PDA

View Full Version : AVCR and SAFC

thehedgepig
04-05-2006, 07:55 PM
These babies have arrived and I was thinking of fitting it underneath the stereo where the sunglasses holder and ashtray are......

would it be wise to remove the whole centre console and replace with a custom black (Or carbon Fibre) unit or just hack the bottom off the origional one and go from there... ?

Discuss.....

bradc
04-05-2006, 09:11 PM
You could do that and mount them on the bottom of the centre console, just infront of the shifter. Another good place it up on the dash infront of the clock for one of them.

thehedgepig
05-05-2006, 01:59 AM
. Another good place it up on the dash infront of the clock for one of them.

I don't want them to look like add on extras, I was thinking if I built them into the console they would look far more like standard items than if they stuck out of the dashboard.

Up where I live there are alot of "Halfords Heroes" who have gauges and dials just stuck on to the dash and I think it looks cheap.

Kenneth
05-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Up where I live there are alot of "Halfords Heroes" who have gauges and dials just stuck on to the dash and I think it looks cheap.

Usually that is because it IS cheap ;)

stuartturbo
07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
i have put mine in the glasses holder loose then when i view it it does hold nicely between the open front and facia.
did not want it on show when i leave the car but viewable easy