PDA

View Full Version : You wouldn't believe!

Pescha
14-10-2003, 05:52 AM
I pulled up at the local gas station here in Huntly INSERT INTO post VALUES (Shell) and there were INSERT INTO post VALUES (including mine) 4 legnums.... 2 white, 1 trigger mauve INSERT INTO post VALUES (mine) and a black one... Only 2 VR-4's, mine and a white one... Got out and spoke to the chap and told him about this site....

Have to have a word with Barry cause he asked for a business card...
BARRY - do we have any yet? :lolz:

Any way found out that this VR-4 is based in Te Kauwhata where I work....

Told him about this site so fingers crossed he may join...

But it seemed funny to have 4 legnums in one spot lol...

Cheers,
Pescha!

BraindG
14-10-2003, 07:37 AM
hehe.. whats the chances of that!?. were they having their own meet? :)

business cards.. hmmm.. you got a printer? :D

Pescha
14-10-2003, 07:39 AM
yip, brand new HP printer, scanner and copier :lolz:

Cheers,
Pescha!

tunes
14-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Nearly could have qualified as the first NZ meet! Pretty random though to have 4 wagons in the same gas station all at the same time.

Pescha
14-10-2003, 07:52 PM
Hell yeah good feelin though, everyone was lookin :loz:

And about a club meet, I am trying to get one worked out.... But everytime I try no interest...

1) I asked what everyone would like to do so I had ideas to work with.... nothing!

2) This Big Boys toys.... I'm not sure exactly how this is going to work... but I have a funny feeling that we will get special previledges at BIG BOYS TOYS.... like no waiting etc..... As I think it's organised with the BIG BOYS TOYS!

But theres no real interest there either!

SO go fiqure!

Pescha!

Nimma
14-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Looking at the amount of legnums in NZ you would think they are a rash on the planet!

Pescha
14-10-2003, 08:04 PM
:lolz: exactly!

tunes
14-10-2003, 08:14 PM
Very true that in NZ they are becomming more than common! Bought my first legnum about 2 years ago INSERT INTO post VALUES (onto the second now) and since then they have been popping up EVERYWHERE!

Brind
14-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by tunes
Very true that in NZ they are becomming more than common! Bought my first legnum about 2 years ago INSERT INTO post VALUES (onto the second now) and since then they have been popping up EVERYWHERE!
Hope that doesn't happen here!!! :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

I'm all for these great machines to exist but they need to stay rare. :cool:

KiwiTT
15-10-2003, 01:20 AM
Does any one know how many were built ?

As Japan discards cars after 3-4 years, because of horrendous compliance and re-registration costs, most will end up here in NZ INSERT INTO post VALUES (a huge 2nd-hand Jap Import market) INSERT INTO post VALUES (over half all cars first registered in NZ); with some going to the UK and other second-hand RHD places.

If we can all maintain them well, they will be on the road long after the other cars have gone. Most passerbys will think it is only a warmed over Galant. Only those in the know will recognise the VR-4 badge and what it means.

I would like my car to be on the road long enough for me to get the same rarity reaction, I get when I see a Mark II Jaguar.

Some people will spend over $100,000 on their dream car. I hope to spend only a half that over the entire life of the car.

This is my dream.

tunes
15-10-2003, 01:57 AM
Lots of Legnums but not so many VR-4's although the number is definitley growing. I would be a happy man if, for some reason, no more were allowed to be imported. I don't want my car turning into the latest version of the ever popular toyota corolla!

Brind
15-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Strangely enough, we don't seem to have many normal Galant saloons/Legnums on the roads here, could just be where I am, but Vectras, Mondeos, BMWs, Mercs to name a few dominate here.

I'd much rather have a car that was rare than a variation of something EVERYONE else has.

jtfleming
15-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Car importers have finally clicked onto Galant/Legnum and the price seems to be dropping so expect to see lots more on the road, the more the better I say, just hope they don't become as common as Legacys though...

tunes
15-10-2003, 08:09 PM
May have to cull off a few if the numbers get too large ;) Yeah, looks like lots of 96-98 models are on our roads these days.

Nick Mann
15-10-2003, 08:18 PM
I had a 'normal' galant estate until the weekend. It was rare that I saw a similar car on the road - maybe only twice a month - but the VR4's a small percentage of those!

Japmetal
15-10-2003, 10:10 PM
OK, It's not a VR4, but mine IS rare [especially since they stoppd making them about 10 years ago !] and I totally agree that having an odd-ball [in a good way :P] car is great fun; especially when they see your 'shopping trolley disappearing over the horizon !! :D

LONG LIVE THE GALANTS - BUT NOT ALL OF THEM !! ;)