preps are almost complete. New front tyres being fitted today to replace the ones I melted at Combe, new (BLUE!!!) brake fluid gone in, new engine oil, changed the PS fluid to Amsoil for a (track) test, and changed some bulbs.....I am now completely skint!

HJM
20-06-2006, 01:00 PM

My preps are almost complete. New front tyres being fitted today to replace the ones I melted at Combe, new (BLUE!!!) brake fluid gone in, new engine oil, changed the PS fluid to Amsoil for a (track) test, and changed some bulbs.....I am now completely skint!

You'll just have to drink less banana beer :5shots: - oh and there goes another squadron of pink squiggly ones /pan Get out the emergency sunglasses :runkest: :stars: /Fever

H

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 01:12 PM
You'll just have to drink less banana beer :5shots: - oh and there goes another squadron of pink squiggly ones /pan Get out the emergency sunglasses :runkest: :stars: /Fever

H

PMSL /lol Yeah, not much chance of that happening :5shots:

Oh and for sunglasses, read "daylightglasses". :snore:

Spirit
20-06-2006, 06:43 PM
Blimey Jim, thats a bit too organised for you mate - bit spooky really /lol

Just ordered some new pads today - moaned at Kad as they keep going up and they said the suppliers excuse is steel costs.....the Chinese are pushing the price of it up......what bollox they talk /Grrr

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Blimey Jim, thats a bit too organised for you mate - bit spooky really /lol

You're not kidding mate. 9 days to go and I'm actually sorted....might even have time to clean it this time /lol

Spirit
20-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Can't believe it's so close yet again.......I can hear the ticket machine already :2thumbsup

You do have the spray paint don't you D ?

Kieran
20-06-2006, 08:35 PM
Have fun guys...... One day in the future we hope to be there with you!:2thumbsup

richy rich
20-06-2006, 08:51 PM

get jimbo to show you the brake fluid it is bright blue

so he has bright red/orange atf, bright blue brake fluid

all he needs now is bright yellow engine oil, bright green coolant

lol.............

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 08:56 PM
get jimbo to show you the brake fluid it is bright blue

so he has bright red/orange atf, bright blue brake fluid

all he needs now is bright yellow engine oil, bright green coolant

lol.............

Lol, yeah that about sums up how staggered we both were on Saturday when we cracked open the Amsoil "Super Blue" brake fluid thinking it was just a cool name! Lol @ Richy saying "If anyone gave you this in a clear bottle and told you it was brake fluid, you'd tell 'em to **** off" /lol /lol

So 'cmon Don, we need more colours now /lol

Jimbo
20-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Have fun guys...... One day in the future we hope to be there with you!:2thumbsup

Hope so too K, but forget the "one day soon" malarky, just read the Nike slogan and take heed :happy:

HJM
20-06-2006, 10:32 PM
We are all set now too - oil change today and he finally took off the manky stickers, so all it needs is a wash and some fuel and we are ready to roll :2thumbsup

Spirit
20-06-2006, 10:35 PM
I know it's a pain Jane, but could you pretty please ask Heath to PM me the route details for the Navman. :iloveyou:

Also, got an email from Eurotunnel today reminding me to look at the self check in service, more info here: http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcP3Main/ukcPassengers/ukcProductsServices/ukcTicketsAndFares/ukpSelfCheckIn

Mate of mine came back from Le Mans via the Chunnel yesterday and got stopped and fully seached by French and English customs.....was so bad he even missed his train and had to pay £55 for another ticket otherwise go on standby for a space and the next 4 trains were full !

HJM
20-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Will do Pete - although I seem to remember that the general consensus was that we went the scenic route out and the quicker route back??

Interesting about the tunnel - I guess we need to get there in plenty of time then :inquisiti

Spirit
20-06-2006, 10:46 PM
I'll go with whatever H feels is the easiest route, and maybe copy Andy in on the same route too. I know Jimbo will also have his satnav so we should be ok between the 3 of us.

