PDA

View Full Version : How much for VR4 Engine

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi all. I bought a 97 VR$ Legnum with a blown torque conv to do a transplant of my power train into.

The previous owner has asked me if I want to sell the engine. I was planning to eventually once I got a better Idea of part prices.

Can anyone give me a rough idea a complete engine with turbos is worth?

It's done 130,00km, and the tapets sound a bit off. Obviously the previous owner thinks it's good enough to buy back.

A price with and without the ECU would be good too if you can.

Cheers!
Aaryn

bradc
24-04-2006, 02:40 AM
I think somewhere around $1500-2500 is fair.

Do you have the transmission? I would be interested in the bell housing if possible?

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 04:32 AM
Cheers mate. I think I'll offer it to them for about $1700. Might ring Dodsons and see what they reckon. Any more price estimates would be good.

Yep, got the whole car and internals. So I've got two complete Legnums. One Auto, one Manual. There are some still straight panels on the pearl white one. Boot, Bonnet, 3 doors, 1 front quarter. But the only other things worth salvaging off it would be the whole interior (minus airbags) and the diffs.

Also a spare set of 18inch rims. They're pretty ugly though.

I'll be posting the parts for sale with pics as I pull them off and check them out and decide what I'm keeping for myself. I'll post them here before Trademe to give you guys the first option.

BradC, You've got first dibs on the Bell Housing and that will definately go.

Reminds me, does anyone have a spare sump and air con unit? I left mine on a road island in Whangaparaoa.....:5shots:

Kenneth
24-04-2006, 04:40 AM
Hey dude, how is the front drivers door? I am looking for one as mine was used to karate chop a big wooden pole :P

mpau009
24-04-2006, 04:48 AM
Yeah, id be keen for a price on the AYC pump too if youv got it, i might be needing a new one...

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 05:52 AM
Kenneth: Hmm, drivers door might be a little buckled from the impact (roof creased) but I'll check next week. Definately no dents but the glass smashed.

Mpau: The AYC gear is hopefully sweet depending on how it takes a little shock, but that will take a little longer to check out and I'll be keeping the best of the two for myself. There was definately no probs with it before the crash, but I'm just not sure about the new one until I get to drive it.

I'll let you know. I'll use this thread to PM first offers to members who ask.

I also need the timing chain cover off the front bank if anyone has one.

bradc
24-04-2006, 06:16 AM
muppsy, I've got a complete spare 6a13tt, so if you need anything like that just let me know. do you just mean the plastic cover? I think my engine has that still on. My engine does have a sump on it, but Kenneth already has first dibs on it. He might be able to give you his one, I beleive it is slightly bent but has no leaks or anything of course :)

How much do you want for the bellhousing?

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Will have to see dude. I havn't even picked the car up yet and I have absolutely no idea what these parts are worth. It'll be cheaper than a wrecker, so if you've been looking around for some one and have a rough idea, I'd rather you make an offer.

I'll trust you and won't hold you to anything.

Gly
24-04-2006, 07:16 AM
hey can i buy all four, 5 stud hubs off you, if so how much....
may also need the rear disks, how much or them

or would you donate them to me?? :D

bradc
24-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I'll ask around a couple of wreckers on wednesday and see what they say. I can't imagine it will be a very popular item though, most people would want the whole gearbox.

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Sweet Brad,

Gly, The disks on the new Leggie are a little rusty, but otherwise fine I guess. You'd probably want to get them skimmed.

I'll let you know when I get them off. and see what sort of knick they're in. Unfortunately, the car wasn't drivable(tourque converter) and I was only really concerned about the body so I can't vouch for that state of anything just yet.

You have first pickings of the discs and hubs when they go.

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Gly, why do you want to change to 5 stud by the way?

Gly
24-04-2006, 07:43 AM
sweet,

i only need the hubs at this stage, not the carriers.

got an idea of the price you want? (cheap how else really wants hubs?? lol)

if you need a hand breaking it im keen on helping out.

when do you get the car??

Gly
24-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Gly, why do you want to change to 5 stud by the way?

more wheel options...

looking getting these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=54468881

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/6/14642106_full.jpg

or these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Wheels-tyres/Alloy-wheels/auction-54221456.htm

http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/90/13178590_full.jpg

bradc
24-04-2006, 07:51 AM
those first ones are REALLY nice Carsten, you should get those ones :)

Gly
24-04-2006, 07:56 AM
are you saying that coz you want the second ones, LOL :D

Gly
24-04-2006, 08:10 AM
so if it has a non-woodgrain dash, DIBS, lol

bradc
24-04-2006, 08:12 AM
nope, I have no desire for 18's. Check out the 255 do fit on a Legnum thread for my favourite sort of mags at the moment

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Gly,

Gotcha Bro. Wood grain a-go-go. Both Ashley and Mary-Kate have got them however the sunglass holder is poked on both cars. Looking at them I'd be pretty impressed if anyone has one still in one peice. Do you need the aircon control and shifter surround too? Seen a guy trying to sell one on Trade me for $80 without the shifter surround.

Just give me a little time dude. I really have no idea what these bits are worth and i don't want to look like a dick by asking too much. All I can say is they will be cheaper for you guys than trade me. Give back to the community so-to-speak. Swaps are cool too. I aint gunna try make a profit out of Mary-Kate.

I pick Ashley up in MataMata tomorrow, drive her to Keri Keri on a truck, dump her beside Mary-Kate and drive straight back to AKL. So you'll be looking at a week or so before I start stripping the twins. Man I love the sound of that.

bradc
24-04-2006, 08:58 AM
I remember when I had both my GDi and my VR-4 for about a month or so, that was a good time :) I like the names, but I think your twins are a little bit young to start stripping them, only 9 years old :P

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 09:20 AM
That's sick dude.:inquisiti

Ha, I just couldn't think of any other drop dead gorgeous twins to describe two VR4 Leggies.

Luckily, the real twins turn 20 this year. Un-luckily, I don't think a VR4 will impress them all that much, even if they are named in their honour.

bradc
24-04-2006, 09:23 AM
it's ok, mine is 7 coming up to 8 at the end of the year and Kenneth's is only 4 /pan

did you see my pic in your other thread?

Muppsy
24-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Gly, those 1st rims look very similar to Konig Unknowns, which is what I've got on mine. Konig make some primo wheels:

I like the second ones too. Clean and simple.

Gly
23-05-2006, 07:20 AM
hows this coming along?? ready to sell any parts yet??

Muppsy
23-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Here you go dude. Posted from scratch so it's in the right place:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=155984#post155984