PDA

View Full Version : Postage due !

Dream Weaver
22-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Got a card from the postie the other day saying I had a letter at the post office that was being held for having insufficent stamps for its weight. It was actually 3 pence over the limit but good old Royal Mail charged me a £1.00 handling fee.

Went into the post office this morning to collect it, and it turned out to be my Club VR4 membership pack.

Doh !

To whoever sends these, I am not having a pop but it was a bit anoying having to pay £1.03 and the inconvenience of having to make a special trip to the post office.

I am sure its just an oversight, whoever does these is doing a great job (as are all those actively involved with this club) and I am not bothered, just pointing it out.

As I said in my Amsoil posting, I have saved my club membership alone in discount with Amsoil, and the great advice and fun and banter here is priceless.
So no way will I quibble over a quid for that.

Spirit
22-04-2006, 04:45 PM
No-one has ever posted about this issue before, must be your local PO is a bit tighter than the rest /Grrr

Dream Weaver
22-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree, they were being a bit fussy !

Nick VR4
22-04-2006, 05:15 PM
What it costs

Maximum weight First class cost 60g 32p 100g 49p 150g 68p 200g 84p 250g 99p 300g £1.14 350g £1.29 400g £1.49450g £1.70 500g £1.90 600g £2.30 700g £2.69 750g £2.89 800g £3.10900g £3.49 1kg £3.89
What it costs

Maximum weight Second class cost 60g 23p 100g 37p 150g 50p 200g 62p 250g 75p 300g 88p 350g £1.00 400g £1.21 450g £1.39 500g £1.55 600g £1.78 700g £2.01 750g £2.12

Dream Weaver
22-04-2006, 06:48 PM
I will weigh the pack and see how it works out. If OK then Royal Mail will be getting a complaint.

As I said before though, I have no problem with the club stalwarts who give their time freely to keep this club together.

Dream Weaver
22-04-2006, 07:59 PM
weighed it at 144 grams, and there was a 47p stamp on it.

The Vee
23-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Don't understand this, as I regularly have these weighed at the PO as a check when I send the NZ packs (they always have to be weighed). And although I don't see the weight, I'm always given the same price. So, I'll refund your money and get these checked again. I can only think there must be a varience in the weight of the mats. Many appologies for this, but a PM would have been good, so that I could have picked up on this earlier. Has anyone else had this problem?

SGHOM
23-04-2006, 12:17 AM
. Has anyone else had this problem?

nope ? :inquisiti
but just make sure my jacket has enough stamps on !! :5shots: :5shots: :evilgrin: :iloveyou:

The Vee
23-04-2006, 12:20 AM
Don't you worry, you'll see the footprints all over it/pan /pan :iloveyou:

The Vee
23-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Found out what the problem was. Nothing to do with weights. Partly ignorance on my part and partly no advice. As usual went to PO to post packs and was not aware of increase and not advised either. Bit miffed TBH as I'm in there so often - thought they might say "err need another 3p" but hey ho. Anyway checked my records and apart from Dream Weaver, the only others possibly affected are HJM, diddingtonwizard and jerryd_33. If any of these have had the same prob then please shout and it shall be rectified immediately.

Dream Weaver
23-04-2006, 07:15 AM
The Vee

Please don't think of refunding this paltry amount. I am not at all bothered, as I said in my original post I am more than happy with the value for money Clubvr4 provides.

Discounts (just got a good one from AMSOIL), great technical advice (just recently solving my snatchy gearbox problems), decent membership pack (whatever the weight) and priceless humour and banter. Not to mention access to folks like Mo, mr Voodoo, Amsoil and WRD.

Not to mention the great bunch of people on here. I have been on a few Internet car forums and this is the best of the lot. Even the flaming is tongue in cheek !

Some I have been on are downright nasty, with self proclaimed experts giving out often flawed advice, and mods who are arrogant t@ssers. Needless to say I don't bother with them any more.

I sincerely apologise for not PMing.

Thanks to all of the forum members who have provided hours of interesting and fun reading during those periods of boredom at work.

And special thanks to the people, like yourself, who do so much to keep this club the great club it is.

The Vee
23-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Dream Weaver, thanks for the words, we do all appreciate it. Glad you find the club rewarding. I will send the shortfall and costs to you as at the end of the day the mistake lies with me. I understand what you say about the amount, but I'm an old fuddy duddy who likes to see it right!! So thanks once again for your response and carry on enjoying the club:2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Dream Weaver
23-04-2006, 06:52 PM
No seriously, please don't refund £1.03.

I don't mind, honest, and I am sure any other club member would feel the same.

HJM
23-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Almost on topic, we had a similar situation in December - got note, went to pick up from post office (some 7 miles away), paid £1.02 to discover that it was a Christmas card from some friends - who live less than quarter of a mile away /pan /pan

Easily done - they had used old stamps from prior to the price rise!

J :happy:

Paul Beazer
23-04-2006, 07:49 PM
The Vee

Please don't think of refunding this paltry amount. I am not at all bothered, as I said in my original post I am more than happy with the value for money Clubvr4 provides.

Discounts (just got a good one from AMSOIL), great technical advice (just recently solving my snatchy gearbox problems), decent membership pack (whatever the weight) and priceless humour and banter. Not to mention access to folks like Mo, mr Voodoo, Amsoil and WRD.

Not to mention the great bunch of people on here. I have been on a few Internet car forums and this is the best of the lot. Even the flaming is tongue in cheek !

Some I have been on are downright nasty, with self proclaimed experts giving out often flawed advice, and mods who are arrogant t@ssers. Needless to say I don't bother with them any more.

And special thanks to the people, like yourself, who do so much to keep this club the great club it is.

Its a shame some other people dont share those sentiments HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15604)

Dream Weaver
23-04-2006, 08:14 PM
This is a great site and I love it !!!

Liked the comment on that other thread about knackering a gearbox because of not knowing about flushing/correct ATF etc.

The previous gearbox in my Legnum probably went kaput as it had been fed the wrong ATF. Due to the informative thread re. flushing and Amsoil etc (thanks Kieran and Amsoil !!) I now know I can extend the life of my replacement gearbox by use of the correct oil and the correct procedure to flush.

That alone is well worth the £20, which incidentally is less than the VR4 club discount Don gave me.

I rest my case.

BTW - to The Vee, please do not refund my £1.03 as I will just send it back to you and we will end up with nothing due to Paypal fees !

Dream Weaver
25-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Despite me insisting otherwise, got £1.03 in the post this morning.

Hows that for a diamond geezer ?

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

BraindG
25-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Despite me insisting otherwise, got £1.03 in the post this morning.

Hows that for a diamond geezer ?

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup
:2thumbsup

The Vee
25-04-2006, 11:37 PM
No probs, DW, felt it the proper thing to do, despite your generous comments.:2thumbsup :2thumbsup