Jimbo
21-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Will do Pete - although I seem to remember that the general consensus was that we went the scenic route out and the quicker route back??

Interesting about the tunnel - I guess we need to get there in plenty of time then :inquisiti

Spoke to Chris at length about routes last Easter. The road we usually take in (past Spa) is a longer route, but fast due to the dual carriageway. The alternative is substantially shorter, but windy roads so I'm guessing the time is about the same. CG & co take the windy roads to have some fun, but I think the HJM route works better for a convoy.

Coming back is a bit more complicated, you can't get back onto the spa road without going a bit further out of our way (apparently??). There's about 4 or 5 routes, but as long as we don't go the way I led us back last time or the way Simon led us back the first time, I think we'll do fine!

Personally I love to experiment with different routes, I'm never satisfied, whereas most normal (rational) people will find a good route and stick to it. There....that's my advance warning that I may have a whinge whichever route we end up taking /lol

Roadrunner
21-06-2006, 04:42 PM
might even have time to clean it this time /lol
:thinking2 Oh, I don't think that's necessary ;)

I'm heading over to Holland this Saturday so won't be on the internet from then. Aiming to be at the Ring sometime on the Thursday so feel free to phone me on the mobile at any time. I've got numbers for some of you (Barry, Heath, Jimbo, Derek) but feel free to PM me any others ...

Still waiting for my car to be ready ...

Brian

The Vee
21-06-2006, 05:01 PM
All this talk of preparation, when are we going then/pan /pan . TBH just put the gearbox back after clutch mods - fed up with the judder on the ceramic disc, adjusting dampers, need to contact Don for some slippery stuff and a few other bits and bobs need doing. Just need some time to do it, no more days off untill the crossing day and on nights till then. Hmmmm do I feel well next week?/help :thinking: :inquisiti Oh and a complete brake pad replacement.

Spirit
21-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Good to see you're cutting it fine as always Andy :pimp2:

Brian, have PM'd you my mobile number :2thumbsup

SGHOM
21-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Ok......

after a few headaches & a lot of doubt in my mind, my car WILL be at RT4. :happy: :happy:
I'll not bore you with the details, but I've just got back from super Mo's, & my car is up & running..... of a fashion ! :inquisiti
modifications to the rear actuator has sorted my 'sluggish performance' issues... sort of ? but I will not be running boost at all. We've still to solve that problem. /help :book: still a lot of head scratching & If I get chance to get to Mo's next week, we'll try to solve that dilema.

chris g
21-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Just a comment about routes:

Route down past Spa probably has more motorway and less of the twisty stuff - you leave the motorway some distance past Spa

On the way back you cannot rejoin at the same point you left the motorway - we headed cross country at the point where you would have hoped to join motorway and eventually rejoined the motorway at Spa itself - a nice drive thru Belgium

I do not think the Spa route is better for a 'convoy' but you are best going with the route you know/like partic where you are on a deadline for the channel crossing

Much of our route, on B258, is followed from habit, from first visit in 2000 although we do not go thru Eupen anymore - roughest road in Christendom!

Our route after motoway, using B258, has lots of twisty bits that are nice to drive but prob are not conducive to rushing back to the channel crossing on trip home

May see you all Thursday but likely to be Fri afternoon and prob NOT back in a large family saloon I am afraid - still in my little family hatchback

Jimbo
21-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Ah that's a shame about the "family saloon" Chris, I was looking forward to that. Still, be good to catch up next week mate, see you Friday afternoon (chunnel/traffic permitting).

And Derek....that is fantastic news, well done Super Mo (again). What do you mean no boost though? If you just mean "standard boost", then no worries, that's plenty for t'ring - boost is no benefit getting round those 100-200 corners!

Spirit
21-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the comments Chris, see you again next week mate :2thumbsup

Derek, great news mate ! As Jim said, is it just standard boost you mean ?

HJM
21-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Have a good trip Brian and see you Thursday night .............

