PDA

View Full Version : RT4 TIME TO PANIC....sort of!

Simon
02-05-2006, 01:07 PM
The information i read about the F1 circuit was posted on the northern loop website and i had it cross referenced with info on the ring website.......was thinking last week to check info again and as Jimbo highlighted this morning ive gone back to check..........and the info we originally read has gone/changed/vanished!/Grrr /pan /help

If you guys cant see the info then its not on......./Grrr :inquisiti the info hasnt simply been changed but gone/deleted.......if anyone else can prove me wrong, then..........

RT4 is the "Ring" only and NO F1 Circuit

Now is the time to cancel eveything/the trip if this is not going to be suitable. Im still searching for the info..............is there anywhere we can get an absolute answer on this:inquisiti

HJM
02-05-2006, 01:11 PM
There will be no panicking or cancelling here :party3:

J :happy:

Jimbo
02-05-2006, 01:20 PM
When we had it at RT1 it was apparently the first time they'd ever done it for tourist laps, and the reason appeared to be to get us to bed-in some new tarmac ready for a race meeting.

If I recall, it was an unconfirmed rumour for a long time leading right up to the first trip, so who knows....it may still happen at some point?

For those of you that haven't driven it before, it's not the be all and end all and certainly not the reason to go or not go - it's just an extremely grippy and wide modern race track in the Silverstone mold, so it's good if you like that sort of thing, but no-one can call it amazing compared to the 13 miles of road next to it.

thecustomer
02-05-2006, 01:23 PM
The information i read about the F1 circuit was posted on the northern loop website and i had it cross referenced with info on the ring website.......was thinking last week to check info again and as Jimbo highlighted this morning ive gone back to check..........and the info we originally read has gone/changed/vanished!/Grrr /pan /help

If you just want to read the info, try searching for it on google, then (instead of clicking the link to go to the webpage) click on google's cache of the page.
Chances are that it'll still be there.

hth

Will

Wodjno
02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Sounds boring to me :thinking:

Simon
02-05-2006, 01:31 PM
the F1 circuit is boring compared to the northern loop IMHO, they are like chalk and cheese....a wide, flat, grippy race track with run offs or a patched up a-road with 1m run off! :inquisiti Im still going but it would have been good if the two tracks were linked like RT1...... just thought all people going should be made aware that there may be no F1 circuit to drive on! hey ho!:(

Jimbo
02-05-2006, 01:33 PM
I just remembered that on that first trip there were a load of people driving through the pitlane at T13 so they could avoid going on the F1 track.....until they were spotted by the marshals who pointed out that it wasn't ideal for them to be rejoining at the same point as others coming OFF the G1 circuit at 90mph!

Point is, most of the locals saw the extra 2 and half miles as an un-welcome diversion!

HJM
02-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Shame - I liked the circuit especially barrelling down to that first hairpin at 120mph :2thumbsup

Even though it's Germany's 2nd major track - puts Silverstone to shame /pan

H

Spirit
02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
It's a shame, but does not alter my plans :2thumbsup

TBH in a way I was concerned about the additional tyre wear the GP circuit may have caused so that a plus.:zzz: