PDA

View Full Version : Evo Bonnet?

thehedgepig
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Does a standard evo vented bonnet fit a Legnum? Done a search of other threads but I'm unable to find any details....

Thanks.

Nick Mann
08-05-2006, 09:48 PM
No. But you can get an Evo style bonnet for the VR4.

soapy1978
09-05-2006, 01:45 AM
No. But you can get an Evo style bonnet for the VR4.

have you got link to where we cold et one from as think they look the cogs nuts

g6acb
09-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Try here

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item_detail.php?prodID=445005123

no idea if it's good value or will fit

You See
09-05-2006, 07:22 AM
You could also try www.speedfactory.co.nz they may be willing to export if out to you (betcha to it Bradc :P)

Spirit
09-05-2006, 08:13 AM
The one on mine was fitted by the previous owner (Simon), who IIRC got it from Karma Imports in Bristol. Give them a call: http://www.karma-import.com/bodykit.php - whilst they don't list the bonnet alone on the Galant bodykit page they may be able to supply one.

bradc
09-05-2006, 08:24 AM
no point Uc, they can get it locally over there from a few shops :)

Dream Weaver
09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Tried the Karma Imports outfit but they don't seem too keen to answer the phone......................

And their mailbox is full so emails get bounced.

Funkstar
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
The one on mine was fitted by the previous owner (Simon), who IIRC got it from Karma Imports in Bristol. Give them a call: http://www.karma-import.com/bodykit.php - whilst they don't list the bonnet alone on the Galant bodykit page they may be able to supply one.

Would be good if they could split it. 280 quid sounds a good price if you ask me. Well worth the investment as I think these would finish off the look of these cars. :afro:

Have been looking at this idea for a while. Even though I like the stealth factor of these cars, I find that nobody really wants to have a go as they think its just a normal Executive car that wouldn't pose a problem. /Grrr

Haven't had one worthwhile Kill Story since I've had it. :bigcry:

bradc
09-05-2006, 08:52 PM
imho if you have a prefacelift car, the EVO style is the best, but if you have a facelift car, my style of bonnet looks great on a facelift car. The curves really complement the bumper quite well.

ciderisgr8
09-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Does a standard evo vented bonnet fit a Legnum? Done a search of other threads but I'm unable to find any details....

Thanks.

Have you tried speaking to a local body shop about modding your current bonnet ?
Theres one near me that can do a bonnet for about £350 and it looks the spit of an Evo bonnet but at a reduction of price....
Try phoning around.

Spirit
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Tried the Karma Imports outfit but they don't seem too keen to answer the phone......................

And their mailbox is full so emails get bounced.

Just read on UJCC that they have gone bust.......so that explains this !

The Vee
12-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Have you tried speaking to a local body shop about modding your current bonnet ?
Theres one near me that can do a bonnet for about £350 and it looks the spit of an Evo bonnet but at a reduction of price....
Try phoning around.

/yes ;) ;)

Dream Weaver
12-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Well their Karma was not so good then !

Anyway I think I will go for the modification to my existing bonnet - I am not too keen on pins and stuff to hold a flimsy fibreglass bonnet down.

I have got some proper Evo6 mesh covers and RSE are going to fit an Evi 6 style bulge and paint the whole lot.

Rikki
07-08-2006, 10:20 AM
i been considering this for a while now n have decided i want the bonnet changed by xmas (whether it hapens or not is a different story). After browsing through again, Bradc i think i agree wit ya that 'your' bonnet would suit the facelift better - however i am wanting that wee vent on the side too which yours doesnt seem to have. idea behind that is wanting more air into the airbox.

anyone know if its possible to get? i am also looking at the carbon fibre evo bonnet that there is a link to somewhere on here :D

bradc
07-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Mine does have that little vent. I think I will either get it covered up, or get an identical one put in the other side. I like symmetry you see :)

Rikki
07-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Mine does have that little vent. I think I will either get it covered up, or get an identical one put in the other side. I like symmetry you see :)

i stand corrected, sorry Brad! must have been the one on Funky Styling that didnt, or maybe i was not looking hard enough :rifle:

vampirej
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
How about Seibon?

OSiRiS
07-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Go carbon ;) You won't regret it when the sun shines onto it ;)

d i c k i e s
08-08-2006, 01:09 AM
im still after one aswell, but you know from nz!

Rikki
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Go carbon ;) You won't regret it when the sun shines onto it ;)

might be cheaper believe it or not! sure i read it was about £500 for it, n the primered version of brads is £350 (i think) but by the time its painted etc will be well over £500. Might be a plan :D

bradc
08-08-2006, 11:00 AM
If my car was black or dark silver I would go with Carbon, but for any other colour car I'd go with painted fibreglass.

OSiRiS
10-08-2006, 04:59 AM
might be cheaper believe it or not! sure i read it was about £500 for it, n the primered version of brads is £350 (i think) but by the time its painted etc will be well over £500. Might be a plan :D

/Banana