Good Luck Andy - although if I know you, it'll be sorted in the nick of time..........

Great news Derek ...........

Hi Chris - we found the Eupen road on the way back at Easter!! We shall be there Thursday - some of these lightweights aren't coming till Friday :evilgrin:

As for a route - I guess you three who are travelling together should decide which way you want to go - I suspect we will go the shortest route, as we will not be travelling as fast as usual.

Anyhoo - here's to RT4 :5shots:

chris g
21-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Quick comment again about routes:

We turn of motorway just as we enter Germany and then across to B258 - nice roads but at Easter, as we were travelling on the B258, and I cannot remember where it was, we nearly got lost due to detour at a road works but leading car with satnav and passenger to read it got us back on route back onto B258 a few miles further along - so hopefully roadworks over now as that car/sat nav combination not with us this time

We may go down Spa route and then across to the Ring - as a 'lightweight' I will be there Fri!

But as a '501' and founder member of Weissen Handschuhe Racing I feel ok with myself about my late arrival compared to you eager lot!

HJM
21-06-2006, 11:36 PM
/haz your Levis and your white gloves hold no fear for me :inquisiti

See you FRIDAY then :2thumbsup

chris g
21-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Levis ? WTF ?

But you should be afraid, very afraid of EifelGeist

None can hear your pain when you are alone in the Eifel!

HJM
21-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Levis ? WTF ?

But you should be afraid, very afraid of EifelGeist

None can hear your pain when you are alone in the Eifel!

Sorry Chris, a pathetic attempt at humour and your '501' reference - forgive me :embarasse

Still not scared though /Nuuu

J

chris g
21-06-2006, 11:54 PM
One of our group on a previous trip started on lager type beer then went onto having a few Eifelgeist and then lost the next 24 hrs completely - missed a full day of track time and the evening as well - he found biscuits in parts of his room where no food should have been

So perhaps a lesson for us all there......

Do not start on lager but GO STRAIGHT TO THE EIFELGEIST

HJM
21-06-2006, 11:58 PM
So perhaps a lesson for us all there......

Do not start on lager but GO STRAIGHT TO THE EIFELGEIST

LOL - no, you're ok, I'll stick with the wine thanks!

The Vee
22-06-2006, 03:51 AM
For me, I prefer the motorway as it seems quicker, if maybe a little longer route. Think that is the way we went last time??
Good to hear D's car will be there and by the sound of it going to be another good turnout:2thumbsup
Founder CVR4 ringer although Friday lightweight/pan /pan

SGHOM
22-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Derek, great news mate ! As Jim said, is it just standard boost you mean ?

Sorry, yes. I was tired/pissed last night ! :5shots: my boost controller has been disconnected.

chris g
22-06-2006, 10:40 PM
By 'the motorway' I assume you mean down towards Spa rather than across towards Germany as both are motorway but obviously going cross-country at different points

And long live the Fri lightweights!

The Vee
22-06-2006, 11:27 PM
By 'the motorway' I assume you mean down towards Spa rather than across towards Germany as both are motorway but obviously going cross-country at different points

And long live the Fri lightweights!

Think that was it. It was the way we went last time. HJM probably recall as they had their sat nav set up correctly (unlike me/pan /pan )

SGHOM
23-06-2006, 11:26 AM
/wall /wall /wall /wall

I wonder If I've got time to fit a new engine on tuesday night ? :embarasse :embarasse

HJM
23-06-2006, 12:58 PM
What's up now Derek - please say your car is going to make it /help

Don't really fancy giving you a lift and that smelly mate of yours :happy: /Grrr /Handbag

H

SGHOM
23-06-2006, 01:25 PM
What's up now Derek - please say your car is going to make it /help

H

we 'think' we've eliminated a turbo problem, :thinking: so the only other possible cause is the engine. :inquisiti
Mo seems to think I may have a piston on the way out........ hopefully not out of the side of the engine on my way to Newcastle today !! /help /help
If I get up north & back unscathed, I'll at least make Folkstone !! I hope !! :speechles
As for the ring ??? I have another engine and/or car on standby. :happy:

