PDA

View Full Version : Back to reality...

Kieran
13-10-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, it is tomorrow - back to work!:(

What a brilliant weekend... We both enjoyed it, although the noisy exhausts weren't helping Alex's hangover a great deal:D:D

So.... Has my cunning plan worked then, or not? I know the answer to that, but what do you lot think then?....

A bit of suspense for you all (if you're that bothered!)....

SGHOM
13-10-2003, 07:24 PM
I think Alex would love you to buy her a VR4, !!! on condition she can have a party every saturday night with club VR4 ! :D :D

enigma
13-10-2003, 07:27 PM
She seemed pretty keen to me! ;)

Kieran
13-10-2003, 08:45 PM
Hehehe....

Well, the answer is a conditional Yes!
Yipee! :boing4:

I think the fact that they're quite like my GLS in many ways (but faster and with a nicer interior) has dissolved the reservations she had - I think she was worried that they were a bit 'Max Power'...

The condition is that I can only get one when I can afford to - and that's not going to be anytime soon:Cry1:. I'm thinking that getting one of the last ones imported to the UK by Ralliart sometime downstream is the way to go, but that would mean no cool jap telly:mad:

In the meantime, I've also got the green light to start meddling with the GLS's interior - An insurance friendly way to go. I liked the black on black of the VR4, and I think the end-of-line UK galants came with that oh-so-lovely light up dash that you lot enjoy, so I shall be checking if they can be retrofitted or not!

What a result! Cheers Guys!:thumb: :bow: :thumb1:

Nick Mann
13-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Fantastic!

I can honestly say that the day you get it, you will remember what it was like to be 5 years old on christmas eve night! :D

Maybe next year in time for the I.O.M.?

Kieran
13-10-2003, 09:22 PM
I doubt it somehow:(:Cry1:

Things like buying a house have more of a priority at the moment. I'm doubtful that I'll be able to squirrel away that amount of cash so soon... But never say never:)

Brind
13-10-2003, 09:24 PM
HAHA!! nice one Kieran! we knew she'd see sense. :cool:

It is worth the wait.

SGHOM
13-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Keiran, why start messing around with your gls, when you plan to buy a VR4 in the not to distant future ?? :Ponder: I dont think it will increase the value when you come to trade up ?? you may be better off not spending on it & saving your hard earned money for a future purchase. you really ought to try the VR4 first, before you indulge in one. I did say I'd let you drive mine at the pod, but obviously it was far too crowded for that to be, plus my gear box was f****d !!:Cry1: if you want, & if I can find the time, [ your only 40 mins from me ] I'll stick to my promise, & let you & Alex try out my car for an afternoon.

Kieran
13-10-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by interlec
Keiran, why start messing around with your gls, when you plan to buy a VR4 in the not to distant future ??

You're quite right of course. And I know it's not at all likely to help resale - infact, I dare say it'd hinder them!
I could ask you the same question about your mods though. OK, so you've already got a VR-4, but you could get a newer one sooner if you hadn't brought the mods, or you could have had those lash adjusters fixed with the money you've saved, etc, etc.

It's more about spending a little bit in the near(ish) future to personalise the GLS and make it more enjoyable. Obviously, if the cost will run into megapounds, then I'll leave well alone.

calum
14-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Why wait at this price?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.asp?id=200335109063955

Calum

BraindG
14-10-2003, 07:18 PM
:cool1: all that for 2.0 secs :confused:

Spirit
15-10-2003, 12:24 AM
Blimey that's a cheap Legnum !