PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Desperately needed V6 front shocks

V6Dan
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help me with this one, the drivers side shock absorber on my V6-24 has now completely packed up and decided its had enough of absorbing shocks. I'm extremely tight for cash this month and cannot afford mitsubishi's ludicrous prices for new ones, and my trawling of ebay and the local scrappers has been unsuccessful, so my question is this - does anybody have left over from a suspension upgrade or similar a pair of front shocks for a Galant V6-24 (1998, pre-facelift) that they would part with for a reasonable sum of money? The car is pretty hard to drive like this and I do a lot of miles, so I need to get it fixed asap... :s It would be fine, except for I spent just over £700 last month to get it through the MOT (new ABS sensor and coil spring), and £300 the month before on its service/cambelt :s Since I paid £1300 for the bugger, its getting a bit depressing ;)

Funkstar
03-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Hi, have you tried Mo (Zedy1). Can you see any of the new Galant Spares Banners at the top of the site? Click on them and their should be a contact number for the main man.

EDD
03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
I have a set of Tein Type HA which was removed from my 96 legnum vr4 estate 2 months ago. Its not in very good condition. The paint has flaked off and there is a bit of rust (mainly dirt) on the shock bodies. Springs are a bit rusty too. All 4 corners need new spring seat and spring seat lock rings which are £10 each from any Tein stockist. I have the part numbers. I have just started to tidy them up. I have removed the paint and corrosion from the body of one (front) shock so far. I still have the coil overs to clean up and shock strutts + coilovers to repaint. The threads on the shock bodies (for the spring seat and spring seat lock) all seem to be cleaning up nicely, however one of the rear shock coil overs had cracked. The reason i had them removed was that I found the locking collars to be corroded and one had cracked. The threads looked bad but turned out just to be corroded material from the locking collars whick I have since removed. It was supposed to be under the warranty, so I had a full set of new Tein superwagon coilovers and shocks fitted. Then found out it wasn't and had to pay out the full £1025 myself. My main problem is finding the time between work and parenting to clean them up. pm me if youd like some pics.

Nick Mann
04-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Standard shocks are KYB. Find a stockist and you should be able to get them for approx £40 each new. Not including fitting!!

ritch_w
05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
i got KYB gas shocks for my v6-24 from the local motorfactors, about £70 inc vat (each) for the fronts and about £50 inc vat each for the rears, just about £250 inc delivery next day!

there are always bilstiens from motorsportworld.co.uk for similar money but you may have to wait for them depending on stock at the factory

Alanee
05-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Call KYB (only sell to trade) on 01925 417444 and ask for your nearest stockist.

I got a price of 42.90 + VAT from my nearest stockist.

V6Dan
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
All sorted, they'll be with me Monday. Thank you all for your help! Edd - if I was keeping the car then I'd have taken you up on your offer, but hopefully a company car will be on the way soon, and so she'll have to go :(