PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interests... Facelift Leggy VR4

vampirej
24-04-2006, 02:02 PM
A friend of mine is selling his motor which I'm very interested in, but it will mean that I will have to sell mine...
Do you think I'm asking too much for mine @ £6000 ono?

It's completely standard, well, apart from an after market BOV and HID fitted.

It's 1998, purple legum, with full Recaro interior, 49k miles. Will be sold with a TV monitor, but no DVD player, although it will be sold with a CD / MP3 player, single disc.

adam_shaw
24-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Sounds about right... good luck :-)

A

WildCards
24-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Whats your mate selling then?

vampirej
24-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Whats your mate selling then?
Civic Type R (EK-9)...

WildCards
24-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Civic Type R (EK-9)...

Eh? :speechles That's not a direction I thought you'd be going. Has it got many mods then? I'd have a DC5 over an EK9 personally, although EK9's are like rocking horse sh!te.

Good luck mate :2thumbsup

vampirej
24-04-2006, 03:22 PM
It's probably that I have always wanted an EK-9, and I'd too go for a DC-5 but I had an EP-3 previously, so I thought I'd probably go for that, that's considering I could sell this car and I have not yet made my mind up...
He hasn't done a lot to it and I know the car's history, that's one of the reasons why I'm moving towards that direction...

WildCards
24-04-2006, 03:26 PM
It's probably that I have always wanted an EK-9, and I'd too go for a DC-5 but I had an EP-3 previously, so I thought I'd probably go for that, that's considering I could sell this car and I have not yet made my mind up...
He hasn't done a lot to it and I know the car's history, that's one of the reasons why I'm moving towards that direction...

I presume you know alot about them?

Did you see the JTuner issue with the black one on the cover a few months ago? Looked lovely.

Best of luck whatever you decide. Although you'll struggle to keep up with a VR4 on the straight you should give one a run for it's money on a track.

vampirej
24-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I presume you know alot about them?

Did you see the JTuner issue with the black one on the cover a few months ago? Looked lovely.

Best of luck whatever you decide. Although you'll struggle to keep up with a VR4 on the straight you should give one a run for it's money on a track.
Haahaa... yeah, he took the Leggy out for a drive last night on the A43, and his initial reaction for off the light acceleration was "Hell yeah... this is more like it!!"...
I don't know what to do... /pan /pan

bradc
24-04-2006, 09:49 PM
why on earth would you go backwards 2 cylinders, 2 wheel drive, 2 turbos, and down to an 18 year old kid's car?

pezza
24-04-2006, 09:57 PM
The Civic EK9 Type R is quite a pokey motor.. the 1.6vtec stock develops about 185 and with lil work on airflow exhaust and minor vtec mapping can hit 200. Yes it may be a lil more strained but its only 1100 kg...

In a UK roadtest mag a factory standard japanese import was tested and hit 100kph in approx 5.7sec....

A pal of mine races them and on track they are well balanced...

It's a totally different kind of car to VR4 tho...

bradc
24-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I know that they are quite fast, but they are a completely differant sort of car as you say, big and relaxed versus small and needing to rev quite high.

pezza
24-04-2006, 10:15 PM
My days of having to change gear manually all the time are over :D ... I will stick with VR4 for now /yes Just wishI had cruise..

..anyways... good luck with the gauging of interest Jon! I will race you round that bend off the M4 (jn 4?) when you get your civic! :D

WildCards
25-04-2006, 10:54 AM
I like the little Civic's. On the road handling was always quite poor apparently because they were all setup for the track, but around a track they'd be awesome, light, grippy, responsive. I reckon on a complicated track it would have a VR4. It will cost alot less to run aswell, which isn't a bad thing.

As Brad said, completely different car so is a little unfair to compare. You need to think about what sort of driving you're going to be doing though.

vampirej
25-04-2006, 02:35 PM
I haven't decided whether to go for the EK-9 yet, I know that they are fun and I know and have worked with Hondas...
Just wanted to see how much I could sell this for, and whether the price sounds about right to start things off.

Thanks for the input guys.

WildCards
25-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry, yes, the price seems pretty competitive for a facelift, you shouldn't have any probs selling mate.

Davezj
02-05-2006, 04:39 PM
I would be interested for the right price and condition. let me know if you a going to take the plunge. I know i have missed out on cars i have umm'ed and ahh'ed about. so give me a PM and we can talk.

pezza
02-05-2006, 05:14 PM
It is a goodun Davezj .... /yes

Vampz would you consider a DC2 maintained by honda racing.. got taken out in an import a pal is selling and could not believe how well this car handled esp round corners..only weighed 1090kgs only 10 more than EK9, no ABS Aircon or Airbags...

What mods have you done so far on your leggie BTW??

vampirej
02-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I still haven't decided whether I will be selling, but should know soon... as I might well have to sell it for the new job...
Davezj, I will let you know mate... and I don't want to sell it until I sorted out the gearbox TC seal leak either.
Pezza, so far I have only done EBC pads (redstuff) and DTA BOV, other than that, the car is completely standard.
Oh, I just changed the engine oil and air filter this weekend... heehee

Davezj
09-05-2006, 07:06 AM
have you made your choice yet?

to sell or not to sell that is the question!

Davezj
11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
come on Vampy. sell your car.

Just want to know what colour is the interior?
i know it is Recaro but is it the Black and red or is it the all black style or the half and half laether and alcantera. you tell me, or pm me. some info and pics, That will do the trick.

vampirej
13-05-2006, 11:48 AM
come on Vampy. sell your car.

Just want to know what colour is the interior?
i know it is Recaro but is it the Black and red or is it the all black style or the half and half laether and alcantera. you tell me, or pm me. some info and pics, That will do the trick.
Hey Davez,

Sorry for the delay in replying, didn't get a chance to come on here recently.
It's come to terms that I will have to sell the car in the near future, ~about 4-6 weeks as I have to apply for the replacement of the V5 document (the dealer still hasn't sent me it and all I have is the new owner slip. Once I have that sorted out, I will post the official thread to sell it.
The interior is black and red...
One thing though, there's a slow gearbox leak and I was going to get that fixed before selling the beast. However, it looks like I won't be able to get it fixed in time now. Make me an offer when you see the official thread, don't want you waiting around whilst I'm waiting for the V5.
Let me know what you think.

Jon

Davezj
23-05-2006, 06:21 PM
PM me some pics and take look