PDA

View Full Version : VR4 2nd hand value

Ian
01-05-2006, 10:58 PM
After 4+ years of enjoyable VR4 driving it is time for me to move on and I am reluctantly proposing to sell my car. The problem is I have no idea what its true value is. I have looked at Parkers guide (see below) and its value varies between £8780 & £10250 for a 2001/51 4D Auto
It is not in showroom condition but is a genuine Mitsi UK car with Lux Pack (Leather seats etc..)

Can the members help me and suggest a reasonable price or if you like make a sensible offer. Further details on the car can be viewed at......

http://www.marwel.com/vr4/vr4.pdf

http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/used_car/valuation.aspx?deriv=19184&model=1408&plate=67&pay=false&buyorsell=sell

Cheers...

BraindG
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I would take a look in the For Sale section. That should give you a good indication of current market prices.

Kieran
01-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Get the AYC issue sorted if you can - Roger Rally on the Mitsu Lancer Register sells uprated pump pressure switches to cure the issue mentioned in your PDF file (assuming your diagnosis is correct), otherwise it'll knock off a disproportionate amount of cash.

Axeboy
02-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Prices vary wildly these days.

As Kieran says, sort the ayc, this'll put buyers off so much you'd be selling at a huge loss.

Other than that id say £7500 for the sale bearing in mind this thread:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15175

Nick Mann
02-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Agree with above, sort AYC. Should be achievable for £150. £7500 has got to be the minimum, though. These cars sell when you find the buyer, not when you price them high or low. If you want to sell fast, then give a silly low price on it, otherwise you will just have to wait for the right buyer to come along.

marcusfindlay
02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Am I showing my ignorance by suggesting that fitting an adjustable pressure switch is not really the answer - just disguises the fact the pump is on the way out. Might buy a few months reprieve but the next owner will probably be faced with fitting a new pump.
I'm replacing the pump on mine for the same reasons, so am looking to find someone who can refurb the old one. Anyone know who does them?

BraindG
03-05-2006, 09:49 AM
In some cases yes, but in the majority of the AYC problems replacing that switch resolves the problem. I know it did for me, and i can count on both hands other members in the same boat.

Kieran
03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Am I showing my ignorance by suggesting that fitting an adjustable pressure switch is not really the answer - just disguises the fact the pump is on the way out.....

Not always Marcus - According to the info Roger Rally gave Nick Mann, if ATF is used instead of AYC fluid, it can prematurely corrode the switch, causing it to fail, as I recall. Pump isn't always on it's last legs!

marcusfindlay
03-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Interesting. Mine's been dealer serviced all its life so I'd be surprised if they'd put in ATF. At the same time I'm surprised that the pump should be faulty after only 35K miles. Symptoms do suggest the pump though - warning light comes on regularly after about 20 mins driving suggesting the pump is unable to maintain 16 bar with hot/thin fluid. The decision's made and a replacement pump is hopefully arriving this week. If that doesn't work the adjustable pressure sensor will be the next step. Watch this space.

BraindG
04-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Keep us posted Marcus, is the replacement on warrenty?

marcusfindlay
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Don't ask!

Nick Mann
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
The pressure switch is part of the pump assembly, so replacing the whole lot should be almost foolproof in solving the problem. The only other option is a fault in the diff, which I would imagine is far less likely.