Jimbo
23-06-2006, 06:56 PM
we 'think' we've eliminated a turbo problem, :thinking: so the only other possible cause is the engine. :inquisiti
Mo seems to think I may have a piston on the way out........ hopefully not out of the side of the engine on my way to Newcastle today !! /help /help
If I get up north & back unscathed, I'll at least make Folkstone !! I hope !! :speechles
As for the ring ??? I have another engine and/or car on standby. :happy:

Just when things started to be going in a good direction.....can Mo not wave his magic wand and make it all better?

Psstt....what's the backup plan? It's not my engine and/or car is it? /lol

Spirit
23-06-2006, 07:10 PM
OMG Derek, when will it all end ? I am guessing Barry's car is the back-up plan, or is Mo gonna lend you one he has in stock ?

chris g
23-06-2006, 07:56 PM
And is this the reward for chasing the ultimate speed/time/thrill in a straight line

Hasn't at least one other person had the rewards for seeking such thrills?

It's much more fun going round a track! And perhaps cheaper?

Kieran
23-06-2006, 08:04 PM
And is this the reward for chasing the ultimate speed/time/thrill in a straight line

If I was in Derek's shoes right now, I'd think you were gloating, or at the very least, being a smartar$e.... Are your comments above really necessary given that Derek's still trying to sort things out?....

chris g
23-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Oh give us a break and loosen up - get a duster and polish something!

SGHOM
23-06-2006, 10:33 PM

horses for courses Chris ??

cars can break at any time for any reason. :thinking: I've seen more tow trucks at the ring then I've ever seen at the pod :scholar:

chris g
23-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes maybe it is nothing to do with your past fun at Santa Pod

Hope you do get your car sorted for RT4 and have some fun at the Nordschleife

Maybe even manage a lap or two with you?

SGHOM
23-06-2006, 10:39 PM
The chances of me getting back from Newcastle are slim !! let alone doing a few laps of the ring ! /Grrr /Grrr /help

leave it with me................ I'll sort summat. :inquisiti :thinking: :thinking: :book:

Roadrunner
24-06-2006, 11:34 AM
The chances of me getting back from Newcastle are slim !! let alone doing a few laps of the ring ! /Grrr /Grrr /help
Oh no! :( Hope you manage to get it sorted, Derek. Good luck!

chris g
24-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Stick some nitrous in and it should blow the car to Eifel Region a week ahead of time - you can be ready at the bar with a round of drinks!

HJM
26-06-2006, 06:12 PM
HOW LONG :bananadan /Hyper :rolleyes4 /Poms /Banana :smash: :helmet:

H

ps Looks like we may have another visitor to the Ring :2thumbsup

SGHOM
26-06-2006, 06:15 PM
ps Looks like we may have another visitor to the Ring :2thumbsup

?? :inquisiti :inquisiti :book:

HJM
26-06-2006, 06:24 PM
?? :inquisiti :inquisiti :book:

Can't say - will the culprit step forward if its a goer :scholar: :2thumbsup

SGHOM
26-06-2006, 06:34 PM
dont forget your factor 60 !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0052

HJM
26-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Burn, baby, burn /help

K9NG
26-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Can't say - will the culprit step forward if its a goer :scholar: :2thumbsup

1 culprit stepping forward everything booked :thumbsup:
I am going with the swede :happy:

SGHOM
26-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I've just called Barry.. [ from Sheffield... never made work this morning ! :5shots: :5shots: ] & as it stands, neither of us have a clue as to how we're going to get there !! /help
He's now working on wednesday, so that puts doubt into the overnight stay in Folkstone ? :speechles
Neither his car or mine will make the 300 mile trip, so it could even be a hire car !! /Grrr :speechles

SGHOM
26-06-2006, 07:16 PM

YIPPEE !!!!! :iloveyou: :2thumbsup :2thumbsup
see you weds..thurs.. or friday Paul ?? :happy: :happy:

Kieran
26-06-2006, 07:36 PM
What's wrong with Barry's car?:inquisiti

HJM
26-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Don't forget Derek - if you and Barry can get to Folkestone for Wed night/Thurs morning - there's plenty of room in my car (Jane is travelling in the Pathfinder with Claire and the kids) and Simon and Paul may also want some company - so no problem with luggage etc.

