PDA

View Full Version : New Twin Pipes and Private Plate.

thehedgepig
28-04-2006, 05:19 PM
She's starting to come together slowly.... The guys at Exhausts UK did a fab job.

Bolt in bolt out Decat and twin stainless pipes, they even fitted the plastic cover I had bought to match the original side.

Only 1 slight niggle though. Its actually nosier inside the car than outside. I have just driven back from Sheffield (115 Miles) and I AM DEAF (Pardon?) Its like sitting with a TVR Tuscan muffler 5 inches from each ear !!!! (What was that you said?)

Any thoughts on how to quieten it down please feel free to shout in my general direction!

Wodjno
28-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Looks good :2thumbsup

Have you gone for the straight thru !

Have you got a silencer on 1 side or both, 1 Large or 2 small ?

Is it a centre split or from 1 side to the other..

How many resonators is there ??

Is it 2 1/2 inch, 3 inch or more ??

BraindG
28-04-2006, 05:29 PM

Have you gone for the straight thru !

Have you got a silencer on 1 side or both ?

Is it a centre split or from 1 side to the other..

How many resonators is there ??

Is it 2 1/2 inch, 3 inch or more ??

Sooo, many questions... so... little time..

Dereks was pretty darn loud with the decat off..

Wodjno
28-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Sooo, many questions... so... little time..

Dereks was pretty darn loud with the decat off..

How can we answer his question of loudness ?? If we don't know what system he has :inquisiti

thehedgepig
28-04-2006, 05:57 PM

Q. Have you gone for the straight thru !

A. I think so !!

Q. Have you got a silencer on 1 side or both, 1 Large or 2 small ?

A. One on each side, 2 small.

Q. Is it a centre split or from 1 side to the other..

A. Centre split.

Q. How many resonators is there ??

A. WTF are those meant to be?

Q. Is it 2 1/2 inch, 3 inch or more ??

A. 2 1/2 inch

Any more questions I can't answer please feel free to ask :thinking:

Wodjno
28-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Any more questions I can't answer please feel free to ask :thinking:

Thats good for a start :2thumbsup

Resonators are small inline silencers that look like 12" to 18" lontg
baked bean tins.. They will be in the exhaust that is downstream from the Decat but before the centre split.. ! Mine has 2..?

See Here for my set up..http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8602&highlight=zorst

In the 4th Pic, you can see my 2 resonators in line..

Have you any pics of directly under the car :thinking:

Having 2 small silencers to start with will be louder than 1 larger 1:thinking: but this also depends on the type of silencer.. Make and the type of sound deadening material used..

Also if you have No Cat, that will be noisier.. If there are no small resonators in line then having 1 or 2 added will be the easiest answer.. :happy:

thehedgepig
28-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I have just had a look under the car and it has no resonators fitted and here is a picture of the mufflers... That is all there is I'm afraid between the decat pipe and the tailpipes.... Pretty much makes sense now that it would be loud.

Must do more research before parting with cash in future me thinks !!

WildCards
28-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Do you notice any performance improvement HP? Looks nice mate, I really like the exhausts either side look (full duplex?) on an estate.

Wodjno
28-04-2006, 07:21 PM
I have just had a look under the car and it has no resonators fitted and here is a picture of the mufflers... That is all there is I'm afraid between the decat pipe and the tailpipes.... Pretty much makes sense now that it would be loud.

Must do more research before parting with cash in future me thinks !!

I think we've found the answer.. :2thumbsup

2 Wincy silencers.. /pan You can quiten it down a bit by putting your cat back in.. And that won't cost anything either.. :happy:

Does look nice though..:D

Nick VR4
28-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Ohhh that looks nice :2thumbsup

thehedgepig
28-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Do you notice any performance improvement HP? Looks nice mate, I really like the exhausts either side look (full duplex?) on an estate.

Not really tried anything yet as all I have done is drive home from Sheffield, and to be honest when your sitting in the acoustic version of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" acceleration was the last thing on my mind!

On a much happier note (/pan ) The other half has had another blond moment....

" You could always just put a louder stereo in it!"

Pure class and another one for the "BOOK" !!

WildCards
28-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Not really tried anything yet as all I have done is drive home from Sheffield, and to be honest when your sitting in the acoustic version of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" acceleration was the last thing on my mind!

/haz Does she have a sister?

richy rich
28-04-2006, 08:15 PM

my wife didn't like mine at first but she know just turns the stereo up loader

pezza
28-04-2006, 08:31 PM
That looks sooooo schweet m8... perfect... like RS6 setup.

Not so good news if its that noisy inside. I hope replacing the CAT will help deaden the drone.

I wasn't thinking about changing my exhuast but ..... :thinking: that looks superb!

Are you thinking about debadging the back of the car too? Hmmm

bradc
28-04-2006, 09:31 PM
It looks like you've used a pair of stock exhaust tips from a distance, very nice :D

Mine is equally loud, I find that from about 2100-2300 it drones quite badly, but around 2500rpm it is quiet. Above that it starts to get louder and louder and louder :D If you look in my Gallery you'll see pics of my twin setup. I've got one small resonator, then two small straight through mufflers.

The best part of my exhaust setup is that if you lift off from 4000rpm+ you get a lot of pops from BOTH exhausts as the car winds down. it's amazing to hear :)

richy rich
28-04-2006, 10:06 PM
mine pops nice as well

WildCards
29-04-2006, 04:00 PM
mine pops nice as well

mine too :happy:

Rossco Type-S
29-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Mine is equally loud, I find that from about 2100-2300 it drones quite badly, but around 2500rpm it is quiet. .....

I bet it is not as bad as a new shape Honda Accord V6 Mugen. I drove my bosses one the other day..between about 2000 and 2500 rpm the exhaust drone makes it feel like your head is going to explode. At any other rev ranges it sounds like the engine is switched off.

Physician
30-04-2006, 01:33 AM
Similar to my set-up except I went for quad outlets rather than twins.

Wodj is right that it's the two small cans (same as mine, same Company) which generate the sound. I've also gone deaf!

But they do sound sweet ..........

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Movies/exhsound.mov

BraindG
30-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I've also gone deaf!

eh?

But they do sound sweet ..........

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Movies/exhsound.mov
Yeah, that they do... not sure if i could cope with it though, day in day out..

detonate
30-04-2006, 04:26 AM
looks nice _b

caishanvr4
30-04-2006, 11:40 AM
If you look in my Gallery
There he goes again about his gallery like in every other post /Devil5 /STP

Hedgepig your zorst looks perfect mate :2thumbsup shame about the noise tho, hopefully you can get it solved.

But if you look in my Gallery 1000 times then you will see what your exhaust looked like b4 the twin set up you have now http://www.lancer-evo.net/community/images/smiles/mhihi.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:emoticon%28%27:muhaha:%27%29)

bradc
30-04-2006, 08:24 PM
it's just so much easier to reference my gallery than post up pictures every 5 minutes of stuff that is already there.