PDA

View Full Version : Theme park?

Nick Mann
24-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Following a suggestion - what about something completely different?

How about a weekend at a theme park?

Select the option(s) that fits you, and I'll take it from there.

Wodjno
24-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Blackpool as it also has Night Life :2thumbsup :5shots:

Nick Mann
24-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Don't forget it's a multiple answer poll!!

WildCards
24-04-2006, 08:09 PM
I picked Alton Towers, but in reality I doubt I can't come anytime this year. Will do our best though if it gets off the ground.

BraindG
24-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Go alton Park! - actually.. i could get us room in Blackpool as an ex colleague has a B&B there! :D

Kieran
24-04-2006, 08:25 PM
What a brilliant Idea! Something not to do with cars for a chance! Genius.

Voted!:scholar:

BraindG
24-04-2006, 08:26 PM
...for a chance! Genius.

Your a grat spella! :scholar: :happy:

Kieran
24-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Your a grat spella! :scholar: :happy:

Go and shove a pineapple up your arse.

How's that spelt?!/Grrr

/Devil5

WildCards
24-04-2006, 09:20 PM

How's that spelt?!/Grrr

/Devil5

/haz /haz /haz /haz

Well done mate, very good.

Slimshady
24-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I voted other – I think a proper camping weekend would be a good meet

Slim

The Vee
25-04-2006, 12:06 AM

How's that spelt?!/Grrr

/Devil5

O....U....C.....H i would imagine/pan

Don't really mind which venue, time off is more my restriction

KiwiTT
25-04-2006, 12:36 AM
We did think of an event i.e. Go-Karts, but in reality the most fun is to be had actually driving our cars. Someone should hunt out some good "B" roads (where there less traffic) and prepare a run.

Spirit
25-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Someone should hunt out some good "B" roads (where there less traffic) and prepare a run.

Ahhh, Southern Meets generally fit this bill :2thumbsup

Have voted in the poll, and like most it will be date dependant.

Pescha
25-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Awwwww what about a 'theme party' mmmmmmmm now what can I came as?????

Oppps sorry Hijacking!

WildCards
25-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Someone should hunt out some good "B" roads (where there less traffic) and prepare a run.

A North Wales meet would be good for this too. mmm EVO Triangle.

Pescha
25-04-2006, 09:01 AM
We did think of an event i.e. Go-Karts, but in reality the most fun is to be had actually driving our cars. Someone should hunt out some good "B" roads (where there less traffic) and prepare a run.

I've been told the roads out to Port Waikato would be awesome for our cars... Thats coming from a milk tanker driver (my step father in law, who drives that road regularly), he knows how I like to drive, so I bet they would be the bomb!

But realistically the weather is starting to get a little wild, so I would suggest doing that run in Spring....

NevGroom
25-04-2006, 09:06 AM
I like the camping idea ........... !

RED
25-04-2006, 09:09 AM
I have sat on the fence and said it depends on the date. End of July beginning of August is a definate no for me and Marcus as I will be otherwise engaged :baby: A theme park may be better overall as most of us will have the kids in tow but if we could sort out sitters for the night then a drunken orgy in Blackpool takes my vote too:5shots: :evilgrin:

WildCards
25-04-2006, 09:13 AM
a drunken orgy in Blackpool takes my vote too:5shots: :evilgrin:

No one else has mention a drunken orgy Red? But when in Rome...

RED
25-04-2006, 09:19 AM
No one else has mention a drunken orgy Red? But when in Rome...

Mmmm didn't quite mean it like that but I'm blaming my hormones at the mo - so I'll get me coat/lol

WildCards
25-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Mmmm didn't quite mean it like that but I'm blaming my hormones at the mo - so I'll get me coat/lol

/haz

Slimshady
02-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Going back to a camping theme – I have just spent the weekend camping at Banham Zoo – the camp site is excellent (has 4 stars) apart from hearing the Zebras shagging every 4 hours (very loud) and a bit of rain on Monday it was another perfect camping trip.

This year we noticed a Goldwing event and a Lotus super 7’s event going down.

The camp site is geared up for rally’s and events due to being located within spitting distance from Snetterton Race track and the Lotus factory. By day you can hear the sound of power generated from the race cars – by night the brags of drivers – (well quietly this is a nice camp site).

Snetterton offers track days (check out the link below) Quote from the site:

“At all of our track days we have helmets available as well as instructors to give in car tuition and out of car advice on getting round the track at optimum speed. All passengers / spectators are free on the majority of our days.”

From the site I think the days are between £100 & £150 that’s all day + instructors tuition

The Zoo is pay once and get in free for the rest of your stay

Norfolk has a lot of other activities available but I am sure you all want to hear about the race tracks and unbelievable B roads.

Banham Zoo
http://www.banhamzoo.co.uk/template.php?languageId=1

Applewood Camping Park
http://www.banhamzoo.co.uk/template.php?sectionId=26

Snetterton Race track
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/snetterton/trackdays/trackdays.asp?circuit=sn&type=Car

Lotus Cars (holds factory visits)
http://www.grouplotus.com/

Just a suggestion at the moment – this event could be held all over the UK at a different venue but I thought I would propose it now because something of this nature could take a long time to organize.