PDA

View Full Version : Galant V6

ritch_w
23-04-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi I've just bought a Galant V6 sport, i know its not a VR4 - and never will be, but its still a great car and this looks like the best Galant website i've seen!!!

my questions are;

are any VR4 parts interchangable? i.e suspension, exhaust etc
where can i go for
ECU remap
Suspension upgrade
Exhaust upgrade

any recommended Galant websites/ performance websites etc etc

Thanks in advance

Petrolhead
23-04-2003, 09:33 AM
There's a few V6 Sports floating about Glasgow, and they have the same body kit as the VR4, I was all excited when I seen them passing, lol.

Ummmm, can't answer your questions though, I'm not long had the car, sorry.

BraindG
23-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by ritch_w
Hi I've just bought a Galant V6 sport, i know its not a VR4 - and never will be, but its still a great car and this looks like the best Galant website i've seen!!!

my questions are;

are any VR4 parts interchangable? i.e suspension, exhaust etc
where can i go for
ECU remap
Suspension upgrade
Exhaust upgrade

any recommended Galant websites/ performance websites etc etc

Thanks in advance

your looking at the only galant website in the UK, theres some in the US (http://www.tgc-forums.com)/Hong Kong INSERT INTO post VALUES ( I think) (http://www.galantspeed.com) Both have some good info..

- Exhaust, well you can do a search on the forums here, thers a couple posts about it.

- ECU Remap, not sure of specific places, however it can be done. Mines getting done just now.

- Suspension im still trying to figure out whats best. Then document it.

Spirit
23-04-2003, 10:43 PM
<<<<<<INSERT INTO post VALUES (In too lazy/tired to look mode....)

what engine code is yours mate ? e.g. 6A13 etc

Pete

jaysback
24-04-2003, 06:47 AM
who you getting to map your ecu?
i see on the {caugh}superchips website they reckon on 30 brake, but at what boost etc?
was thinking about getting a apexi avcr, but want to get the tunes sorted out first.
jay

haydar
20-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by jaysback
who you getting to map your ecu?
i see on the {caugh}superchips website they reckon on 30 brake, but at what boost etc?
was thinking about getting a apexi avcr, but want to get the tunes sorted out first.
jay

Superchips told me they didn't have anything for the VR4!!!:Ponder:

I'm also interested in the ECU remap, especially if it'll give me back my 20BHP I recently lost due to me car being a pre-1998 tiptronic!!! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (