PDA

View Full Version : YouSee's Dyno Run

mpau009
06-05-2006, 03:02 AM
Iv uploaded the video i took this morning at torque performance, of UC's car running very rich, but still pulling 198Wkw. (not 200 like he promised:thinking:)

Such an angry car... The sound came through pretty well considering its not a proper digital video camera..

Was good to meet up with the pair from wellington too, if you listen carefully enough, you can have some unwitting commentary from VR4MAD.:party3:

Just as well i took the camera, cause the rest of you lazy bums were still asleep./pan

http://rapidshare.de/files/19727756/UC_-_Dyno_.wmv.html

If someone wants to put it onto the site that might be a good idea, cause that one will only last for so long.

bradc
06-05-2006, 03:18 AM
nice :D

His boost curve is nuts, a straight line up to 19psi at about 3750rpm, holds it until about 4400rpm, then drops to 14psi at 6250rpm.

It peaks at nearly 1200nm Torque, most of the other Torque Perf runs had 750-850nm Torque

Xeroid
06-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Sorry I didn't bike in to see you guys, we kinda sort of overindulged last night and neither of us was up to much this morning. Still recovering.

GroundControl
06-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Nice /yes

I'd be interested to see the dyno plot.

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too great when I woke up this morning, drank a tad too much last night I think... /pan

KiwiTT
06-05-2006, 05:15 AM
If someone wants to put it onto the site that might be a good idea, cause that one will only last for so long.Uploading now

You See
06-05-2006, 05:40 AM
Will upload the dyno plot later ...but for now, I need sleep!!! :P

ShadyNZer
06-05-2006, 06:22 AM
all good.....i want some wasteys :(

soz didnt text back last night man was at work and no credit...couldve texted after 12 but meh....

ratsh!t bout the league tho!!!!!!

You See
06-05-2006, 10:58 AM
soz didnt text back last night man was at work and no credit...couldve texted after 12 but meh....

No worries dude...I'll try not to hold it against you! :P

You See
06-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Here's my dyno plot....As you can see, it's unable to hold max boost throughout the rev range...which I'll get sorted in a few months! :leer:
They've also told me that I'm running extremely rich on idle (which I'm aware of)
..It's a shame I couldn't break the 200kw ATW on their dyno...oh well, must come back with avengence!

You See
06-05-2006, 11:21 AM
It's funny how in the vid (found HERE (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16105)) Robin goes and gets his earmuffs after the first run. /haz

Kenneth
06-05-2006, 11:41 PM
Whats wrong with your turbos dude? They are building boost far too slow ;)

Looks good otherwise :)

bradc
06-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I wonder why? :D

I was disappointed that I missed the run, I really wanted to hear your car. I'll have to go down to Gary's one day when your car is on his dyno.

bradc
06-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Ken - It looks like a ski ramp or something to me :D When I get home I'll have a good look comparing Uc's curve to your's, could be interesting.

Kenneth
07-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Ken - It looks like a ski ramp or something to me :D When I get home I'll have a good look comparing Uc's curve to your's, could be interesting.

lol, except that my boost curve is buggered because there was a leak in the connection somwhere and they could only record 5.5psi.

Still, my logging software is saying that I get over 10psi at 2500rpm

The torque curve should tell the story though. that 19psi is deffinatly doing good things for power

You See
07-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Give it a few months guys....then hopefully it'll be a different story! :D

bradc
07-05-2006, 07:39 AM
If you compare Uc's curve the big differance is easily seen in the torque curves, Uc's one is a huge hill in the middle of the rev range whereas everyone else's is virtually flat across most of the rev range. I think the increased boost is probably quite a bit of that :)

Kenneth
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
If you compare Uc's curve the big differance is easily seen in the torque curves, Uc's one is a huge hill in the middle of the rev range whereas everyone else's is virtually flat across most of the rev range. I think the increased boost is probably quite a bit of that :)

Its ALL of it genius... its not like he has bigger turbos or bigger engine you know!

19psi vs 10psi? not hard to see who is going to win

VR4 MAD
07-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Iv uploaded the video i took this morning at torque performance, of UC's car running very rich, but still pulling 198Wkw. (not 200 like he promised:thinking:)

Such an angry car... The sound came through pretty well considering its not a proper digital video camera..

Was good to meet up with the pair from wellington too, if you listen carefully enough, you can have some unwitting commentary from VR4MAD.:party3:

Just as well i took the camera, cause the rest of you lazy bums were still asleep./pan

http://rapidshare.de/files/19727756/UC_-_Dyno_.wmv.html

If someone wants to put it onto the site that might be a good idea, cause that one will only last for so long.

Well it was great to finally meet and greet Mike and UC at the dyno test. Very disappointed others didn't show..................../pan /Grrr :speechles

Excellent video. Shame you didn't take a little footage (with sound) of the STi and it's really cool sounding exhaust though/pan

Anyway, I think a good time was had by all those that did turn up. Great to see UC's car and it has already given me ideas of yet more things I could do to mind.......given enough time and money. Will be a beast when it's finally all sorted:evilgrin:

Till next time I get back up to Aucks (which may not be for awhile......f**king plods stole a small fortune off me during the round trip grrrrrrrrr)

cheers from Wellington

VR4 MAD