PDA

View Full Version : Allo !!!!!!!

stuey
27-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Morning all, just joined the VR4 ranks. Bought a 96' Legnum estate. Manual, black, low miles, imported year ago. Seems pretty original but you never know with cars like this. I'll put some pictures up when I get the chance.

Will have have loads of qestions to ask I'm sure as I'm a curious bugger, and hate not knowing how things work.

First Impresions are, great acceleration, feels nice and solid, fairly well equipped, brakes not bad but struggling a little (why I presume people do the EVO upgrade, will be quizzing you lot about that) fair bit of road noise.

I'm up for for a few easy mods (intake/exhaust ?) but it is my daily driver so fuel and reliabilty fairly relevant, and I've got a very quick modified 77' chevy camaro for stupid driving.

Anyone in NW London ???

Stu...

bradc
27-04-2006, 10:19 AM
First of all welcome to the club, when will you be able to put up pictures? The bremo's are a popular mod, but you need to change quite a few things on your car to get the ABS working properly with the Brembo's. If you do a search you'll find plenty of info about it

Nick Mann
27-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Welcome! Pezza is in your neck of the woods. Probably more but I lose track. Do you have access to the world map found in the drop down when you click the clubvr4 tab at the top of the page?

Best way to find info on the cars is ask us, search these forums, join these forums and (probably the best way) come to a meet to talk to us about a subject which we never tire of!

BraindG
27-04-2006, 10:53 AM
/Wyhy, welcome to the Site.

The Search function should be able to provide you with all the information you'll ever need..

BraindG
27-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Welcome! Pezza is in your neck of the woods. Probably more but I lose track. Do you have access to the world map found in the drop down when you click the clubvr4 tab at the top of the page?

Members only im afraid.

WildCards
27-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Hello, welcome ^^ wot that lot said ^^

stuey
27-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Cheers chaps. many thanks for de warm welcome. I think I already had some contact wth Pezza re some wheels. so will chase him up. look forward to forum-ing and maybe a meet someday..
S

Spirit
27-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the club mate, and looking forward to seeing some pix :2thumbsup

stuey
04-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Right here's some pics I hope.
nice front shot, i do love the agressive front end of these.
http://image38.webshots.com/39/3/95/36/2037395360069136111UZZsoA_fs.jpg
rear, with my 77' camaro sitting next door.
http://image51.webshots.com/51/7/51/8/2887751080069136111SzWIfX_fs.jpg

Ideas anyone????. I need to find a vr4 knowledgable garage in nw london ish, for servicing and initial checkover.
And sort out stuff like this (below), and tell me that the road rumble/slight vibration on braking is normal and hopefully not a bearing/bushing/ball joint, and to find odd any clank on hard cornering, (exhaust bracket maybe ??)

http://image46.webshots.com/46/7/13/49/2101713490069136111BTUgHd_fs.jpg
split engine mount rubber,

Brunty
04-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Jesus! That's big!!!!

Welcome to the club Stuey - brakes (at least std ones) are the galants weak point sounds as though yours are slightly warped.

Noises whilst cornering are worrying - there have been a few recalls which could account for this problem (clunks from the front), AYC pump can make noises (graunching I think) - as can exhaust brackets! Sounds like you'll identify this fairly quickly.

As said SEARCH is your friend, otherwise someone more technically minded will be along soon to help. Car looks nice hope you have many happy miles together.

Welcome the CVR4.

Steve

ritch_w
04-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Stuey

National discs & pads are the 1st stop to upgrade your brakes - join up for £20 and get the club discount - u will save your membership fee on the costs of the brakes alone:afro:

stuey
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
sorry saved pics too big..
I was gonna change discs and pads to drilled/slotted etc.. but in my paperwork I found receipts for complete new set only few months ago by previous owner, and vibration only slight and may not be discs as it's not in the pedal..
I'll do a search on here, and maybe try and get under the var properly now it's warm see what i can see !!!
cheers for the advice, i'm sure i'll get round to joining club soon.

Nick Mann
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Can you make it to Silverstone a week saturday? There are a whole load of us there for a rolling road day, so we could have a butchers and tell you what we think.

soapy1978
05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
yes welcome to the site mate and come along to the rr on the 13th of this mouth you'll meet lots of us and get to know the do and don't of the vr4 that one of the mean reasons i going

stuey
05-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Great thanks for the invite. Sounds good, Rolling Road near Silverstone on sat 13th. I looked on the calender but couldn't see details. Can someone give me address and times etc... presume it's in the day as I've gotta back for work that night.
Be good to meet up with some owners and see what I've got myself into with this VR4 lark !!

Nick Mann
05-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Have a look in UK Events - Rolling Road Day. Sorry - I haven't really done anything about the calendar.