PDA

View Full Version : BMC Air Filter

Axeboy
30-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi All

I have a BMC air filter for either the VR4 or the V6....

Its brand new, but without box. Same idea and construction (as far as i can tell) as the K&N.

I bought this and put it on the car but never used it as i got the ARC box.

Looking for £30 posted.

/Poms

cheese
30-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Axeboy, have you got any pictures??

Cheers John

Axeboy
30-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Will get some later today.... :)

Axeboy
30-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Piceroonies.....

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6700/image1190lt.jpg

flib1
01-05-2006, 01:10 AM
hello, just checking will this just replace the old airfilter or will the airbox need a bit of modification? If it's a straight fit for an 8g and Cheese doesn't want it, i'll take it. Also could you me if it needs oiling and (i'm going to sound a bit stupid here but...) does it come with special air filter oil or what kind of oil would I need?
Thanks very much
Dan

cheese
01-05-2006, 11:06 AM
hello, just checking will this just replace the old airfilter or will the airbox need a bit of modification? If it's a straight fit for an 8g and Cheese doesn't want it, i'll take it. Also could you me if it needs oiling and (i'm going to sound a bit stupid here but...) does it come with special air filter oil or what kind of oil would I need?
Thanks very much
Dan

Hi Dan, I was ideally after a cone type filter, so if you want it mate it's all yours.

John

Axeboy
01-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Straight fit and it wont need oiled as its just been bought.

As far as future oiling goes, im not 100% sure but i reckon itll be the same as K&N filters.

If you want to go ahead let me know....

Ohh, and cheese... if you want to spend cash on a cone, go for an ARC box :)

flib1
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
great thanks, do you want to pm me with how you want paying?
Now it's time to dig out that BDA decat pipe and get it fitted as well :evilgrin:

cheese
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi Axeboy, sorry to hijack your thread, but where did you get your ARC box from and how much was it??? :2thumbsup

Axeboy
01-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi Mate

Got it from Takakaira and it was about £200. Not cheap, but a good looking and good performing bit of kit. Ive noticed an increase in response but havnt done anything about a cold feed yet... thats next weekend.

Id reckon its worth it if you are considering a mushroom in the HKS/Blitz stylie...

heres a pic of mine fitted, notice the battery is in the way. I intend to fit a smaller battery and remove the plastic surround... then add a cold air feed from the fog light...

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=482

bernmc
02-05-2006, 08:13 AM
£200 squids is a lot of money for an aloooominium box... does it do anything special.. apart from being a box?

And BMC are my initials, which I own, which are mine. As far as I am aware, I have not produced an airfilter, so what's going on :|:|:|?????

Axeboy
02-05-2006, 11:45 AM
No bern... its nothing special.

Just an alternative to the HKS mushroom style kits which generally come round at a similar price. I reckon this will be a better option once the cold air feed is sorted.... but i may eat my hat.

cheese
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
it does look the nads, i have ordered a HKS unit from Mr Voodoo, so I'll have to make do with that. I have a mate who is looking at making a heat shield to go around the side and bottom of the filter, but I'll have to wait until I have the filter to see if it fit/ work.