PDA

View Full Version : judder in transmission

Andyman110
27-04-2006, 07:39 PM
just bought 1997 leggie first english owner. ive noticed the car sometimes judders as though transmission is struggling is this normal?:inquisiti

Funkstar
27-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Is it only when its cold? Get the car warmed up and check the oil, could be low on ATF. This often happens on mine.

Could also be the wrong type of oil in or just needs a good flush and oil change.

If you upgrade to memeber status, there is loads of info in there by Kieran on how to flush and change the ATF. He should be along soon.

Best of luck.

Kieran
27-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome to ClubVR-4!

Common problem. In it's initial stages, nothing to worry about, but you should fix sooner rather than later. If you leave it, you will regret it! /help

Do a search on 'Shudder' for more information.:2thumbsup

/Edit:

Having just done that search myself, it's not as easy to find the link as I thought..... So click the link below for my tale. I dealt with the problem quickly (Full transmission flush, filter and Amsoil ATF, which is the ONLY ATF in the UK as far as we know that meets the SP-II fluid spec required by the VR-4) and the problem has never blighted me since.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9764&highlight=shudder

richy rich
27-04-2006, 09:21 PM
hello and welcome/wave

as k said atf flush and change

we at wrd can do this for if you are close

see below

Andyman110
30-04-2006, 04:20 PM
cheers guys. where abouts are you richy WRD motersport im in northampton.
and how much would you want?

Andyman110
30-04-2006, 04:35 PM
can mail me direct andy@islesville.wanadoo.co.uk
cheers

matt mowbray
30-04-2006, 09:41 PM
been out in mine today, 97 auto vr4 saloon, doing about 60 and floored it to pass aline of traffic. the box changed down but shuddered so violently i had to shut off. tried it afew more times same problem. it will change ok if i accelerate hard, but not flat out, and in tiptronic i have no poblems at all. ANY IDEAS WILL BE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED

richy rich
30-04-2006, 10:11 PM
yes your prob is as andyman110 so same answers

if we at wrd can help pls pm myself or wouter