PDA

View Full Version : just changed radio

soapy1978
23-04-2006, 07:04 PM
just changed the radio in my car as didn't think it was that easy to do until i meet up with stuartturbo today when he said all you got to do is pull on it at the bottom i came home and pulled it straight off and changed it over no problem the only thing i had trouble with was getting the pipe for the heater controls to stay on while i pushed it all back in but all in all it was a 20 min job to do so all sorted now all i got to do is run the speaker cables from the back to the front and amp them up for a bit more crystal clear music thought the speakers then job done

darren

BraindG
23-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Yeah, its not so bad..
its when you get used to doing it, and forget that pipe, and the wriing into the controls.. i always forget them.. end up pulling it all out again :(

stuartturbo
23-04-2006, 07:21 PM
glad to be of assistance see ya soon

soapy1978
23-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah, its not so bad..
its when you get used to doing it, and forget that pipe, and the wriing into the controls.. i always forget them.. end up pulling it all out again :(

/Grrr silly billy goat /pan /pan /pan

soapy1978
23-04-2006, 07:23 PM
glad to be of assistance see ya soon

yes cheers again mate

see you soon

dreamer
24-04-2006, 04:36 AM
the only thing i had trouble with was getting the pipe for the heater controls to stay on while i pushed it all back in.
darren

I've put a skinny plastic cable tie around the pipe while it was connected.
It means when I pop off the face, it doesn't fall off, I can then choose to slid it off, and then when I put the pipe back on it fits snug. And I don't have to take the cable tie off each time.

BraindG
24-04-2006, 06:57 AM
It means when I pop off the face, it doesn't fall off, I can then choose to slid it off, and then when I put the pipe back on it fits snug. And I don't have to take the cable tie off each time.
Ah,, cunning..

jervis
24-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Hmm.. what does this pipe actually do? because now that I think about it, I think I left it off when I last ripped my centre console apart ;)

BraindG
24-04-2006, 07:51 AM
it reads the temp, so we can control the incar temperature ...

bernmc
24-04-2006, 08:12 AM
just changed the radio in my car as didn't think it was that easy to do until i meet up with stuartturbo today when he said all you got to do is pull on it at the bottom i came home and pulled it straight off and changed it over no problem the only thing i had trouble with was getting the pipe for the heater controls to stay on while i pushed it all back in but all in all it was a 20 min job to do so all sorted now all i got to do is run the speaker cables from the back to the front and amp them up for a bit more crystal clear music thought the speakers then job done

*Gasp* /stops for breath

Hee! In a hurry, Darren? Here's some punctuation for you to use next time: "'.....,,,,,,!!!!!!????????'''':::::;;;;;;" :D:D:D

soapy1978
24-04-2006, 03:21 PM

i'l have to do that next time it out thanks for that idea