PDA

View Full Version : VR4 Tractor

Spirit
06-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Some of you may have seen in a couple of other threads that some damage was caused to our exhaust when Shaz drove over something (looked like a can)on the motorway a few days ago.

As you will see, I think we were lucky the only damage caused was to the exhaust as it could have been a lot worse. And no wonder the damn thing sounds like a tractor /haz

Impacts:

1: Flexi section - leaking, needs to be cut out and a new section welded in
2: De-cat pipe - badly dented but not punctured
3: Rear section - punctured and needs repairing
4: More damage !

The Vee
06-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Glad it was only the zorst that made contact. That must have been something quite heavy/solid to do that.

BraindG
06-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Bloodeh heck, must have been something heavy... thats some damage youve picked up there. Did you get it fixed today? or just checking damage?

Spirit
06-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Nah, she's going in Monday to the guys who made my pipework in the engine bay. They will custom fit a new flexi bit and repair the punture - hopefully !

Raggy
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Nasty, hope it gets sorted on monday

HJM
06-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Yep - best of luck getting it sorted next week :2thumbsup

J :happy:

Kenneth
06-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds like its about time you got a full exaust system installed ;) Since you are spending money on the exaust anyway...

bradc
06-05-2006, 11:49 PM
That doesn't look very good at all Pete. Lucky it didn't hit any body work.

I'm with Kenneth, it's a good time to get a full exhaust installed

Spirit
07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Sounds like its about time you got a full exaust system installed ;) Since you are spending money on the exaust anyway...

Yeah, but hopefully the repairs will only be £100-£120, whereas a new system would of course be substantially more.....and I would have to go for twin exits, not that I have thought about it of course.

Nope, must resist......need cash for RT4.....so repaired it will be !

Polabear
07-05-2006, 05:49 PM
Glad it was only the zorst that made contact. That must have been something quite heavy/solid to do that.

They breed those bloody badgers tough down ere Andy..../JawDroppi :lipsrseal

Little Miss Road Rage
08-05-2006, 01:37 PM
omg thats awful. Glad its repairable

Spirit
08-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Ok, it's not being repaired. Once they saw the damage the quote to repair went up considerably, and also they felt the second flexi section should be replaced.

Looks like I will be buying Kev's off him, basically identical to mine. May be fitted today.

The Vee
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Hmmmm maybe now enough pipework for a little modification - twin ex....... /pan /pan HehHeh sorry mate!! like the new avatar btw.:2thumbsup

Spirit
08-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Hmmmm maybe now enough pipework for a little modification - twin ex....... /pan /pan HehHeh sorry mate!! like the new avatar btw.:2thumbsup

You barsteward, I was all ready just to sell mine on. Just spent a few minutes considering this now, but.......I don't think I will. Mind you twin super dragers would be a first.

But then I would have to buy another insert (to get under 100dB) and pay for the custom work. Unless you fancy doing it for me mate ? /haz

The Vee
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
You barsteward,

/STP ;) ;)