PDA

View Full Version : earthquake

gaz70
03-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Just been reading about an earthquake measuring 8.1 off Tonga. Hope it does not affect any of you boys/girls!!!!!!!:speechles

bradc
03-05-2006, 09:03 PM
We'll be fine, I think the guys in Tonga mightn't be going so well, their houses aren't designed for that sort of thing.

Spirit
03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
More info here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4970308.stm

Springie
04-05-2006, 02:20 AM
I got a random phone call at about 5ish in the morning, and a chick was talking to someone in the background so i though must be a wrong number, so i hung up. A minute later, they rang again and proceeded to tell me they were in the U.S.A (from NZ though) and said a tsunami was coming, i thought they where bull****ing me, found out that it was actually a wrong number but still handy they rang.

So get up and turn TV 1,2,3 nothing, CNN bingo, had the details, i flicked to BBC and they were lagging way behind CNN. When CNN said it was all sweet and over, BBC were still saying gisborne was being evacuated (which it wasnt). I found it quite funny, how delayed they where.

Anyway, im sweet cause im inland but still, i was a bit worried. On a side note Civil Defense didnt find out about it until the Radio station news people rang up to ask what was happening, and they had no idea. So i guess the moral is we should be a bit more prepared if it does happen as we probably won't know until its just about to late

OSiRiS
04-05-2006, 02:36 AM
lol just keep sleeping :)