H

HJM
26-06-2006, 07:58 PM

Don't remember the details of Saturday night, but it's amazing the power of Bitburger and a few words dropped into conversation (or was it watching all those race cars wizz round Castle Combe yesterday ?) :2thumbsup - glad your coming and a shame Soraya can't make it.

H

Spirit
26-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey great news Paul :2thumbsup, not want to risk the Audi this time ?

Derek/Barry, you will be there guys, we have faith in you.

The Vee
27-06-2006, 04:52 AM
Nice one Paul, be good to see the swede again as well.

K9NG
27-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Was a last minute decision thought I would give the Audi a rest and also Saab is more comfy on long journeys/yes

Will be good to see everyone again see you all thurs/fri :2thumbsup

BraindG
27-06-2006, 09:07 AM
ive got a few new issues with my car, drop links, and clutch again. So i dont think it will make it south, or should i say, id rather not as i need to make the car last for aslong as possible this year.

Ive no idea how we are going to get down, I looked into flights across, but theres none that land on route of everyones convoy, and berlin is 440kms away.

Going to look at a hire car.

Problem going down that route is that we'll be spending way more than I(we) ever planned. and im skint!

SGHOM
27-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Barry....
Just make sure you're AA membership is up to date, & can you get over to my place weds afternoon ? what time are you working till ? :thinking:
I'll take mine down to folkstone... but no further. :inquisiti
It'll be a smokey ride, but we'll get there....... I think ! /help

BraindG
27-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Barry....
Just make sure you're AA membership is up to date, & can you get over to my place weds afternoon ? what time are you working till ? :thinking:
Or we could hire a Focus for 140?

ill give you a call in a bit, need to srot out a customer. (figurativly speaking)

Lillywotsername
27-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Barry....
Just make sure you're AA membership is up to date, & can you get over to my place weds afternoon ? I'll take mine down to folkstone... but no further. :inquisiti

Good luck guys....Thinking of you/grouphug

SGHOM
27-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Or we could hire a Focus for 140?

ill give you a call in a bit, need to srot out a customer. (figurativly speaking)

Call me on my land line [ I'll pager you the number ]
my mobile is switched off........ in case work rings !! /pan :thinking:

K9NG
27-06-2006, 10:15 AM
It'll be a smokey ride, but we'll get there....... I think ! /help[/QUOTE]

As Heath said plenty of room..:thumbsup:

Simon
27-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Good news Paul:happy:

Fingers crossed for D & B :2thumbsup

To make you feel better, my car is at Tuning Japanese and doubt i'll get it back until late wednesday! and looks like i need to take off the roof rails to the Pathfinder to get it to fit in the double decker chunnel carriages /pan ......can see it now, Heath holding a ladder while i get a socket on the roof rails and 80 cars waiting behind us!..........or as most women would tell me..just let some air out of the tyres/pan

If i dont get time to log on again before the trip, see you all there and to everyone else, see you when we get back :2thumbsup

Spirit
27-06-2006, 05:03 PM
No way you can borrow a car off somone guys ? Can't your mate lend you one off his forecourt ?

How about booking your car in for some work Derek and getting a loan car off the garage ? /lol

Spirit
27-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Track opening times:

Thursday: 5.45pm to 7.30pm
Friday: 2.15pm to 7.30pm (Germany vs Argentina 5pm)
Saturday: 8.00am to 7.30pm (England vs Portugal 5pm)
Sunday: 8.00am to 7.30pm

Lap fees 2006

25-lap ticket car / motorcycle 305.00 €
15-lap ticket car / motorcycle 195.00 €
8-lap ticket car / motorcycle 108.00 €
4-lap ticket car / motorcycle 56.00 €

Brunty
27-06-2006, 06:25 PM
No way you can borrow a car off somone guys ?

