PDA

View Full Version : Those who ran at Pod, what was your technique?

Brind
12-10-2003, 10:08 PM
All three runs I simply pulled up to the lights and waited till orange then removed my foot from brake then planted it on the throttle.

I tried the left foot on brake and raised the revs with my right foot, but heard a nasty graunch so quit!! dunno if the wheels were trying to spin but it sounded like it, but the car didn't go forward, didn't sound very healthy anyway.
Foot was hard down too as I was in the line with other cars, perhaps I gave it too much power too soon... dunno. :confused:

Did anyone try shifting by manual INSERT INTO post VALUES (tiptronic) was that how you managed your time Simon? apart from removing everything from the car. :D

Simon
13-10-2003, 06:16 PM
we were only 0.46 apart...and we've the same filter and exchaust. It has to be the weight difference... all the BIG boys and gals were doing it ...Sumo Power......GT Art.......Me! :rolleyes:

I'll tell you my secret.....dont tell anyone else...pull up... put on hand break.... then take your foot off the foot break...so you are in drive with the hand break on....you wont go anywhere!...then have your foot ready to stamp on the gas...but do remember to let the hand break off! :p

INSERT INTO post VALUES (there he goes.....and whats that smell!:D )

enigma
13-10-2003, 07:25 PM
I preferred the foot brake method, although I am led to believe you can really pile on the revs if you apply the foot brake and handbrake at the same time....................Maybe next time.

SGHOM
13-10-2003, 07:27 PM
yeah !!! but dont leave your engine & box on the start line when you launch !!:D :D

Brind
13-10-2003, 09:08 PM
Hand brake! :rolleyes: I never even thought about that! arse! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (
I remember thinking how awkward it felt with my foot on the brake and then swapping peddles.

My rear wheels weren't moving when I raised the revs with my foot on the brake did they?????? with four wheel drive all four wheels would have wanted to go surely? why the scary noise??

The car isn't damaged in anyway from doing it, but it certainly sounded like the rear wheels were spinning up.

SGHOM
13-10-2003, 09:15 PM
once you master it, it so easy , auto cars have only 2 pedals. 1 for the left foot & 1 for the right. it's easy to get the right balance of revs & hold once your used to it !! I cannot right foot brake in an auto, it feels strange now after years of left foot braking.

Brind
13-10-2003, 09:26 PM
Left foot braking gives me whiplash! :D for some odd reason I can't gauge how hard to press it, used to a manual car and using that foot for the foot to the floor clutch.

Spirit
13-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Tried tip and auto - both identical, also last run turned traction off and made no difference !

Tried revs and no revs, again no difference.

As Simon said, in terms of power alterations I only have induction and exhaust and 0.4s between us - can only be weight difference

........next year gotta have more power :D

Simon
13-10-2003, 10:03 PM
if you're going for more power..............then im starting a diet!;) INSERT INTO post VALUES (less weight!)

Brind
13-10-2003, 10:11 PM
Anyone know what my scary noise was? :Ponder:

As for weight, I had a 6pack of Sprite, food, coats, maps and a Sunday Times newspaper!! :cool:
Had buggerall fuel though.

Spirit
13-10-2003, 10:35 PM
The scarey noise was your ass letting rip mate as you nearly **** your pants ! LOL

Brind
13-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Ah... wondered where I had smelt that awful smell before.:D