PDA

View Full Version : how do i get rid of the red SRS light?

KEENY
24-04-2006, 11:37 PM
hello again peeps

i took out my passenger seat the other day to get a 5p out that was stuck in the track.

there was a plug attached to the chair which i unplugged in order to get the seat out, i plugged it back in but the SRS light on the dash wont go out.

i tried disconnecting the battery for a minute hoping that would re-set it but it had no effect. i have also checked to make sure i plugged the connector in right and its fine.

any thoughts??

Kenneth
24-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Ok, the SRS light will come on if the airbag circuit is broken while there is power on. So don't do it again /pan (ie: have car off, or even unplug the battery)

In NZ you cant get WOF (similar to your MOT) with the SRS light on, so you need to get it turned off.

You will have to find someone with a scan tool that can turn it off. Namely a mitsi dealer. They may or may not charge you as they usually try and tell you that they need to "check the SRS system to make sure its all ok"

I was fortunate, like you I found this out the hard way... but my mechanic knew someone with a scanner that could read the diagnostic codes and was able to turn the SRS light off.

Good luck :)

KEENY
25-04-2006, 04:37 AM
bugger, lol.

the car is going for a service on the 8th so i will see if they can do it before taking it to mitsi,

thanks