:speechles

I wouldn't loan Derek a car to fetch milk from the cornershop (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164652&postcount=1); let alone one to thrash around a notorious road in a foreign country!

:happy:

richy rich
27-06-2006, 06:27 PM
:speechles

I wouldn't loan Derek a car to fetch milk from the cornershop (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164652&postcount=1); let alone one to thrash around a notorious road in a foreign country!

:happy:
/haz

BraindG
27-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Right.. im thinking **** it.

I can't get off work till 5pm, perhaps I could getto Jimbos, for when he leaves? and Derek get to Andys? but ive nfi, seriously thinking of scrapping coming, ive only got a small budget, and anything other than what was origionally planned exceeds this..

Spirit
27-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Don't forget Jimbo/Andy are going on the Friday crossing so that should help ? Don't scrap coming mate, you'll love it !

Kieran
27-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Right.. im thinking **** it.

I can't get off work till 5pm, perhaps I could getto Jimbos, for when he leaves? and Derek get to Andys? but ive nfi, seriously thinking of scrapping coming, ive only got a small budget, and anything other than what was origionally planned exceeds this..

Tough call Barry - I do feel for both you and Derek.

Maybe it would be better to hang fire untill you can do it properly, car and everything? That's my game plan.... just my thoughts...

BraindG
27-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Don't forget Jimbo/Andy are going on the Friday crossing so that should help ? Don't scrap coming mate, you'll love it !
Yeah, but to get there for Tomorrow night/thursday morning? its not going to happen is it.. only reasonable thing, is to scrounge a lift of Jimbo (for me) as hes fairly close.

but, ive lost interest now sorry. :(/Grrr

BraindG
27-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Tough call Barry - I do feel for both you and Derek.

Maybe it would be better to hang fire untill you can do it properly, car and everything? That's my game plan.... just my thoughts...
Tis what im thinking.

Spirit
27-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah that's what I mean't - you have all day Thursday to get to Jims so the mad panic would be over - then come down with Jim

SGHOM
27-06-2006, 11:50 PM
but, ive lost interest now sorry. :(/Grrr

I knew that weeks ago.

Jimbo
28-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Barry...just read all this - check your pms mate :)

Spirit
28-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Spoke to Derek earlier - nightmare journey but he was nearly at Folkestone.

Jimbo & Andy, will see you guys Friday morning - will call you once we are close to Folkestone to see where you both are :2thumbsup

Spirit
28-06-2006, 10:06 PM
Just had a text from Derek, ended up taking him 7 hrs to get to Folkestone - M25 jammed, and then a lorry fire on the M20

Kieran
28-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Well, at least his Legnum held out!:inquisiti

Spirit
28-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Well, at least his Legnum held out!:inquisiti

When I spoke to him he said he was not in his car

Kieran
28-06-2006, 10:41 PM
When I spoke to him he said he was not in his car

AH!! :embarasse :embarasse

Jimbo
28-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Managed to catch Derek earlier - he'd just caught up with Simon after 5hrs on the road....reminiscent of RT3. He's apparently driving a Saab!

The Vee
29-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Spoke to Derek earlier - nightmare journey but he was nearly at Folkestone.

Jimbo & Andy, will see you guys Friday morning - will call you once we are close to Folkestone to see where you both are :2thumbsup

Yep, aiming to be there bout 0600 ish. Glad to see Derek has got there - somehow!! TBH there have been some doubtfull moments for me on this one, with recent events at home and a not too well exhaust. Think it turns out to be the flexi just a little lazy (the little one in the rear downpipe) so should hold out OK. Thinking about it, don't think VR's have this bit, but of course mine is a hybrid of the two!!