PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see that Indy crash shown on the news earlier?

Brind
15-10-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm not really a follower of sports so excuse my ignorance.
Indy racing, accident led to one car drive up another and then hit the barrier spreading every part of the car in all directions leaving the cockpit spinning in mid air until it crashed to the ground still spinning!! the guy suvived too. :beerbang:

Don't know anymore details, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me. :)

jtfleming
15-10-2003, 12:31 AM
Congratulations Scott Dixion.

GO KIWIS GO!!!!!

:D :D :D :beerclash :thumb: :bow: :bow: :thumb1:

tunes
15-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Hell yeah! Indy Car Champion for 2003! Can't wait to see how he does next season. Rumours that he will be testing F1 but he has said he's back for another year of indy.

Roadrunner
15-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Kenny Brack was the unlucky guy who had the huge accident. Got launched into the air at around 220mph and the catch fencing stripped the car down to the carbon fibre safety cell. Several VERY fast spins later, it all stopped and Kenny was still alive! Quite badly injured, though, with a broken back, broken breastbone, broken leg, two broken ankles, and some other injuries, but he was apparently JOKING with the paramedics trying to get him out of the remains of the car!

I really love Indy and CART racing but, when they have accidents, they have BIG ones, sometimes involving a dozen cars or more.

Lucky guy, though. Wish him a speedy recovery.