PDA

View Full Version : thank you

BraindG
13-10-2003, 12:26 AM
just want to thank everyone for attending today.. amazing day.. i battled with the shame from the previous night.. and the hangover from hell.. but.. i cant thank you guys enough for attending.. you are the ones who make the club what it is..

bottoms up to 2004... when INSERT INTO post VALUES (as i said today) my car might actually be able to attend a show!!.... :eek:

Kieran, thanks for the pressie and cards.. very much appreciated.. that money is going towards CVR4.. not me. INSERT INTO post VALUES (just so you know)

well done to Simons stripped car.. after a hard decision, we had to drop zedys quickest time. and award the prize to Simon...

anyways im super tired time for bed..
ill write a more constructive post in the morning. INSERT INTO post VALUES (me so tired :sleep: )

thanks again.. nice meeting everyone!!... bit thanks to pete aswell for the mini bus!.. how cool was that!?

gn

me

tunes
13-10-2003, 12:43 AM
Yeah, sorry i couldn't make it man. Had trouble at customs trying to bring in my wagon as carry on luggage. :D

Simon
13-10-2003, 09:39 AM
I think i can say that everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves as usual. WELL DONE. You're a STAR:thumb:

The club is going from strength to strength. It surprises me that from a varied group of people INSERT INTO post VALUES (thats ment to be a compliment!) that we are all on the same "wavelength". INSERT INTO post VALUES (although some "re-tuning" is sometimes required ;) )

The "cup" will be kept clean and brought back for next year to be re-awarded. We better watch out for Barry and Mo plus others who may have got the bug. A bit of a sour taste was left after Mo running a lot faster time especially with all of his ICE install...i heard he was even watching a DVD at the time!. A simple way for next time INSERT INTO post VALUES (ive picked up on others websites) is to add all three 1/4 mile times, then divide by three to get the average.......

Already waiting for our next meet........and to see the pictures of Barry with no clothes on and a bra on his head:rolleyes: :D ;) :eek: :scared1: :uhoh:

enigma
13-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Hmmmmmm gutted.................Should have stayed to the end to pick up my cup!!! :rize1:

My wagon appeared to beat the lot of you!! :D

When she is running right expect 13's, when she has a sniff of gas you WILL see 12's :cool1:

LOMY
13-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Congratulations Simon on winning the cup :beerclash but i think you will have a struggle to hold on to it next year. As you said the club seems to be going from strength to strength and i suspect the mods will start coming thick and fast from now on.

Simon
13-10-2003, 05:48 PM
You're right about the "mods" but ive identified even more things i can take off the car!!!!!INSERT INTO post VALUES (doors, boot! only joking).My car only has an air filter and HKS exchaust with CAT still in place...no electronic boost controller or other fancy things. It was really to see what less weight would do...possibly saved 0.4 secs over 1/4 mile....but it will all come to tenths in the end.

enigma
13-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Expect to see 12s next time.................................

Kieran
13-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by BraindG
Kieran, thanks for the pressie and cards.. very much appreciated.. that money is going towards CVR4.. not me. INSERT INTO post VALUES (just so you know)

:)
I couldn't have done it if it wasn't for the generosity of the other people involved - Now it's public, I'd just like to thank everyone who chipped in... Thankyou again. Not only is club VR4 full of some great cars INSERT INTO post VALUES (and some VR-4s as well as my GLS, teehee!) but there's lots of great people in it as well.

Donating the money to the club is a very magnanimous thing to do! Good on you!
:beerclash :rize1: :grouphug: :bighug:

mike
13-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Hi all! Thanks for a great day. Good to meet some of you, and chat about all things VR4.

If I didn't chat to you, then I was the white one on the end INSERT INTO post VALUES (the only white one there, at that time anyway); and hopefully next time I'll meet you.

Did anyone get any pictures of the group? I've seen a couple posted on here, but not with me in:INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Cheers guys,
Mike

Spirit
13-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Truly was a great day and I want to thank everyone for coming too ! 2004 looks set to be storming for CVR4 and I for one can't wait.

As Barry said, the decision for the trophy was a tough one and my heart sank when Mo's baby was taken poorly :Cry1:

Simon.....well done mate, your effort was rewarded !

Dave, can't wait to see the 13's next time mate, 12's would be stunning !

calum
14-10-2003, 07:07 PM
Weight removal tips from the experts

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

Calum

Darren
14-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Brilliant :D

Brind
14-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Argh!!! Don't think I'll take that route to get a faster time!! :eek:

enigma
14-10-2003, 10:48 PM
I prefer my method.........seemed to work! And I didn't have to sweat on the day pulling my car to bits and then rebuilding it!

I refer you all again to my mini photos! Incidentally you can catch me building the stupid creation on the 10th November INSERT INTO post VALUES (Provisional) on the Discovery channel at 8ish INSERT INTO post VALUES (Thunder Races)

If you think Richie is mad.....................think of a mini on a rough shale bumpy surface doing 50 mph on its front wheels!! Awesome!