PDA

View Full Version : Help :P

Rikki
03-05-2006, 09:49 AM
hi people.

i registered with yourselves yesterday however i have been costantly looking at your site for the past 3 years. i have now bought a 2000 V6 Sport to replace my 99 GLS.

i was wondering if anyone knows of ANY induction kits available (or filters) as i remember having this problem with the GLS.

Cheers in advance
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

BraindG
03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Theres one for sale in the For sale section now (forget if its not sold yet)

/Wyhy, welcome to CVR4 as a poster :)

richy rich
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
hello and welcome

WildCards
03-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi there.

Rikki
03-05-2006, 10:07 AM
this could just be me, but i cant seem to access the for sale section (which i am guessing is under the clssifieds section??)

BraindG
03-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Thats not live yet..

try here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)..

Rikki
03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
ah, that would be why :P
cheers for the link. i managed to source a massive cone filter from pipercross for the GLS and i was hoping for something similar, though maybe not as big. think it was a universal though with an adaptor, sounded sweet :D

Rikki
03-05-2006, 11:20 AM
most popular (or available) seems to be an InJen induction it, but coming from the US. :S. RamAir apparently do one but I hvae not been able to find it, and everyone else will supply me with a universal. will this be just as good?

Next up: Suspension lol

Kenneth
03-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I am starting to feel like a broken record... but anyway, here we go again ;)

Pod filters sound nice, I agree. especially in the N/A vehicles.

However dyno proved they dont help for power. in fact, dyno results indicate lower power figures from those with pod filters.
The guy running a CAI with his pod filter had SERIOUS over fueling issues. I would expect this was caused by the intake, as the previous owner of that intake had exactly the same issue.

anyway, if it is performance you want, keep the standard induction.

Good suspension will transform your driving experiance though, so good luck there :)

Rikki
04-05-2006, 10:02 AM
thanks for bringing that to my attention. i did notice the idle speed went slightly higher after fitting the filter, however that was fixed when i added an EcoTek Valve. I couldnt honestly tell you whether it gained power or not but it certainly gained noise lol. do you reckon maybe changing the panel filter in the 'box' and adding a cold air feed to it?
oh and the suspension setup on the GLS was solid, i had Koni adjustables and -40mm springs. no roll whatsoever :D

ritch_w
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
get a K&N panel filter from motorsportworld and avoid any heat soak issues.

Rikki
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
i probably will do something like that. would it be worthwhile drilling the box and adding a cold feed into it?
looking for a new car? lol my old GLS is for sale :p