PDA

View Full Version : Rear-ended in Hamiltron...

jaimz
22-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Hey dudes,
Well, I guess something like this was bound to happen eventually...

I was sitting at a red light leaving Hamilton at 4am this morning (coming home from a gig) and BANG! Rear-ended by a Mazda Eunos. :sad3:

Firstly, I gotta say that I'm super impressed by how the VR-4 held up. Cosmetically, it only looks like the rear bumper's a bit munted, but his car was screwed! Bonnet all bent up and radiator hissing etc... the works.
Of course there may be more damage to my car skeletally - I did notice that the fuel cap is no longer flush with the body, so there's been some crumple in the right rear.

SO... I'm all covered by insurance - he's admitted fault etc... so I need a good panel beater - central Auckland preferably.
I'm looking for someone who won't just whack a new bumper on and maybe straighten out the mounts... I'd really like a good experienced eye to assess the sub-structure and get me the full picture of what's happened. Courtesy car option would be cool too (the Legnum's our only car)

So, any suggestions..?

p.s. do Mitsubishi so panel work themselves or just mechanical?

Any recommendations would be greatly received

Brunty
22-04-2006, 12:45 AM
Oh no! Sorry to hear it mate - hope you get everything straightened out at minimal cost/inconvenience to yourself.

bradc
22-04-2006, 01:51 AM
that sucks dude. Kenneth has had his car worked on by the best guys in auckland, I can't remember the name though, you can always ask him tomorrow if you still feel like coming to wellsford

Rossco Type-S
22-04-2006, 02:02 AM
That'll learn you for going to Hamilton!

mpau009
22-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Ouch, really sorry to hear it Jaimz.

My only suggesion would be, maybe it would be a good idea to take it to mitsi for an assessment, even if they cant fix it, they will probably know better than most whats been damaged structurally, and it would put your mind at rest.

Was your drum kit in the car??

GroundControl
22-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Bugger, that sucks :(

Hope it's not too serious and you're back on the road soon

Gly
22-04-2006, 03:14 AM
exclusive panel and paint. out in west auckland i think?

bradc
22-04-2006, 03:37 AM
thats it Gly, exclusive panel and paint are the people to see

Kenneth
22-04-2006, 04:50 AM
Bummer Jaimz... :(

exclusive panel & paint
2/406 Great North Road
Grey Lynn
Auckland
Ph: 376 1429

They are the crowd that modified and fitted my front bumper... Am mighty impressed. Are well worth it. :2thumbsup

Springie
22-04-2006, 04:57 AM
Gutted, where did it happen? up terapa? you got any photos, would be interesting to see the damage.

BraindG
22-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Not another rear ending!...

Glad to hear insurance is all ok, seems like the main worry in NZ.
Lets hope for a speedy recovery!

detonate
22-04-2006, 10:50 AM
:(

sux0r, hopefully all the insurance details go smoothly.

Will you be tagging along with someone tomorrow for the trip to Wellsford?

ShadyNZer
22-04-2006, 02:08 PM
good ol hams aye...

Nick VR4
22-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Bugger sorry to hear this

What is it about VR4's being rear ended :inquisiti

KiwiTT
22-04-2006, 09:33 PM
Hope it can get repaired soon.

jaimz
23-04-2006, 03:09 AM
Thanks everyone for the condolances! Especially you dudes in the UK - international lovin'... mmm... :2thumbsup
Thanks for the Exclusive Panel and Paint suggestion dudes, I'll go see them tomorrow.
Good suggestion from Mike too - get them to do a once over to check structural etc. I did have my drums in the car dude... eveything seems fine there though - they probably get more of a beating when I play them! :drummer:

Springie, it happened on Victoria St - just a couple of traffic lights north of the BP station near the top of town.

Sorry I couldn't make it to the Wellsford run guys - hope it all goes well, and safely considering the dodgy weather!

Kenneth
23-04-2006, 03:18 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it to the Wellsford run guys - hope it all goes well, and safely considering the dodgy weather!

hehe, its GONE! :)

Its a shame you couldn't make it, bad news with your car.

Fortunatly you can ride virtual with KiwiTT as he took video :)