PDA

View Full Version : transmission swap

SKY is the LIMIT
06-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Hi there, im kinda new here. i own a galant vr4 2.5l Twin turbo. it came out of japan with a tipronic tranny. but i am seekin to put in a manual trans mission. any advise you guys have on wich transmission to use, because i hear rumors that the 3000GT AWD gearbox bolts straigt onto the 2.5l engine. as i am very new to my mitsubishi glant i have a lot of questions. just blew my engine to bits. my no3 and 5 cyl pistons had holes in them, due to a 75 shot of nos.

richy rich
06-05-2006, 07:20 AM
/Welcome
changing the gear box is poss (the 3000gt not shore if it will go strait on) a few peaple on here have done it, try a search.

Nick Mann
06-05-2006, 09:21 AM
There was a manual version of the 6A13TT VR4. The 3000GT is set up the other way round (engine an gearbox on other sides of the engine bay) so I would imagine that the 300GT box is not a sensible option. I could be proved wrong! We know that the Evo gearbox is very close to what is required, but none of us know yet how much work it would be to make it fit.

bradc
06-05-2006, 11:54 PM
I do Nick! The transfer box is in a differant place in EVO 7-9's, it is quite a bit further back. The Bellhousing is differant too, but not too differant. I've been quoted around $700 to make up a custom bellhousing to get a 6 speed EVO 8 onto a 6A13TT, the problem is the transfer case won't fit at all with the new gearbox, it needs to be IN the back cylinders :(

I'm working on it at the moment, but it looks like custom driveshafts will be needed.

SKY is the LIMIT
07-05-2006, 04:35 AM
But is there a manual gearbox that was designed for the 6A13TT, that will bolt straight onto the engine. and if thats not available, does someone have the specs for the toque converter in the car, as far as the size, bolt patren, bolt lenghts, so that i cvan look for a race converter or have one custom made

bradc
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Yes there definately is, probably 30-40% of the cars here are manuals. I think they are fairly hard to find though. What country are you from?

SKY is the LIMIT
08-05-2006, 04:40 AM
well i am from suriname, south america. im heaving a very har time tuning my car. as i have grown tired of my other cars (nissan skyline GTR R34 @700HP, toyota Supra MKIV 400HP and my EVO IV also 400HP) i thaught id go for a challenge. since there is only one galant VR-4 that races our streets (there are more here but they dont race and probably dont realize they have turbo's). is there anyway i could get a manual box in good condition shipped to my country via one of the members. id be willing to pay up to $2000 US for it. i ned somthing. cuz my second engine is allready sitting in the car as i blew my first up while shotting 75HP on high boost (14psi) and stock turbo's. they went into overboost cus the wastegates dont support that kinda flow and my enigne leaned out, detonation etc etc. i bought a new engine, have cosworth rods, cosworth pistons and a very expensive custom machines AEBS cranck shafts. The whole engine build cost me about 30k US. but now im sitting with a very expensive engine (going single bit turbo one of these days, thinkin T04Z) but i dont think the tiptronic would hold that power, so i need a manual box which would help me spool that monster better. please i ned some feedback. appreaciate any support that can be given at this point. or ill be posting a engine for sale tread. :D

bradc
08-05-2006, 04:53 AM
You could just go with an EVO 8/9 6 speed gearbox and get a custom bellhousing made up.

Sounds like a very good project, can you post pics up of the current engine?

Kenneth
08-05-2006, 04:55 AM
well i am from suriname, south america. im heaving a very har time tuning my car. as i have grown tired of my other cars (nissan skyline GTR R34 @700HP, toyota Supra MKIV 400HP and my EVO IV also 400HP) i thaught id go for a challenge. since there is only one galant VR-4 that races our streets (there are more here but they dont race and probably dont realize they have turbo's). is there anyway i could get a manual box in good condition shipped to my country via one of the members. id be willing to pay up to $2000 US for it. i ned somthing. cuz my second engine is allready sitting in the car as i blew my first up while shotting 75HP on high boost (14psi) and stock turbo's. they went into overboost cus the wastegates dont support that kinda flow and my enigne leaned out, detonation etc etc. i bought a new engine, have cosworth rods, cosworth pistons and a very expensive custom machines AEBS cranck shafts. The whole engine build cost me about 30k US. but now im sitting with a very expensive engine (going single bit turbo one of these days, thinkin T04Z) but i dont think the tiptronic would hold that power, so i need a manual box which would help me spool that monster better. please i ned some feedback. appreaciate any support that can be given at this point. or ill be posting a engine for sale tread. :D

You might try http://www.kempys.co.nz/
Email them. Should be able to work something out.

For $2000us, I might be willing to send you mine ;)